X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianfrommissou
    Bench Warmer
    • Oct 2013

Finally, a playoff win!!!! And with the Steelers win, we get New England!!! Does it get any better than this?

Looks like the Divisional round is gonna be the AFC West show:thumb:

Comment

• Freyaka
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2007

Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)
      sigpic

Comment

• brianfrommissou
        Bench Warmer
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Go out there and beat the Patriots and then please somehow lose some steam before you come to Denver...(assuming we actually beat the Steelers.)
        I would love to help out with the first part:thumb:
        Dont want to help out on the second

But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either
        Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

Please, please Denver, prove me wrong

Comment

• Freyaka
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
          I would love to help out with the first part:thumb:
          Dont want to help out on the second

But seriously, the Bengals and Steelers were the 2 teams I didnt want to face. I dont like how the Chiefs match up against them. If Roethlisberger is playing and semi-healthy, I really dont like Denvers chances either
          Even after yesterdays games, I still say the AFC belongs to Pitt.

Please, please Denver, prove me wrong
          Without Brown they are going to be in rough shape. We match up well with them minus brown and really we had them beat without an epic collapse the last time. If Big Ben plays he might not be able to throw it with much velocity. He seemed to struggle with anything over 10 yards and all it will take is one good sack and he could be done for the game, with our pass rush, that is entirely possible.

I'm more worried about KC than I am Pittsburgh...You never want to face a team riding high on a huge winstreak in the playoffs...
          sigpic

Comment

• Grandpa
            Special Teams
            • Mar 2004

Well, I got most of what I wished for. Now, lets hope Houston will play along and lose
            Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
            : :thumb:
            --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

Comment

• brianfrommissou
              Bench Warmer
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
              Good for you. Now get on up to Gillette Stadium (it's gonna be warmer there than it would be in Arrowhead) and see what you can do against the Patsies.

Oh, and knock off the "Grandpa" slurs; I are one, and you're in for a treat when you become one. Do you know the REAL definition of "grandchildren"? It's a parent's revenge on their children. "Here, let him(her) throw up on YOU for a change!"
              : :thumb:

That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.

Comment

• Grandpa
                Special Teams
                • Mar 2004

That was mostly just a refrence for the 20+year drought. Yes, I'm sure that I will love it!

As for the game, I see no good reason we cant get the W. But, the back of my brain keeps thinking what odd and obscure rule will BB find to bend and/or break? Awful way to be, I know.
                You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

(Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)

Comment

• brianfrommissou
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Grandpa View Post
                  You should be able to do just about anything with NE. You guys done did good this year, even with a lousy start.

(Uh, off-topic, but just noticed the "brian" in your userID .... did you ever work at Whiteman in the mid- late-80's?)
                  No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994

Comment

• Grandpa
                    Special Teams
                    • Mar 2004

No, wasn't me. I was still a youngin in the mid-late 80's. Didn't graduate till 1994
                    Okay; was wondering. I was the safety superintendent for the 351st Strategic Missile Wing and nuclear surety NCO back then. We had a helluva smart feather merchant (civilian employee), young guy, over in the ground (operational) safety office whose first name was Brian. He lived in the Blue Springs area and commuted back and forth daily. Good guy, but I lost touch with all of them when I moved on in '89.

Comment

• brianfrommissou
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Oct 2013

And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season

Comment

• Grandpa
                        Special Teams
                        • Mar 2004

And thus, our season ends. Surrendering to the Pats. Where was our pass rush? Tom Brady doesn't even need to wash his jersey before his next game!! Why didnt Sutton call on the dogs? I know Houston was basically out, but we have a rush without him.

Normally, after a loss, its easy to find a path back to Alex. Not today. He blundered the last 2 minites for sure, but it never should of got to that point. Our D laid an egg, a BIG one!! I guess, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Welp, here is to another season of middle of the road Kansas City Chiefs football next season
                        With any luck, Hunt will have (what we in the military referred to as) a "Come to Jesus" meeting before the draft starts and lay out some job performance requirements, starting with time management in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was ATROCIOUS, bordering on non-existent. It doesn't matter if you get one touchdown, but don't have enough time left to even TRY to get the tying TD.

The last 5 mins of that game need to be on replay immediately following the replay of the Colts' fake punt.

Comment

Working...
                        X