Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: KC ties

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    345
    Finally, a playoff win!!!! And with the Steelers win, we get New England!!! Does it get any better than this?

    Looks like the Divisional round is gonna be the AFC West show

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,049
    Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)
    I would love to help out with the first part
    Dont want to help out on the second

    But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either
    Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

    Please, please Denver, prove me wrong

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,049
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    I would love to help out with the first part
    Dont want to help out on the second

    But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either
    Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

    Please, please Denver, prove me wrong
    Without Brown they are going to be in rough shape. We match up well with them minus brown and really we had them beat without an epic collapse the last time. If Big Ben plays he might not be able to throw it with much velocity. He seemed to struggle with anything over 10 yards and all it will take is one good sack and he could be done for the game, with our pass rush, that is entirely possible.

    I'm more worried about KC than I am Pittsburgh...You never want to face a team riding high on a huge winstreak in the playoffs...


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose
    Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

    Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
    :
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

    Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
    :


    That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

    As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post


    That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

    As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.
    You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

    (Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

    (Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)
    No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994
    Okay; was wondering. I was the safety superintendent for the 351st Strategic Missile Wing and nuclear surety NCO back then. We had a helluva smart feather merchant (civilian employee), young guy, over in the ground (operational) safety office whose first name was Brian. He lived in the Blue Springs area and commuted back and forth daily. Good guy, but I lost touch with all of them when I moved on in '89.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Missouri
    Posts
    345
    And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

    Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

    Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by brianfrommissou View Post
    And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

    Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

    Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season
    With any luck, Hunt will have (what we in the military referred to as) a "Come to Jesus" meeting before the draft starts and lay out some job performance requirements, starting with time management in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was ATROCIOUS, bordering on non-existent. It doesn't matter if you get one touchdown, but don't have enough time left to even TRY to get the tying TD.

    The last 5 mins of that game need to be on replay immediately following the replay of the Colts' fake punt.
    --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •