Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bye week is pretty much over, finally

I understand the benefits of a bye week, and I'm glad we were able to have one jut as we were needing some reprieve from recent injuries. That being said, as a fan, I abhor bye weeks. Such a long wait until our next game. The other teams' games sort of hold me over, but more than anything they make me eager to watch our Broncos!

Thankfully this Sunday is just about over, and the countdown to Green Bay's arrival begins!

I think we have a decent chance here. Don't be confused, lurkers, I understand that GB has both an upper tier offense and defense. However, I really think our defense is going to be up for the task this weekend. Look for many players to take advantage of a prime time home game against a prime time opponent. Our playmaking defense with be foaming at the mouth to sack or intercept the best QB in the league in front of a national audience.

It's time to make a statement! Beat Green Bay and that will be huge for the team's confidence and as fans I'm sure we'll all be elated. I'm not hugely confident in our offense going against one of the better defenses. Manning will put us in poor spots and he will throw INTs. We must get used to this until his benching.

But! Over the last three games our run game and OL have been awesome. Hopefully they can build off of that. GB has a good pass D but doesn't have a great run defense, we can take advantage of that.

20-14 Denver, led by another 100 yarder from Hillman, as well as our D with a half dozen sacks and at least half as many forced turnovers!

Yep, ready for some football...Hopefully Manning spends the game protecting the ball. I don't care what his stats are like, I don't care how many yards or TD's he has...DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! Hopefully the run game and defense have big games and we can win this and give the NFL something to talk about.

Key to victory is not turning the ball over IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep, ready for some football...Hopefully Manning spends the game protecting the ball. I don't care what his stats are like, I don't care how many yards or TD's he has...DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER! Hopefully the run game and defense have big games and we can win this and give the NFL something to talk about.

Key to victory is not turning the ball over IMO.
    Agreed. We absolutely must have a positive turnover margin.

Here's hoping for all you said. One thing and you're free to disagree, but I wouldn't call our run game awesome. Good, better. Awesome? Not yet; but getting there.

CLE -109
    OAK - 43
    MIN - 144

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Here's hoping for all you said. One thing and you're free to disagree, but I wouldn't call our run game awesome. Good, better. Awesome? Not yet; but getting there.

CLE -109
    OAK - 43
    MIN - 144
    Well more so Hillman, with 235 of those 296 yards in the three games at 6.1ypc. There were more rush yards to have if we would have chose to run it!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Well more so Hillman, with 235 of those 296 yards in the three games at 6.1ypc. There were more rush yards to have if we would have chose to run it!
    That I agree with. We need to stay committed to the run. I think we will. Or I hope we will.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I was surprised to see that Green Bay's pass offense is actually struggling this year, they're ranked 22nd in ypg, which is actually behind Denver.

Hopefully Denver's number 1 pass D can keep them down, although having said that, anytime you go against Aaron Rodgers, there's a chance you could get lit up.

I'm glad the bye week is closer to midseason this year, week 4 is way too early.

We got this. Putting Bowlen in the ring we can't have GB come here and ruin that night. Win it for Pat!!!!!!!

Something tells me we are about to see something very special here in Denver. It starts next Sunday night!

Just have faith.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Speaking of this week, can we stop the narrative going around that the Patriots are demolishing teams?

Yet another 1-score victory that New York had to ROYALLY screw up in the 4th quarter. (Marshall dropping a touchdown pass that landed in his arms, thus forcing the Jets to settle on a field goal, for example.) With the exception of Jacksonville, New England hasn't stomped anybody. Dallas was without Romo and Bryant, and I don't care what anybody says, that game would have been dramatically different.

Lots of yards? Sure, but these games are tight, and Brady can't keep throwing 54+ times per game to get them there. We have all seen numerous times - and first hand - that hoping to just outscore teams won't win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Speaking of this week, can we stop the narrative going around that the Patriots are demolishing teams?

Yet another 1-score victory that New York had to ROYALLY screw up in the 4th quarter. (Marshall dropping a touchdown pass that landed in his arms, thus forcing the Jets to settle on a field goal, for example.) With the exception of Jacksonville, New England hasn't stomped anybody. Dallas was without Romo and Bryant, and I don't care what anybody says, that game would have been dramatically different.

Lots of yards? Sure, but these games are tight, and Brady can't keep throwing 54+ times per game to get them there. We have all seen numerous times - and first hand - that hoping to just outscore teams won't win it all.
    Well, Brady is certainly demolishing opposing defenses. The Pats put up 30 points against one of the top defenses in the league despite settling for field goals 3 times. They did this without running the ball at all. They knew they couldn't run against the Jets, but it didn't matter. Brady still shredded them for 355 yards.

The Jets did make some mistakes, but overall they played NE tough. Fitzpatrick was actually pretty good. I hate to say it but New England's passing attack looks unstoppable.
    Last edited by gerontion; 10-25-2015 at 11:14 PM.

I agree, Pats are beatable, what they are good at is halftime adjustments and they are seasoned in the playoffs and superbowl, they are very beatable and are not elite. Jets had that game, they lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post

Im just going to assume they are cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I understand the benefits of a bye week, and I'm glad we were able to have one jut as we were needing some reprieve from recent injuries. That being said, as a fan, I abhor bye weeks. Such a long wait until our next game. The other teams' games sort of hold me over, but more than anything they make me eager to watch our Broncos!

Thankfully this Sunday is just about over, and the countdown to Green Bay's arrival begins!

I think we have a decent chance here. Don't be confused, lurkers, I understand that GB has both an upper tier offense and defense. However, I really think our defense is going to be up for the task this weekend. Look for many players to take advantage of a prime time home game against a prime time opponent. Our playmaking defense with be foaming at the mouth to sack or intercept the best QB in the league in front of a national audience.

It's time to make a statement! Beat Green Bay and that will be huge for the team's confidence and as fans I'm sure we'll all be elated. I'm not hugely confident in our offense going against one of the better defenses. Manning will put us in poor spots and he will throw INTs. We must get used to this until his benching.

But! Over the last three games our run game and OL have been awesome. Hopefully they can build off of that. GB has a good pass D but doesn't have a great run defense, we can take advantage of that.

20-14 Denver, led by another 100 yarder from Hillman, as well as our D with a half dozen sacks and at least half as many forced turnovers!
    After watching the Jets/Pats* game, I am not so sure. The Jets were touting a #1 defense and ended up getting winded in the second half and just blowing coverage left and right to a team that I think ran the ball 5 times all game. High powered offenses will find ways to break down high powered defenses. Pressure on Rodgers will be key. Jets got pressure on Brady in the first half and kept the game close, but in the second half there was no pressure and countless stupid mistakes on both sides of the ball that cost the Jets the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    After watching the Jets/Pats* game, I am not so sure. The Jets were touting a #1 defense and ended up getting winded in the second half and just blowing coverage left and right to a team that I think ran the ball 5 times all game. High powered offenses will find ways to break down high powered defenses. Pressure on Rodgers will be key. Jets got pressure on Brady in the first half and kept the game close, but in the second half there was no pressure and countless stupid mistakes on both sides of the ball that cost the Jets the game.
    You're right about pressure being key. After all, isn't that how the Giants beat the mighty Pats in 2007?