Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KC ties

KC ties

it wasn't pretty but we beat the Browns today 17-13 pulling into a tie with Denver. who plays the Bengals tomorrow night. I ain't about to miss that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    it wasn't pretty but we beat the Browns today 17-13 pulling into a tie with Denver. who plays the Bengals tomorrow night. I ain't about to miss that one.
    You aren't in a tie yet. In order to be in a tie, we have to lose. If we lose tonight then this is a true statement. If we win, you are still one game behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You aren't in a tie yet. In order to be in a tie, we have to lose. If we lose tonight then this is a true statement. If we win, you are still one game behind us.
    true you have one less loss . your prediction???
    Last edited by kcvet; 12-28-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    true you have one less loss . your prediction???
    I don't like making predictions anymore...it hurts too much when you are wrong (and I've been wrong a lot the last few weeks)

I think we can beat the bungles tonight, I really do. Will we? Who knows, we should have beat the steelers and Raiders but that didn't happen.

I expect us to beat the chargers next week , but it's a division game and even though we won by a decent margin the first game, they are bound to play us twice as hard.

My prediction, if you can call it that is that we'll win out and get the #2 seed....It's just as likely that we could end up playing KC as a wildcard team... Anything can happen...I watched this team collapse enough and miss the playoffs during the shanny years enough times that I never get too ahead of myself.

I don't like making predictions anymore...it hurts too much when you are wrong (and I've been wrong a lot the last few weeks)

I think we can beat the bungles tonight, I really do. Will we? Who knows, we should have beat the steelers and Raiders but that didn't happen.

I expect us to beat the chargers next week , but it's a division game and even though we won by a decent margin the first game, they are bound to play us twice as hard.

My prediction, if you can call it that is that we'll win out and get the #2 seed....It's just as likely that we could end up playing KC as a wildcard team... Anything can happen...I watched this team collapse enough and miss the playoffs during the shanny years enough times that I never get too ahead of myself.
    we started out at 1-5 and I thought another one of those years. its strange but after Royals won the pennant the streak started. and here we are. injuries and all. these 2 teams split this year. I can't remember the last time we won out there. so when its done we may well have to settle up again. we'll see. I don't make predictions either. to many if and's and buts and maybe's. for us its finally all come together. wopee ??? no. trust but verify

Ok, now I feel more confident I think we beat SD now and take the division. SD won't make it easy on us though. They are going to want to play spoiler, but I think we're doing to secure a 1st round bye and the division next week.

Ok, now I feel more confident I think we beat SD now and take the division. SD won't make it easy on us though. They are going to want to play spoiler, but I think we're doing to secure a 1st round bye and the division next week.
    As of yesterday (Monday), Sandy Ego has Eric Weddle (starting free safety), Darrell Stuckey (starting safety), Ladarius Green (starting tight end), and Sean Lissemore (starting nose tackle) on IR. Sean McGrath (tight end) was activated (26 receptions/302 yards, all with the Chefs in 2013), along with Matt Daniels (safety) who has only played in 6 games over 2 years and his most recent experience comes from the Rag-war's practice squad.

On the other hand, their defense is not to be taken for granted. Although they lost to Chokeland, they only allowed the Faiders to score two touchdowns and forced them to punt eight times. Sandy Ego's offense was given every chance to win by their defense; they just couldn't cash the check. They're bottom-of-the-league in run offense, but they're still dangerous through the air if Rivers gets the time he needs.

We can't bring our B game onto the field Sunday, unless we want a repeat performance from week 15.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    As of yesterday (Monday), Sandy Ego has Eric Weddle (starting free safety), Darrell Stuckey (starting safety), Ladarius Green (starting tight end), and Sean Lissemore (starting nose tackle) on IR. Sean McGrath (tight end) was activated (26 receptions/302 yards, all with the Chefs in 2013), along with Matt Daniels (safety) who has only played in 6 games over 2 years and his most recent experience comes from the Rag-war's practice squad.

On the other hand, their defense is not to be taken for granted. Although they lost to Chokeland, they only allowed the Faiders to score two touchdowns and forced them to punt eight times. Sandy Ego's offense was given every chance to win by their defense; they just couldn't cash the check. They're bottom-of-the-league in run offense, but they're still dangerous through the air if Rivers gets the time he needs.

We can't bring our B game onto the field Sunday, unless we want a repeat performance from week 15.
    The thing about it is, it's still a rivalry game...Jamarcus Russell and McFadden had absolutely lackluster careers, but if they could play Denver 16 times a season they'd be a lock for HoF...Rivals play you hard especially when their season is over and yours is on the line. Nothing a rival loves more than to play spoiler. This will be San Diegos superbowl and I hope we don't overlook them.

Denver pulls out a win in the 4th. Probably win 23-16.

KC and Oakland comes down to the last play of the game. 27-24. Not sure who wins though.

The thing about it is, it's still a rivalry game...Jamarcus Russell and McFadden had absolutely lackluster careers, but if they could play Denver 16 times a season they'd be a lock for HoF...Rivals play you hard especially when their season is over and yours is on the line. Nothing a rival loves more than to play spoiler. This will be San Diegos superbowl and I hope we don't overlook them.
    no it won't be their superbowl lol

but rivers always comes to play no matter what, like any good franchise QB would. plus a banged up crappy chargers offense is going against the best defense in the NFL, i see another 3 point performance in their future.

everyone knows how much i hate the broncos but i don't really care if they win or lose at this point, too much uncertainty going into the off season and all the teams trying to get in the playoffs i hate anyways.

besides, i would think it was hilarious if the broncos got a ring with brock and not manning, i almost want that to happen.....i said almost!

i want to see KC and Denver in the WC but i know that's not going to happen since the broncos will beat the chargers and get a first round bye.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i want to see KC and Denver in the WC but i know that's not going to happen since the broncos will beat the chargers and get a first round bye.
    No No No!!

Man, I was in high school the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game!! Im getting desperate here. Im actually gonna be a GRANDPA in May or June of 2016 I want to see at least 1 more playoff victory before I become an antique g-pa

I think we need to play Houston!! (Or the Pats. but that aint happening in the first round) Not a guareented win by any stretch, but prolly our best bet.

Im glad to see a bit of traffic on the Chiefs page here though

Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    No No No!!

Man, I was in high school the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game!! Im getting desperate here. Im actually gonna be a GRANDPA in May or June of 2016 I want to see at least 1 more playoff victory before I become an antique g-pa

I think we need to play Houston!! (Or the Pats. but that aint happening in the first round) Not a guareented win by any stretch, but prolly our best bet.

Im glad to see a bit of traffic on the Chiefs page here though
    we must be of similar age then lol

i actually think you guys match up well against the broncos, just gotta play good defense and win a low scoring game at the end. the chiefs have a good defense too, it will come down to which team is better on offense and i kind of like the chiefs there due mainly to the fact that they have a better running game.

Denver's defense is of course still better than the chiefs, however. also the game would be in Denver so they have an edge there, overall i would give the broncos the slight edge but it's a very winnable game for the chiefs IMO

Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose

Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose
    You guys were playing houston? I thought it was an 11 on 11 skirmish against yourselves...