Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    A's across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Was winning the 2013 AFC Championship game against the Patriots in dominating fashion not rising up to win a big game? Was Manning setting a record for completion % and yards against a Belichick defense not rising up to the occasion?

Why is the memory of such things so short? Especially when it comes to Manning... People act like his losses are the only big games he's ever played.
    I know people tend to forget that game but I don't really believe we dominated them and felt we narrowly scooted by and from a really honest standpoint, with luck. I remember both teams had notable injuries but it was just an ugly game.

Green seems to have really good hands, he looks slow, but he ran a faster 40 then Thomas, maybe he has deceptive speed, but I agree he needs to be used more and let's not forget about Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by th3RUNT View Post
    i give Von an A++++++ for not having a serious leg injury...i was sweating bullets when i saw him grabbing at what looked like his knee
    Right? I was so nervous when he went down. It looks like it was just a cramp.

A+ to our guys in the secondary. Talib, Harris Jr, Ward, Roby all played exceptionally well.

A- to our D-line. They did a good job corralling Rogers all night limiting his ability scramble. They came real close to some sacks in the first, but made up for it in the second half.

A to the LBs. absolutely flew around the field making plays and sticking to their gap assignments, mostly bottling up Lacy and Starks.

O Line A-. They kept Peyton upright and aside from one or two QB hits, mostly untouched. They did allow GB to make some good stops by over powering them when we ran it.

WRs A. They caught their balls thrown their way and made some great runs after catch.

B+ to the RBs. They made some great plays and had their best game of the season so far. but were often bottled up for no gain or loss.

B+/A- to Peyton. He made some great throws tonight and played absolutely spectacularly. (How about that bootleg throw in the first?) He had another batted down pass and the Int. Maybe if he had a TD or more he would've been higher, but still played great enough to crush a top-3 team in the league.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

A+ to DT. Dude was dominant, and didn't drop a single pass.

Can You Feel the Love For This Organization?

What an unbelievable showing on behalf of the Broncos Alumni. Not only did they have the 97 championship team on hand, but so many Ring of Famers present, Dan Reeves, Mike Shanahan plus who knows how many other former players/staff. Guys taking a leave of absence from their TV jobs come back and celebrate. It looked like everyone was generally thrilled to be there and to pay tribute to Mr B and watch the team kick some butt! Not an ounce of bad blood, and everyone getting along. I sure am glad I'm a fan of this team.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

That was a great way to pay tribute to Mr. B.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Pack Mules View Post
    Green seems to have really good hands, he looks slow, but he ran a faster 40 then Thomas, maybe he has deceptive speed, but I agree he needs to be used more and let's not forget about Fowler
    He looks slow to you? I'm baffled by that. Looks pretty fast for a 250 lb dude to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gorky View Post
    I have to 100% agree with this.

It can help make our offense scary again.
    Totally agree! I was really hoping we'd start getting him more involved in the passing game. Loving watch this offense starting to figure things out as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by th3RUNT View Post
    i give Von an A++++++ for not having a serious leg injury...i was sweating bullets when i saw him grabbing at what looked like his knee
    Oh man, I was starting to feel sick on that commercial break after seeing him hold his leg. So glad he turned out alright.

I'll just echo what you guys are saying.

Offense: A

Defense: A+

Man was it good to see last year's CJ show his face again. Seems like that toe injury really was bothering him. Now give us some consistency!

We miss the Barrel Man for obvious reasons, but it is a great organization, and they have their home in a great city with one of NFL's best fan bases

BRONCOS OFFENSE
    QB-Peyton Manning- A- guy was on fire. this was a statement game for him with all of the talk of him being too old and washed up. he entered this game and fired away and was efficient. thats the key word for PFM no longer will we see 4
    +td and 450 yards each game. all he needs to do is what he did tongight be efficient. hit short deep and screens to keep the defense off balance.

RBs-Ronnie Hillman- this freaking guy! we all (including myslef) wanted him cut! but here he is slashing defenses for decent or long gains. so far hes shown that hes the (i use this loosely) lesean mccoy of our offense. That fast speedy back that makes plays when the first player misses the first tackle.
    Cj Anderson-B+- he definitely fell below all of our expectations so far this season whether it was injuries or lack of confidence he really struggled BUT this game was vintage CJ appeared and showed us why he was a bowling ball last year.

TEs_ B+- both green and daniels were efficient tonight. were the flashy? no. did they score 2+ TDs? no but did they consistently get those easy 10+ first downs and take easy 6+ yard passes more than they were intended for? YES the TE position finally showed up and helped PFM make use of the boot legs

WR- A- DfreakingT where the hell has this guy been? he didnt have a TD but he had some clutch passes ALL game and he had some passes that were put where only he could get them and did he go and get them! Sanders didnt have as big as a game as DT but he contributed to the win. caldwell and fowler did their fair share of contribution to the win and i expect them to continue.

Offensive line-B+- if there was a time to show up and block this was the game. were they perfect? NO garcia had a rough game in particular. BUT as a whole with mathis in they kept the "1st ranked" defense at bay and PFM clean enough to go home to his wife and just crawl into bed with her without her noticing his grass stains. Overall the whole o line played solid

BRONCOS DEFENSE

Defensive line-A- i mean did they get a ton of sacks? no. but they kept rodgers in check. they allowed him to scramble for some yards but id rather him scramble for some measly yards than throw for 40+ yards. Antonio Smith showed up HUGE and put pressure on 12. Jackson also said NOT in my HOUSE!!!

LineBackers-A- these guys what can any of us say? they have been GREEATT so far! covering TEs and even WRs. yet time and time again they come through! they played the pass good and the run even better shutting down starks and lacy minus the one run Td(aided by the refs) oh right D ware and Miler they're like the D line/Lb guys they played what we expected from them! you would be a stupid O coordinator to let V miller run loose so you take your chance with Dware cause hes older yet he comes through and makes huge plays. Sack barret and anuike have been solid. god speed SHANE 90s ROCK RAY

Secondary A++++++++- lets start with the NO FLY ZONE talib,harris and roby have been whats a word better than spectacular freaking awesome for less than a better word. they kept james jones in check and force rodgers to move around and not find anything resulting in either a forced throw or sack. ward and stewart were quiet tonight which is HUGE because the less you hear about them the better!

Special teams-B- they didnt do anything spectacular other than their job which was to make FGS and field the punts.

OVERALL the team won together there wasnt a need for one side to step up it was a team win against a great team!
    Last edited by captainbronco; 11-02-2015 at 12:54 AM.

It was great. Before we introduced our current offense we introduced the 97 team. Everyone ran out of the tunnel. It was amazing

The serendipitous nature of sports...

...that Manning is going to have a chance to break the all-time wins record, AGAINST Indianapolis AT Indianapolis.

I mean, no one would have honestly and unbiasedly predicted the Broncos being 7-0 with how tough their schedule looked initially. So for this to be happening is pretty neat, I think.