Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Most QBs will run more than 1 system in their career, especially if there is a change of coaching staffs. I don't know why Manning got special treatment. I feel like Manning half assed the plays because he didn't like them until Kubiak felt forced to add some of Manning plays to the playbook. No more handing the ball off from under center to make it easier on the RBs and the O-line. It's all about Manning isn't it. Throw the playbook out, the king has spoken. Forget about running. They need more passing. Records need to be broken.

I had a problem with it. I thought Tebow was held back. He was never going to be the next Manning but the play calling insured he would never get better. I feel like the Broncos ruined him actually.

They tried to make it work out of respect for Manning. That failed experiment falls on the HC.

His job isn't to make 1 player happy. It's to put his team in the best position to win a Super Bowl. Manning, it turned out, couldn't run Kubiak's system or his own. Elway changed systems and won 2 SBs. The thought was Manning could do it too.

Cutting Manning before the season wasn't an option because he would have been $20 mill in dead money. They were stuck in a tough spot. They had to roll the dice and hope a future HOFer and so called " greatest of all time" would be able to adjust. Secretly I think Elway and Kubiak were hoping Manning would retire.
    OK, you make good points. I do not believe Manning half assed anything. I can't buy into that. So, I'll have to disagree on that. Elway had a couple of years in the system, not a few months, so I just wanted to point that out. The rest, you made great points. I do believe they tried to make it work, but it wasn't happening. And yeah, I think they wanted him to retire as well.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    Elway made his pick far too late. He hired Kubiak and his next move should have been to move on from PM. He didn't and now Brock has to take all the pressure. We could have been building all season instead of catering to PM. Now we're months shy of building a team in the most important part of the season.

We wasted months trying to make PM fit and he never did.
    Had PM left then All of the pressure is on Oz all year.
    How on earth can having a quality backup QB create more pressure.

Sorry about that, not my intent ��
    No, no, not about you. Please. I just realized what has happened this year, how delicate the situation was, and that it must have been incredibly difficult for everyone. And that Manning, a player I have deep respect for, is done. And I wish they had been more honest with him to let him go before it got to this. That's all.

Have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    imo it comes down to business .. This is Peyton Manning that we are talking about. People not just Bronco fans but the world Remember Broncos were the new Americas team..SAW the success that he brought to Denver in 3 years., Denver HAD NOT seen anything like in forever.. 17 years is AGES IN THE NFL.. How was he going to explain that he dumped Peyton for Kubiak..people were already aware of Kubiak's record as a coach..it DOES NOT MATCH UP TO PEYTON'S SUCCESS..
    Im going to say something that will upset a few people but imo Peyton being on the bench gets Elway out of it..how? Because its easy to say he couldn't do it. I tried. Sure it doesn't set well with people because we knew from the get go but at the end of the day imo Elway is covered..to a degree.
    However next year when Peyton goes to another team then imo people are going to like ..hmmmmm . I see Indy ALL over again.
    Somebody better talk some sense into Manning if he tries to come back. This year was ugly, next year would be worse. He's on borrowed time for NFL QB's.

What team do you see picking up PM and handing over the keys to their offense? What coach is going to put their livelihood in the hands of a 40 year old QB that limped out of 2014 and was benched in 2015 with more injuries/poor play and may lead the league in INTs without playing the second half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    Because the whole offense and especially Brock would have much more experience together in this offense and with the way the D played we may very well be going into the playoffs just the same if not better with a more fine tuned offense and lets not forget the FB that we got rid of in the pistol would still be here and would hopefully have been developed by now and be helping in the run game. It would've been pressure up front in the first few games no matter what, but we might have worked a lot more out by now instead of having to do it while trying to make a playoff run.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    That's the head scratcher in a nut shell..why did that happen? The offense was successful the last 3 years ..It needed a little substance in the form of running the ball better. Not an overhaul. Especially in an offense that over the last 17 years didn't produce anything. I get slack for this but given this success that has been here for the last 3 years just needed a little tweaking I question the commitment to the saying SB or bust. In order to win it all it takes commitment but commitment doesn't mean changing things that are working..commitment is keeping whats working and add things that help. Its a head scratcher.
    I think you make a good and valid point here.
    [center][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center]

[center] [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    But we would have a different mindset. Kubiak would have been working off his blueprint. We would have been developing A to Z instead of the transitioning from tryingto make PM effective to basically going a totally different direction with OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    That offense looked like dog poo the 2nd half of the season this last year and Manning looked feeble and pathetic in the playoff game against the Colts. Explain that.
    You do remember that Manning was playing with an injury, no?
    [center][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center]

[center] [/center]

Somebody better talk some sense into Manning if he tries to come back. This year was ugly, next year would be worse. He's on borrowed time for NFL QB's.

