Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    OK, so exactly when did Peyton injure his foot? Some are saying that he got hurt at Duke in the offseason. Is that an actual report? Can someone provide a news link for that?

If he hurt himself at Duke, that would explain some things that have and haven't happened since.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Then enlighten us oh wise one as to what is so wrong about it instead of just brushing it off as false while attacking the poster without offering any substance what so ever.

Because in my mind, the one who has to resort to personal attacks rather than intelligent response, he's the one struggling to find something knowledgeable to say.

It'll be too complex for dolts like us to understand. This is the latest defense. Everyone is stupid but not those who truly understand/believe in PM.

This excuse will last forever, it's timeless. We can only hope that PM does play another year, on a different team, getting to use his magic recipe. He'll still suck but most of these guys won't be here fess up to it. They will have assimilated to the next team.
    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Brock is going to have to go 3-0 for the broncos to not ever use Manning again this season. Essentially Kubiak has already said "Manning is our quarterback" and unless Osweiler exceeds expectations they will probably bring Manning back for the stretch run. The tear is only partial and the cast will help it reattach and then followed by therapy. Bringing in another q-back is interesting but maybe they think they need a #3 and with our o-line, that would be a smart thing to do because injury is a possibility.
    Kubiak said PM could run his offense. It didn't come true. You better believe Kubiak, with every ounce of his being, wants Brock to succeed. He wants this PM door closed and if it was any other QB besides PM he would have already closed the door.
    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Then enlighten us oh wise one as to what is so wrong about it instead of just brushing it off as false while attacking the poster without offering any substance what so ever.

Because in my mind, the one who has to resort to personal attacks rather than intelligent response, he's the one struggling to find something knowledgeable to say.
    Rut roe, the truth being dropped. You're wasting your time though. He seemed to accept it in the beginning but his fighting side came back quick. They're rallying the troops around here.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    OK, so exactly when did Peyton injure his foot? Some are saying that he got hurt at Duke in the offseason. Is that an actual report? Can someone provide a news link for that?

If he hurt himself at Duke, that would explain some things that have and haven't happened since.
    That's the first I have heard of that? We have you read or heard anyone say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    That's the first I have heard of that? We have you read or heard anyone say that?
    It was on this or another thread. I'll see if I can find it.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    Not sure if you were directing that at me, but I think it's pretty undeniable that the offense that Manning was trying to run this year was not the offense that Manning has been running his entire career. I'm also not emotional about this at all, and absolutely agree that Manning has lost a lot of physical ability. I think it's pretty ignorant however to state that Manning's struggles are purely because of decreased physical ability.

There's a zone blocking scheme in which some (more agile) offensive lineman excel and others don't, why is it so hard to admit that a non-mobile quarterback does not excel in Kubiak's scheme?

Not making excuses for the guy, I don't think he should be playing quarterback anymore (especially for us), but I also don't think his horrible performance this year is all on him. But you are right on one thing, the name on the back of the jersey is the only reason he's been given the opportunity to suck as much as he has been sucking.
    and yet manning has taken 298 snaps from shotgun, another 250+ from pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Actually Kubes said it before the Bears game IIRC. And then said that it was reinjured during the IND game because of their turf.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

For a third string QB that won't see the field? Maybe....He's just going to be there for insurance, he won't be fighting to start.
    He does pass the eye test holding a clipboard...though I rather see Sam there holding the clipboard...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Actually Kubes said it before the Bears game IIRC. And then said that it was reinjured during the IND game because of their turf.
    Thanks. I must have missed that.

Though this does not even begin to address is the poor decision making he's had repeatedly on the field it does make you wonder about his play if indeed the injuries are related and have had more of a negative affect on throws he usually expects to make.

If you can't step adequately it will hurt your throwing motion, even without a neck injury that has caused nerve damage. Clearly Manning has been off in his play and the injury factors in as does the different offense. If he can't call the play at the line of scrimmage but must stand in a huddle and go with the play called it takes away his greatest strength, which is his brain. Kubiak's offense is good though for someone who doesn't have Manning's mind and just needs to go with the play called.

play nice in the sandbox or i let the cat use it as a litter-box and no one will want to play there anymore.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Some stats to miss about Manning:

Entering 2015, Manning had led 51 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime (most of all-time, and added two more this year despite poor play), while Brady had 37 game-winning drives (fifth all-time). A long-time defensive coordinator was asked how much time Manning, in his prime, would need to beat you with a timeout in hand. The answer: "45 seconds, from anywhere on the field.'' Even Brady's own coach, Bill Belichick, feared Manning's late-game work enough in a 2009 game that Belichick elected to go for a fourth-and-2, with a six-point lead and just more than two minutes to go in the game. The Patriots didn't convert and Manning led the Colts to the game-winning touchdown four plays later.

*sigh*

Simply the best QB to lead a team at the end of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Some stats to miss about Manning:

Entering 2015, Manning had led 51 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime (most of all-time, and added two more this year despite poor play), while Brady had 37 game-winning drives (fifth all-time). A long-time defensive coordinator was asked how much time Manning, in his prime, would need to beat you with a timeout in hand. The answer: "45 seconds, from anywhere on the field.'' Even Brady's own coach, Bill Belichick, feared Manning's late-game work enough in a 2009 game that Belichick elected to go for a fourth-and-2, with a six-point lead and just more than two minutes to go in the game. The Patriots didn't convert and Manning led the Colts to the game-winning touchdown four plays later.

*sigh*

Simply the best QB to lead a team at the end of a game.
    He's definitely done a lot of fantastic things over his career

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and yet manning has taken 298 snaps from shotgun, another 250+ from pistol
    Being in the shotgun/center is not what separates these two offenses. That is what made it look like a useful compromise to some..