Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geno Atkins

Geno Atkins

I know the guy suffers from Sickle Cell trait.Does that mean he wont play this week in Denver or will he be limited???.Will be a big out.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...-denver-122215

Sounds like it's a concern, but there isn't anything announced at this point as to if he'll play or not.

This is really sad. I hope that he plays and I hope it does not affect him. But this is a life threatening issue and I would not think any less of him for choosing his family's interest over this game.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    I know the guy suffers from Sickle Cell trait.Does that mean he wont play this week in Denver or will he be limited???.Will be a big out.
    Atkins played in limited snaps the last time we played you guys in Denver. I expect more of the same Monday, but there hasn't been any confirmation of his status one way or the other yet.
    HEAR ME ROAR!

Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

It's a shame we won't be getting the Bengals at full strength, same as our Broncos won't be at full strength. I looked at this game on the schedule in August and knew that it would be a playoff-impacting game at this point in the season, and could possibly be one of the best games of the season for both teams. Hoping for a Broncos W, but hate seeing a game swing one direction or another due to injuries and other non-starts for key players.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Geno only plays 75% of the snaps as it is now. So I am sure he will play the same amount, They rotate that line pretty deep.

Geno Atkins cleared despite sickle cell trait http://cin.ci/1YEHQiU
    Last edited by FloridaBengal; 12-24-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBengal View Post
    Geno only plays 75% of the snaps as it is now. So I am sure he will play the same amount, They rotate that line pretty deep.
    Yes that line is pretty deep. Dunlap, Johnson, Pecko, Atkins, Gilberry. Dunlap is always causing havoc on opposing QB's, could spell trouble for our troubled Oline.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

You guys always find a way. Will be a nip and tuck game. Qb who makes the most mistakes loses. Classic AFCN game. Punt returns will be huge. Hopefully we will have Pacman back there... He always flips the field it seems.

Geno Atkins cleared despite sickle cell trait http://cin.ci/1YEHQiU
    I personally wouldn't play him near that, not worth the chance for him or the team
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I personally wouldn't play him near that, not worth the chance for him or the team
    I agree, I remember the Ryan Clark ordeal.
    Dread it.Run from it.

You guys always find a way. Will be a nip and tuck game. Qb who makes the most mistakes loses. Classic AFCN game. Punt returns will be huge. Hopefully we will have Pacman back there... He always flips the field it seems.
    I watch the Bengals weekly, I live here in Ohio. Have a ton of friends that are Bengals fans. I thought this year might be your year, got to get healthy quick though, definitely gonna need Dalton, and Eifert. Wish both teams were healthy going in to this one. Here's to good game, a injury free game.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Agreed.... Hope we can get this bye to ensure we get Dalton back. And hopefully both teams don't endure anymore injuries than already.

Good luck guys beyond this week. As for this week Who Dey

Agreed.... Hope we can get this bye to ensure we get Dalton back. And hopefully both teams don't endure anymore injuries than already.

Good luck guys beyond this week. As for this week Who Dey
    Absolutely, I wish you guys luck with the #3 seed and Pittsburgh in the wild card round, haha.
    Dread it.Run from it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Absolutely, I wish you guys luck with the #3 seed and Pittsburgh in the wild card round, haha.
    Playing Pittsburgh is not a big deal. I just want to play them with Andy back. But we could beat them with AJM if we also had back Pacman.... That's the key. We seem to be the one team that can keep Brown in relative check.

There is no one in the AFC that really concerns me.

Playing Pittsburgh is not a big deal. I just want to play them with Andy back. But we could beat them with AJM if we also had back Pacman.... That's the key. We seem to be the one team that can keep Brown in relative check.

There is no one in the AFC that really concerns me.
    I don't know man, The Texans may make it in and they have Yates
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien