Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Please provide a reliable source that Osweiler played far from amazingly...
    Seriously? You claim that Manning's days in Denver are over as if they are fact when you honestly have no clue at all; no one here does. The "writing on the wall" does not equal a concrete fact

You honestly think Osweiler's sacks were amazing? You honestly think the first half was amazing? While the offense clicked in the second half, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows either. If you consider the poor play in the first half amazing...I dunno what to say to that.

Again, I am not "trying to take anything away from this win" or "minimize the importance" of this win. I'm stoked that we won. I still think Osweiler is our future. But to say he played amazingly well...come on.
    Last edited by Ashmedai; 12-29-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    [center][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/center]

[center] [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmedai View Post
    Seriously? You claim that Manning's days in Denver are over as if they are fact when you honestly have no clue at all; no one here does. The "writing on the wall" does not equal a concrete fact

You honestly think Osweiler's sacks were amazing? You honestly think the first half was amazing? While the offense clicked in the second half, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows either. If you consider the poor play in the first half amazing...I dunno what to say to that.

Again, I am not "trying to take anything away from this win" or "minimize the importance" of this win. I'm stoked that we won. I still think Osweiler is our future. But to say he played amazingly well...come on.
    I don't cherry pick sections of the game to tear down a player, I look at the game AS a whole and AS A WHOLE Brock did really good.

He helped put up 20 points on the leagues top D which has been allowing less than that on average all year. Why downplay that and make it sound so bad? Why be like that? Enjoy a good win and drop the negativity...

He helped put up 20 points on the leagues top D which has been allowing less than that on average all year.
    I think that maybe you mean top scoring d, and second best overall D in the league? I suppose I can accept that.

I don't cherry pick sections of the game to tear down a player, I look at the game AS a whole and AS A WHOLE Brock did really good.

He helped put up 20 points on the leagues top D which has been allowing less than that on average all year. Why downplay that and make it sound so bad? Why be like that? Enjoy a good win and drop the negativity...
    I am just trying to be realistic here. If you're going to look at the game as a whole then you can't ignore or overlook sections of the game either.

I'm not trying to say that Osweiler had a bad game. Overall, I don't think it was bad; it was good (in the second half). It certainly wasn't amazing though. Osweiler is inexperienced and these past 6 games have shown that, and that's my concern right there heading into the playoffs. I just want to see the Broncos win another Lombardi Trophy.
    Last edited by Ashmedai; 12-29-2015 at 01:18 PM.

[center] [/center]

I am just trying to be realistic here. If you're going to look at the game as a whole then you can't ignore or overlook sections of the game either.

I'm not trying to say that Osweiler had a bad game. Overall, I don't think it was bad; it was good (in the second half). It certainly wasn't amazing though. Osweiler is inexperienced and these past 6 games have shown that, and that's my concern right there heading into the playoffs. I just want to see the Broncos win another Lombardi Trophy.
    No, you're not. You are trying to be negative...If you are going to do it at least call a spade a spade and admit it. You are diminishing what this team did trying to paint it in the most negative light possible...

Do you think a lack of experience held Tom Brady back?? If you were a patriots fan back then you'd probably be calling for Bledsoe just because he was a veteran and you'd have been wrong then too.

We have very little chance no matter which QB starts at winning a superbowl, but if we're going to have little chance either way, I'd rather let Brock start and gain valuable playoff experience for the next time.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 12-29-2015 at 01:37 PM.

I'm not trying to say that Osweiler had a bad game. Overall, I don't think it was bad at all; it was good (in the second half). It certainly wasn't amazing though. Osweiler is inexperienced and these past 6 games have shown that, and that's my concern right there heading into the playoffs. I just want to see the Broncos win another Lombardi Trophy.
    You are right when you say he's unexpierenced. He's played in 6 games . The Bengals had the ball a shade more then 21 mins first half . That left Broncos with around 8 - 9 minutes. Anytime you take a young back up qb and put him in you can expect rookie mistakes. He played a very good game last night. Not just good . No turnovers and he had numerous passes that were stellar. He did overthrow DT but you don't hear of qbs completing all of there passes , however that was a big miss tho. We all want the Lombardi. They played pretty dang good ball in a intense game .

No, you're not. You are trying to be negative...If you are going to do it at least call a spade a spade and admit it. You are diminishing what this team did trying to paint it in the most negative light possible...

Do you think a lack of experience held Tom Brady back?? If you were a patriots fan back then you'd probably be calling for Bledsoe just because he was a veteran and you'd have been wrong then too.

We have very little chance no matter which QB starts at winning a superbowl, but if we're going to have little chance either way, I'd rather let Brock start and gain valuable playoff experience for the next time.
    I'm sorry, I'll be sure to put those orange tinted glasses back on and act like everything is hunky-dory.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    You are right when you say he's unexpierenced. He's played in 6 games . The Bengals had the ball a shade more then 21 mins first half . That left Broncos with around 8 - 9 minutes. Anytime you take a young back up qb and put him in you can expect rookie mistakes. He played a very good game last night. Not just good . No turnovers and he had numerous passes that were stellar. He did overthrow DT but you don't hear of qbs completing all of there passes , however that was a big miss tho. We all want the Lombardi. They played pretty dang good ball in a intense game .
    The overthrown pass isn't what bothered me the most. It was those sacks for losses when he should have thrown the ball away instead and the lack of any offense in the first half. Granted, you can only do so much with 8 - 9 minutes...but you got to at least do something with them if that's all you're going to get.

[center] [/center]

I'm sorry, I'll be sure to put those orange tinted glasses back on and act like everything is hunky-dory.

The overthrown pass isn't what bothered me the most. It was those sacks for losses when he should have thrown the ball away instead and the lack of any offense in the first half. Granted, you can only do so much with 8 - 9 minutes...but you got to at least do something with them if that's all you're going to get.
    Yes that is Oz weakness is holding onto the ball too long at times. Like in the red zone. He needs to get that internal clock going and throw it away. I think he just tries to do too much sometimes. The more he plays the more he will understand this. And he stuck in there while he was hurt .

This is a problem almost every young QB has at first. The speed of the game is way different from college and is hard to learn during practice with limited contact. That will come in time. Brock is reading the field better and moving through his progressions better last game then before. The more he plays the most quicker he will become. Give it time and hopefully we will see that happen.

Oz to me is a Brian Griese, good enough to win some, not good enough for the post season. I am not saying Manning should play because his foot isn't healed and he has been off the field too long, but boy have Siemien ready as one good shot and his shoulder won't hold. I see weaknesses in the offense that I have seen all year and personally I think they are going to catch us like they already have. We had a decent 2nd half but the first half was bad people - 3 first downs period. That kind of thing just doesn't make me think we can go into Boston and hand Bellicheck a loss at all. I wish I felt more confident, but only playing one half of football just doesn't work in January, maybe if it was October I might feel we could improve, but it is late to be struggling for consistently for first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Oz to me is a Brian Griese, good enough to win some, not good enough for the post season. I am not saying Manning should play because his foot isn't healed and he has been off the field too long, but boy have Siemien ready as one good shot and his shoulder won't hold. I see weaknesses in the offense that I have seen all year and personally I think they are going to catch us like they already have. We had a decent 2nd half but the first half was bad people - 3 first downs period. That kind of thing just doesn't make me think we can go into Boston and hand Bellicheck a loss at all. I wish I felt more confident, but only playing one half of football just doesn't work in January, maybe if it was October I might feel we could improve, but it is late to be struggling for consistently for first downs.
    You're right, Os performance in postseasons has been terrible. It's as if he didn't show up and take any snaps at all! And he's winless then!

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Yes that is Oz weakness is holding onto the ball too long at times. Like in the red zone. He needs to get that internal clock going and throw it away. I think he just tries to do too much sometimes. The more he plays the more he will understand this. And he stuck in there while he was hurt .
    It's funny how critical some people are of Brock. Yet here he is playing injured but not throwing the game away. I can't imagine any of them cheering for Brock to return after throwing four INTs in one game.
    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    It's funny how critical some people are of Brock. Yet here he is playing injured but not throwing the game away. I can't imagine any of them cheering for Brock to return after throwing four INTs in one game.
    Yes there's alot of people here who expect him to be an elite qb right now. They are quick to slam him for his mistakes but drag their feet to give him praise. I expect him to have mistakes I am a realist. Im very happy with his play. His good play far outweighs the bad plays. If this weren't the case we'd of already seen pm back at the helm.

Brock played well enough to win last night. But if he is our future then in 2-4 years we will be back to square 1 because he is not a franchise QB. He is currently 4-2 as a starter but went 3 of those 6 with no scoring in the 2nd half and take away a fumbled punt in the New England game and it looks completely different. I know a lot of people feel like he is the future but I am not seeing that at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im really shocked by some of the people on this forum. I wonder how many of them can even digest what they are watching when they watch a broncos game, or if they even watch the games at all.

For those saying brock takes too many sacks, how about the sacks that he avoids??? How about the plays he extends, the improvisation. Look at the biggest play in the game last night, which was the 3rd and 10 conversion to start overtime backed up at our own 20 yard line. We don't convert there and we lose. He extends play and makes gigantic throw.

Peyton self sacks himself...all the time. If he were playing now with this offensive line playing the way they are, he would be even worse than he was when he was starting, he would be taking even more sacks than brock, and he would not have a cushy pocket to step up in and make his throws. His arm is shot he needs a launch point. Do you think he could have made that side armed chuck to emmanuel sanders down the right sideline last night?? lol, he couldn't have made it back to line of scrimmage.

Brock is really good guys. He's started 6 games. If it weren't for demaryius and sanders fumbling away a game to oakland, and more drops in pitts, he would be 5-1 or 6-0 right now. Oh and guess what, he's only going to improve and get better