What team do you see picking up PM and handing over the keys to their offense? What coach is going to put their livelihood in the hands of a 40 year old QB that limped out of 2014 and was benched in 2015 with more injuries/poor play and may lead the league in INTs without playing the second half of the season?
    Actually if it matters I'm not just posting non sense./. I have a client that works with Peyton on off field projects and has for some time. Hes a Panthers fan..lol not sure how hes feeling after today..haha I knew about a lot of this for a while. Its hard for me being a Peyton fan and wanting the Broncos to win because truth is I DO.. to keep quite. I know the team he is going to but there is another one that wants him. I haven't quit on this year folks. I still believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Peyton will lead the Broncos to SB 50. I have not then, now or will I falter from that belief. Peyton will make it back on the field then all of this Peyton/ Os mess is for nothing.
    The one that fans don't understand is the NFL is a business but to fans its entertainment. Things are always moving behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    No, no, not about you. Please. I just realized what has happened this year, how delicate the situation was, and that it must have been incredibly difficult for everyone. And that Manning, a player I have deep respect for, is done. And I wish they had been more honest with him to let him go before it got to this. That's all.

Have a good evening.
    Who says they werent honest. John may be alot of things, but from all I have read and heard he is always honest and tries to do right by his players. And I would think John and PFM probably have a bit more of a bond considering they are from the same mold. I'm pretty sure PFM new when John told him he was bringing in Kubes it was going to be Kubes offense, and I'm thinkin Kubes knew that PFM was here when he came here to install his offense. I think they all thought they could make it work. And why not, John changed late in his career, and this is PFM we are speaking of, one of the greats. I myself think they thought it could work. It just didn't. Sometimes that happens. Life is like a box of chocolates

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Who says they werent honest. John may be alot of things, but from all I have read and heard he is always honest and tries to do right by his players. And I would think John and PFM probably have a bit more of a bond considering they are from the same mold. I'm pretty sure PFM new when John told him he was bringing in Kubes it was going to be Kubes offense, and I'm thinkin Kubes knew that PFM was here when he came here to install his offense. I think they all thought they could make it work. And why not, John changed late in his career, and this is PFM we are speaking of, one of the greats. I myself think they thought it could work. It just didn't. Sometimes that happens. Life is like a box of chocolates
    Read all Mega Oranges posts and my response to them in this thread That will give you insight into why I wrote what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Read all Mega Oranges posts and my response to them in this thread That will give you insight into why I wrote what I did.
    Well I did, and he brings up some valid points. But I personally do not believe there was any dishonesty involved. I think all the "players" knew what was happening going in. It just didn't turn out like they all hoped But that happens sometimes. Just my opinion though. But good thing is for all the downers, we are in a position to pick up a playoff birth and a first round by and PFM is still here and still has a chance to win a 2nd ring. The play offs are a whole new season and anything can happen when you get there. We are in pretty good position really, we will see what we do with it. I'm gonna where my orange colored glasses, I like the view.

I really appreciate your posts Broncoslover and I am also sad that this year wasn't handled better with the Peyton issue. If Elway really didn't want him back then it would have been much better to be up front with Manning. He could have weighed his options and moved on and so could the broncos and it wouldn't have been so ugly. It has definitely put a damper on the season.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well I did, and he brings up some valid points. But I personally do not believe there was any dishonesty involved. I think all the "players" knew what was happening going in. It just didn't turn out like they all hoped But that happens sometimes. Just my opinion though. But good thing is for all the downers, we are in a position to pick up a playoff birth and a first round by and PFM is still here and still has a chance to win a 2nd ring. The play offs are a whole new season and anything can happen when you get there. We are in pretty good position really, we will see what we do with it. I'm gonna where my orange colored glasses, I like the view.
    I don't mean it as dishonesty per se. Just that they probably didn't want him and hoped he would retire. And like Mega said, Elway didn't want to break a promise or didn't quite know how to do it. That's what I mean. Anyway, I just felt very sad realizing everything and wish it hadn't ended this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmedai View Post
    You do remember that Manning was playing with an injury, no?
    That's the popular story that came AFTER the fact...There's always an excuse for Peyton.