Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,495

    Heisman = Joke!!

    McCaffrey deserved that award and everyone knows it!

    GRRRRRRR

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    About 150 voters cast their ballots before the conference championships even happened. McCaffrey got robbed no doubt, but he is hurt by playing games that start at 10 or 11 east coast time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,495
    It's all about keeping it in the SEC I guess. Alabama money came into play no doubt.

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    7,307
    .



    Christian is just a sophomore at Stanford.
    Let's just pray that he continues to stay healthy.

    Lots of other players were overlooked.
    Reynolds at Navy for one.

    Heisman=East Coast Bias
    We out west are used to it.

    Besides, for the most part, the Heisman Trophy is a jinx anyway !!!
    Don'tworryaboutit

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    The only thing that is a joke is this thread.

    There is no east coast bias. Mariotta just won it last year. Are y'all really that forgetful?

    What about RG3?

    Also Winston was not SEC even though he was east coast.

    But y'all need to give it a rest. I despise Bama but the right player won.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The only thing that is a joke is this thread.

    There is no east coast bias. Mariotta just won it last year. Are y'all really that forgetful?

    What about RG3?

    Also Winston was not SEC even though he was east coast.

    But y'all need to give it a rest. I despise Bama but the right player won.
    Lol no he didn't. Bama churns out 1,000 yards rushers like its nothing. It has nothing to do with the RB talent, it has to do with that O-Line they have. Always has been always will. McCaffrey broke the all purpose yard record by Barry Sanders. He had 100 less rushing yards on 20 less carries. Give christian those 20 more carries and they''d be even. But oh wait now we have the receiving and return game. Where Henry did absolutely nothing and McCaffrey was one of the top in the nation. You take McCaffrey off Stanford, they are your average bowl team. Take Henry off Bama and they are still in the playoff. The "right" player didn't win.

    If you don't think there is an east coat bias you clearly are from the east because that is always alive and well across all sports.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,351
    Heisman is suppose to go to the best player in college football. Best player number 1 is McCaffery. Best player number 2 is Keenan Reynolds....neither won the around because of SEC bias and because its Bama, Saban's player.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    55
    I've lost a lot of respect for the Heisman and post season rewards after Christian McCaffrey was snubbed in the Heisman and Maxwell awards. Henry had a good season, but no one has done what McCaffrey has done this year. People like to discount his return yards, and say Henry was a workhorse Alabama relied on. I would argue that McCaffrey was more of a workhouse. He had 20 less carries than Henry, but he had 500 more receiving yards and another 1,000 plus yards returning. That's no small feat, that's a big workload and takes a lot of stamina to do that all season long and not get burned out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Lol no he didn't. Bama churns out 1,000 yards rushers like its nothing. It has nothing to do with the RB talent, it has to do with that O-Line they have. Always has been always will. McCaffrey broke the all purpose yard record by Barry Sanders. He had 100 less rushing yards on 20 less carries. Give christian those 20 more carries and they''d be even. But oh wait now we have the receiving and return game. Where Henry did absolutely nothing and McCaffrey was one of the top in the nation. You take McCaffrey off Stanford, they are your average bowl team. Take Henry off Bama and they are still in the playoff. The "right" player didn't win.

    If you don't think there is an east coat bias you clearly are from the east because that is always alive and well across all sports.
    The problem with your argument is you think yards are the only thing that matters.

    Henry had 10 more touchdowns than Mcaffrey. That's why he is the clear unbiased heisman.

    To argue otherwise is clearly silly. And you are clearly from the west coast since you are arguing against Henry. Goes both ways.

    Also the argument take Mcaffrey off and Stanford is barely a bowl team is laughable. I guess Mcaffrey is responsible for the past 5 seasons of Stanford success? They were barely a bowl team before he got there? That's not only wrong but disrespectful to Stanford.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The problem with your argument is you think yards are the only thing that matters.

    Henry had 10 more touchdowns than Mcaffrey. That's why he is the clear unbiased heisman.

    To argue otherwise is clearly silly. And you are clearly from the west coast since you are arguing against Henry. Goes both ways.

    Also the argument take Mcaffrey off and Stanford is barely a bowl team is laughable. I guess Mcaffrey is responsible for the past 5 seasons of Stanford success? They were barely a bowl team before he got there? That's not only wrong but disrespectful to Stanford.
    If TDs are what matter the most than the guy who accounted for 41 TDs on the undefeated #1 team in the country should have won. Henry is a nice player but Alabama churns out these types of runners every year.

    Have you watched Stanford? They lost to Northwestern when they barely used McCaffrey. But the second they started making him the feature of their offense is they point the started mowing down team. THIS Stanford team is an average bowl team without McCaffrey.

    The Heisman is about the best ALL AROUND PLAYER. McCaffrey dominated in the running game, passing game, and return game. I say again, take Henry off Bama and Bamas record wouldn't change. Take McCaffrey off stanford and they are a 7-9 win team. Heck, take Watson off Clemson and they are a 10-11 win team (but probably still win the ACC).

    The east coast/SEC bias is in full effect, and if you can't see that you're too close home. The rest of the nation sees it, open your eyes.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    Henry also led the country in yards after contact which would indicate Mcaffrey benefits from blocking more than Henry.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    If TDs are what matter the most than the guy who accounted for 41 TDs on the undefeated #1 team in the country should have won. Henry is a nice player but Alabama churns out these types of runners every year.

    Have you watched Stanford? They lost to Northwestern when they barely used McCaffrey. But the second they started making him the feature of their offense is they point the started mowing down team. THIS Stanford team is an average bowl team without McCaffrey.

    The Heisman is about the best ALL AROUND PLAYER. McCaffrey dominated in the running game, passing game, and return game. I say again, take Henry off Bama and Bamas record wouldn't change. Take McCaffrey off stanford and they are a 7-9 win team. Heck, take Watson off Clemson and they are a 10-11 win team (but probably still win the ACC).

    The east coast/SEC bias is in full effect, and if you can't see that you're too close home. The rest of the nation sees it, open your eyes.
    I'm not arguing deshaun Watson is the true heisman. But you weren't arguing that.

    That would still be east coast though which contradicts what you claim.

    Also if their is such a bias then why is that only Bamas second heisman in school history.

    And no the rest of the country doesn't see it. Just you bitter west coasters that think you should win it every year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    All time heisman winners by conference.

    Big 10- 19
    SEC- 13
    PAC 12-11
    Big 12-10

    Any perceived notions of bias is just myth.

    PAC-12 might could claim eat coast but not really considering that breaking down by conference they are up there with the rest.

    But definitely no sec bias.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,752
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm not arguing deshaun Watson is the true heisman. But you weren't arguing that.

    That would still be east coast though which contradicts what you claim.

    Also if their is such a bias then why is that only Bamas second heisman in school history.

    And no the rest of the country doesn't see it. Just you bitter west coasters that think you should win it every year.
    Win every year? Please. And where have I ever said McCaffrey lost solely because of East Coast Bias. Did I say it exsisted? Yep sure have. Do you even know what east coast bias actually entails? Part of that is some of the east coast voters didn't even see him play. When McCaffrey starts playing at 10 or 11 EST they aren't staying up to to watch him. McCaffrey didn't get a fair shake. 154 voters cast their ballots before the conference championship games were played. Where McCaffrey had 454 all purpose yards. That is a joke.

    The fact that this was the closest vote in years with some voters not even watching the guy is ridiculous. Pointing to McCaffrey should have won.

    The problem is people out east and in SEC don't even understand what east coast bias is. So don't say we are irritated about nothing when you don't even know what it is.

    https://twitter.com/si_peterking/sta...58681574169845

    https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...63760662237184

    https://twitter.com/peterburnsespn/s...66972102463488

    This perfectly sums up the situation:

    https://twitter.com/si_peterking/sta...75343501279235

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Win every year? Please. And where have I ever said McCaffrey lost solely because of East Coast Bias. Did I say it exsisted? Yep sure have. Do you even know what east coast bias actually entails? Part of that is some of the east coast voters didn't even see him play. When McCaffrey starts playing at 10 or 11 EST they aren't staying up to to watch him. McCaffrey didn't get a fair shake. 154 voters cast their ballots before the conference championship games were played. Where McCaffrey had 454 all purpose yards. That is a joke.

    The fact that this was the closest vote in years with some voters not even watching the guy is ridiculous. Pointing to McCaffrey should have won.

    The problem is people out east and in SEC don't even understand what east coast bias is. So don't say we are irritated about nothing when you don't even know what it is.

    https://twitter.com/si_peterking/sta...58681574169845

    https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...63760662237184

    https://twitter.com/peterburnsespn/s...66972102463488

    This perfectly sums up the situation:

    https://twitter.com/si_peterking/sta...75343501279235
    Jump to conclusions much? Who said I don't know what the myth is?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •