Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    That Manning is gone, has been since his body couldn't take the rigors. His Dad said he's been fighting the foot for 5 months. He can't stay healthy, that's just age.
    His dad said 8 months. I believe. I would say if he had not of had the neck surgery and still played top notch in his offense then I would say yeah ,,but givng the fact that last year Elway decided med season to change the offense to run Peyton still finished #3 ,, and put up 434 points through the first 14 games. It was a mix of his offense and the run game.. Now its Kubiak run,run run run.. and takng his play calling away..which no one disagrees that Kubiak s a bad play caller and throw in the fact that the O line has been dropping balls ALL year..Peyton is far from done. In Denver if that's their wish but the NFL has not seen the last of Peyton.. Indy is learning a hard lesson thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrick44 View Post
    Because the defense bailed us out. I have that break down too. just need to ask and I post it
    Oh so they are not bailing out Brock? I see. Then I guess its too bad that the defense didn't score last week against the Steelers when Brock had the chance to tie it up. But that's the 2nd quarter and well..lol

If Osweiler even lasts the next game, we maybe win, but he can't do the zero points scored in the second half and expect to beat Cincy even at home. He might have to finish the season, but to me he is just another Griese - good enough to play, but not good enough to be a great player and get his team over the hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Understood ..but if your being honest they were not there last year either..as I said I am so confident in what I am saying that if we took Brock and Peyton both guys and put them in the Peyton offense and out of the Kubiak mess then this wouldn't be an issue ..Peyton could have played won 8 of those 9 games and Brock comes in to rest Peyton and won 4 of those 5 games and we would be excited about a bye week instead of worrying about just making the playoffs.
    I like Brock hes a good kid but sadly the Kubiak offense is prohibiting him as well. Freyaka I promise you I saw this in Texas for 8 years. It doesn't get any better. Kubiak refuses to adjust not just to games but his style..it doesn't work in todays NFL.
    PMs offense is PM, ha. Brock was never going to be the next PM. Nobody will ever run PMs "offense". PM had a unique skill set which was impeccable timing and pinpoint accuracy, you can't just teach someone that.

Kubiaks offense has more success than PM's. It's worked on several teams in several eras. PM offense has been run by PM exclusively and is 100% reliant on PM and netted one championship and many more early playoff exits.

The Broncos aren't winning a Super Bowl this year so what's the harm in thinking about the future and giving the young guy some game time under pressure. Starting Manning and losing does nothing for next year when he gets cut. Brock is the starter and people need to deal with it.

Next year the offense will be better because they will not be playing some hybrid system for half the season just to make 1 guy happy. I think not enough is made of this. The Broncos went from one system to a hybrid and now trying to go back to what they initially wanted to run in the first place and it's caused confusion everywhere. I blame Kubiak for this for not benching Manning sooner when he saw he couldn't run the plays.
    Last edited by Narco; 12-27-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    If Osweiler even lasts the next game, we maybe win, but he can't do the zero points scored in the second half and expect to beat Cincy even at home. He might have to finish the season, but to me he is just another Griese - good enough to play, but not good enough to be a great player and get his team over the hump.
    WOW..and that's coming from somebody is not considered just a Peyton fan..I'm blushing..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    The Broncos aren't winning a Super Bowl this year so what's the harm in thinking about the future and giving the young guy some game time under pressure. Starting Manning and losing does nothing for next year when he gets cut. Brock is the starter and people need to deal with it.

Next year the offense will be better because they will not be playing some hybrid system for half the season just to make 1 guy happy. I think not enough is made of this. The Broncos went from one system to a hybrid and now trying to go back to what they initially wanted to run in the first place and it's caused confusion everywhere.
    Because Elway said SB OR BUST,,ITS WIN NOW AND FROM NOW ON.. that's the harm.

His dad said 8 months. I believe. I would say if he had not of had the neck surgery and still played top notch in his offense then I would say yeah ,,but givng the fact that last year Elway decided med season to change the offense to run Peyton still finished #3 ,, and put up 434 points through the first 14 games. It was a mix of his offense and the run game.. Now its Kubiak run,run run run.. and takng his play calling away..which no one disagrees that Kubiak s a bad play caller and throw in the fact that the O line has been dropping balls ALL year..Peyton is far from done. In Denver if that's their wish but the NFL has not seen the last of Peyton.. Indy is learning a hard lesson thinking the same thing.
    If PM comes back it will be for another team and please come back here when that ends even uglier than this year for PM. We really need him to play again to once and for all kill the excuse machine.

Understood ..but if your being honest they were not there last year either..as I said I am so confident in what I am saying that if we took Brock and Peyton both guys and put them in the Peyton offense and out of the Kubiak mess then this wouldn't be an issue ..Peyton could have played won 8 of those 9 games and Brock comes in to rest Peyton and won 4 of those 5 games and we would be excited about a bye week instead of worrying about just making the playoffs.
    I like Brock hes a good kid but sadly the Kubiak offense is prohibiting him as well. Freyaka I promise you I saw this in Texas for 8 years. It doesn't get any better. Kubiak refuses to adjust not just to games but his style..it doesn't work in todays NFL.

Um....yes they were....

This were the points scored off Manning's INT's last year.
    Seahawks 3 points
    Arizona 7 points
    New England 7 points
    Raiders 10
    Rams 6
    Bengals 7

40 points he gave to the other teams last year.

Oh so they are not bailing out Brock? I see. Then I guess its too bad that the defense didn't score last week against the Steelers when Brock had the chance to tie it up. But that's the 2nd quarter and well..lol
    So it's Brock's fault that the defense bailed Manning out, but not him...Do you realize just how dumb that sounds?

Healthy Manning is such a misleading term this season.

I would pick Os over a Manning who is slightly less inhibited by the pain of a torn plantar.

Because Elway said SB OR BUST,,ITS WIN NOW AND FROM NOW ON.. that's the harm.
    Manning ruined that by sucking this season. Obviously nobody expected his talent to erode to a point he would throw 4 INTs in a game and have a QB rating of zero. Elway and Kubiak gave him every opportunity to improve and he didn't. He got worse.

I didn't say that they are not. Defensive TD are extremely harder to come by. The fact that our defense has as many pick-6s as the do is a feat in it self. the fact that Brock has give less points to other team than manning in his first couple games this season proves that he is better suited for our offense not manning

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Wow, bold opinion except you can pretty much say that about 99% of the QBs in the NFL. Betting on a QB not to be successful is like predicting that the sun will come up every morning.

Nobody should be impressed by such a prediction but if somone is it should tell you a lot about that person.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    What has Manning done in the last year. I don't want to hear how Manning use to play cause that don't add up to doo doo for us now. How has he played now when we need him. Last year this time 4 interceptions vs Bengals. Last game 4 interceptions in 2.5 quarters with 0.0 qb rating. What has Oz done, well I'll tell you what he hasn't done, he hasn't consistently turned the ball over putting our D at a disadvantage and making them overcome obstacles all along the way. He has improved each game to the point of throwing 4 touchdowns in 1 half last game and he has sustained drives and helped us get a running game going at times while making things a bit easier on the pap. You want to ask what Oz has done in the last 5 games, I answered you. Now please answere me, what has PFM done in the first 10. I know what the D has done, what has PFM done in the first 10? not 2 yrs ago, not 5 yrs ago, not 10 yrs ago. This year in the first 10 games. I remember a comeback or 2 but from what i remember we had 2 cause of turnovers from him and I remember our D bailing him out of a few games that we shoulda lost. Please enlighten me to your pov
    You're right, PM hasn't played well this season. I can't argue that. Despite that fact, I am not convinced Osweiler is ready to take us all the way yet. Osweiler may not have turned the ball over like Manning has, but it hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows either with him at the helm. You mention consistency...I don't believe there has been much consistency at all in the second half of some of these games.

The only thing I can argue is that PM had been playing hurt and in a new offensive scheme. So what makes me think it'll be any different if PM were to return and start? Maybe it's well-wishing on my part, but I think playing with an injury has affected his play more so than age.
    [center][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center]

[center] [/center]