Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

I'm lovin' this season!

We are still undefeated and have Vernon Davis joining the team.

I've been reading other rivals forums to see what they think of us and the one recurring theme is...

RESPECT!

Teams fear us and even though Manning has been struggling, the D is scaring the hell out of the other teams. Even NE is talking about us being the only threat to HFA and the trash talking has given way to legitimate concern (at least until 11/29). Colts fans are having serious palpatations about this weekend's game and even though I am confident without being cocky, I don't take anything for granted.

I follow the Canberra Raiders in the NRL and we haven't been a factor for about 20 years. We are improving but still a fair way from being contenders.

It's such a rewarding feeling following this team, being contenders, earning respect around the league and having a guy like Elway calling the shots off the field and Manning and co giving me a level of confidence I haven't had since 97-98. Even seeing the team in the SBXXXII jerseys and the way we dominated GB, it raised my confidence level that we can beat NE. I hadn't had that feeling at all this year even though we were winning.

I guess I was a doubting Thomas this year. No more.

[URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    We are still undefeated and have Vernon Davis joining the team.

I've been reading other rivals forums to see what they think of us and the one recurring theme is...

RESPECT!

Teams fear us and even though Manning has been struggling, the D is scaring the hell out of the other teams. Even NE is talking about us being the only threat to HFA and the trash talking has given way to legitimate concern (at least until 11/29). Colts fans are having serious palpatations about this weekend's game and even though I am confident without being cocky, I don't take anything for granted.

I follow the Canberra Raiders in the NRL and we haven't been a factor for about 20 years. We are improving but still a fair way from being contenders.

It's such a rewarding feeling following this team, being contenders, earning respect around the league and having a guy like Elway calling the shots off the field and Manning and co giving me a level of confidence I haven't had since 97-98. Even seeing the team in the SBXXXII jerseys and the way we dominated GB, it raised my confidence level that we can beat NE. I hadn't had that feeling at all this year even though we were winning.

I guess I was a doubting Thomas this year. No more.

Not meaning to take this thread off topic, but I'm a diehard fan of the Melbourne Storm. Nice to have another NRL bloke here.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerbacker View Post
    On man you had to bring up the 97 Superbowl. That one hurt but Denver deserved the win.
    I would LOVE to see us BOTH in the SuperBowl this year!

Quote Originally Posted by johntbronco View Post
    I would LOVE to see us BOTH in the SuperBowl this year!
    I think all Denver fans do because I think a lot of Denver fans have respect for GB. I have been praying for another DEN/GB Super Bowl just to have that late 90s nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Another thing about this -- how many times have we seen a team get beaten in the regular season only to win in the postseason. IT happens almost every year, most recently last season to Denver when they lost to the Colts. If both teams are in the SB, I might expect a different outcome. Although I hope not.
    The Packers need to go out and get some targets for Rogers to throw to if a SB is in their future this year. Arizona is looking great this year and there are a few other teams who I expect to get better later in the season in the NFC. The Packers will need to make some major corrections if they are to make it out of the 1st round.

Just gotta love the enthusiasm if this guy! He's playing right now like he is 5 years younger..
    It's all good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I truly undervalued Ware last season. Just goes to show how bringing in the right coach can change things. He looked like he was close to the end as well last year. But under Wade's system, he's been impressively rejuvenated. He's totally back to AP form. I wouldn't be surprised if he's DPLOY and should definitely be an MVP candidate. After the speech he gave to the locker room after the Browns game, and to see how the whole team responded to that message, just a testament to how powerful a leader he truly is. I'm glad Jerry Jones the GM is a terrible GM and Elway is such a great one!
    The right coach indeed but we cannot ignore the depth we have that allows us to sub players in to spell guys like Ware while not losing much in the way of play making.

Love the guy's attitude and energy. Definitely a leader on defense. I follow him on IG and there's always Cowboys fans commenting about how much they miss him and still love him. I could see why.

the way the coaches are rotating in players to keep them fresh is nothing short of friggin spectacular when they take out the starters you dont even notice a drop off in production a statement to the depth of this defense damn it i love D Ware guy is such a positive piece to this team who says we dont have a leader for this team just cause D Ware isnt a loud mouth nor kill people doesnt mean hes not a damn good leader