Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tony Dungy on Broncos Loss...

So I ultimately decided to watch SNF (Eagles @ Cowboys) to distract my thoughts from the Bronco game. During halftime, Tony Dungy was asked about Peyton and the Broncos loss today. Tony addressed two issues. First, he is concerned about the Bronco O-line and their inability to create holes for our running game. Second, he is very concerned about all of Peyton's picks and stated that if Peyton continues to throw interceptions like he has, the Broncos will not continue winning.

I am simply reporting on what Dungy had to say, don't shoot the messenger here!
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 11-09-2015 at 02:39 AM.

People are afraid of the truth, turnovers lose games. And Manning has 12 of them in 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
    So I ultimately decided to watch SNF (Eagles @ Cowboys) to distract my thoughts from the Bronco game. During halftime, Tony Dungy was asked about Peyton and the Broncos loss today. Tony addressed two issues. First, he is concerned about the Bronco O-line and their inability to create holes for our running game. Second, he is very concerned about all of Peyton's picks and stated that if Peyton continues to throw interceptions like he has, the Broncos will not continue winning.

Dungy speaking on the obvious. Manning is no longer PFM. He is now the equivalent of Kyle Orton without the gun for an arm. The offense did not show any commitment to running until the 3rd quarter and they had some success. The colts then loaded the box, and when we needed Manning to play like he use to he failed.
    Facts are on the field, Manning is done and can't be counted on if the team falls behind. This is the Broncos "critical" moment. Let's just hope they figure stuff out before the season goes sour.

Quote Originally Posted by DavisMVP View Post
    People are afraid of the truth, turnovers lose games. And Manning has 12 of them in 8 games.
    Actually.. 13

Duh!......

Our defense actually played bad as well. TY Hilton wasn't covered all night and Gore was running all over us. It was a bad night for everyone.

I kind of had a funny feeling that this was going to happen after a monster big win at home. After last weeks game Chris Harris was interviewed and he gloated like there was no tomorrow, talking superbowl and everthing. It probably isn't the worst thing that we lost this game. It sucks that it is an interconference matchup but at least it takes the pressure off the whole unbeaten record and it humbles the defense at the same time.

Well, that's not hard to imagine. No run game, crappy or inconsistent Oline, constant INTs = losing.

Both Harris and Talib were talking a lot after the Packers game. Now maybe they will be more focused.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Our defense actually played bad as well. TY Hilton wasn't covered all night and Gore was running all over us. It was a bad night for everyone.
    Gore didn't run all over us. He had 28 carries for a measley 83 yards. 3.0 per carry. That's not running all over us. He started ok but then died down.

What the defense was horrid at was tackling luck in space on third down. They didn't have to sack him. But 1 tackle 5 yards downfield would've ended at least 1 scoring drive if not more.

I think it was a good loss. After beating down a really good GB team our guys thought they were tops in the league. They showed they are not close to NE and Cincy, and probably not Car either. Time to regroup and refocus!
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.

If we hope to beat NE or Cincy, we have to run the ball way better. If we can't run the ball with how Manning has been playing, it's going to be a long day.

So basically he sounds like most of us Broncos fans....Manning's turnovers are a problem....The diehard Manning fans are having a hardtime seeing it, but if it keeps up, we are going to drop a few key games coming up. In fact, I'm not entirely sure we beat KC next week at this rate.

Between Peyton and the o-line, we got exposed this week...

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Gore didn't run all over us. He had 28 carries for a measley 83 yards. 3.0 per carry. That's not running all over us. He started ok but then died down.

What the defense was horrid at was tackling luck in space on third down. They didn't have to sack him. But 1 tackle 5 yards downfield would've ended at least 1 scoring drive if not more.
    We needed to quit blitzing...Drop people back in coverage and let the line do it's job. We didn't do anything to adjust to the fact that they were negating our ability to get pressure...If we had sent people back in coverage we could have at least gotten a coverage sack or two, but blitzing for the sake of blitzing every down is what did us in last night.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

But a lot of his runs got 8 or 9 yards on 1st down. That hurt our ability to pass rush on 2nd and 3rd downs. Add to that when we did get pressure Luck would scramble for a 1st down. We needed a qb spy and didn't have one.

IMO our D played worse than our O. That can't happen with how lack luster the O has been, minus 1 game.