Page 5 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    I'm really starting to consider the rumors about the refs holding stock in the fantasy leagues as silly as it sounds they may be on to something .
    I used to think it was silly and a little nutty to believe the conspiracy theories about the refs but, I'm starting to change my mind.
    There have been way too many very questionable calls and at the most strategic times to help swing games.
    The refs DID hand that game to the Raiders today.. The Raiders had gone 4 and out, it was pretty much game over... The Titans could just run the clock out pretty much. But oh no here come the refs and a holding call that even the announcers were like "I didn't see that at all" and boom the Raiders get four more downs and of course they score the game winning TD.

I know I sound particularly pessimistic today but, I am fully expecting a lot of bad calls to go the Pats way tonight.

Going to the game soon. Thank you for the surprise Miss Sleeslee!!!!

Worried about fantasy??? Lol what about outright betting??

No doubt in my mind it does go on...how often is very debatable but I've seen way too many CRITICAL ghost calls that aid in covering or not covering spreads way too often....plays that won't even matter in the game but then a phantom flag comes in that will give that team pts that will either cover or uncover the spread

And when there's nothing there...why make a call like that? So yeah

I absolutely, especially being in the business myself, am almost positive it happens...idk to what extent tho....sometimes I feel it goes on more than you'd think.

Danny Amendola and Jamie Collins are out, on top of their other injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24 View Post
    I'm really starting to consider the rumors about the refs holding stock in the fantasy leagues as silly as it sounds they may be on to something .
    Actual betting would be far more profitable, far easier to influence, and thus far more likely to be their vice. I would be surprised if there weren't many refs actively betting and slightly influencing games one way or the other based on their own personal goals.

We are doing awesome Florida is being good to us. Life is good

Yes, sleep is a good idea! I've thought about taking a nap myself, and the game starts at 8:30 pm here!

Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

I admit that I am scared and nervous. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!! We WILL win this game with Brock that will give him a new name and status in the NFL.. It's do or die time.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Quote Originally Posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    We are doing awesome Florida is being good to us. Life is good

Yes, sleep is a good idea! I've thought about taking a nap myself, and the game starts at 8:30 pm here!
    Hey!! Hope all is well!

Go Broncos
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Actual betting would be far more profitable, far easier to influence, and thus far more likely to be their vice. I would be surprised if there weren't many refs actively betting and slightly influencing games one way or the other based on their own personal goals.
    Personally, I think its ineptitude. There is no consistency. The rules are too complicated. What's a catch, whats not a catch? Defensive holding? Defenseless player? There is too much grey area, and its not the refs full time job to study tape and previous assignments and rule changes to get it right.

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry. These refs need to be hired full time, with a constant goal reffing games fairly and consistently getting it right. Godell is SO worried about the NFL's reputation...he needs to worry less about a message on a shoe and get the game right.
    Last edited by BroncFanIN; 11-29-2015 at 03:05 PM.

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Good post,Sam

I told my hubby today, had Manning been healthy, the weather forecast in Denver tonight (and Mannings record in the cold), would have been extensively talked about, and would have planted a good seed of doubt in fans mind about Mannings ability to win in cold weather, regardless of the injury situation with NE.

Manning and Brady have played each other 16 times ( this was to be the 17th), with Manning coming away the loser, more often than not. 5-11 record. Tell me that record (and the cold) wouldn't be messing with Mannings head? Like Manning vs. the Colts, and his record with them. I think that stuff gets into your head after a while.

Osweiler doesnt have those things around his neck. Sure, he knows the history, but he didnt live it. And not having the cold weather record, the 5-11 record vs Brady; heck, even the Foxboro "Pats can't be beat there" mindset...its freeing.

The slate has been wiped clean. The history about this game hasn't been written. It's never been played before.

Will tendencies come into play? Sure. But I think both sides will have some wrinkles tonight. It gives me hope Denver can pull this out. This defense is just nasty.
    Thought the same thing. With Oz, cold weather and wind is almost a good thing. He puts so much heat on his balls that they will just slice through the wind.

Hopefully, Oz can connect on a few deep passes tonight as I think they will chuck a few. His arm strength is fun to watch!

Collins out sucks for the Pats. Still not convinced how Edelman is in the NFL lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    Thought the same thing. With Oz, cold weather and wind is almost a good thing. He puts so much heat on his balls that they will just slice through the wind.

Hopefully, Oz can connect on a few deep passes tonight as I think they will chuck a few. His arm strength is fun to watch!
    Yes it is That TD pass to Latimer was a thing of beauty. I do think they will try the long ball tonight. They are thin in the secondary. I also expect to see some 3 TE sets as well. The TE position will be heavily involved again.

-Sean Payton

Yes it is That TD pass to Latimer was a thing of beauty. I do think they will try the long ball tonight. They are thin in the secondary. I also expect to see some 3 TE sets as well. The TE position will be heavily involved again.
    I hope so, make NE defend every part of the field tonight.

GO Broncos!!!

Hate prime time games, means doesn't kick off until 1.30am here in UK and have work in the morning. Think it will be bed soon as Arz game finished as have bet on then real early morning to see the end.