Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Ok...I finally admit after being quite the OS skeptic, that I am willing to go all in on the kid. After watching him with likely the worst O-line in the NFL and comparing his performance to Aaron Rodgers with a slightly better O-Line....OS is showing up better especially given his relative lack of experience.

Peyton..love ya man...but it's time to move on.

Broncos need to make a statement game here. Im not talking 21-7. I want to see 35+ points against these scrubs. I want at least 3 TDs passes by Os and 3 sacks from Von. This team needs a big, defining win to send them off into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Broncos need to make a statement game here. Im not talking 21-7. I want to see 35+ points against these scrubs. I want at least 3 TDs passes by Os and 3 sacks from Von. This team needs a big, defining win to send them off into the playoffs.
    Agreed and make no doubts about the first round bye that we could desperately use
    I will be a Denver Bronco for life. Nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    How?

Curious.
    Which part? It just didn't look like a Manning no huddle offense to me, because you really can't without a Manning type QB. Most teams run the hurry as a change of pace, that wears down a defense as they can't substitute players and it takes advantage of players with versatile skill sets. Peyton's is more about getting to the line quickly to give him the same advantages but he could also play mind games with the defense. He had total control in that offense and he ran it to perfection. I could be wrong, this is just my observation. It didn't look Peytonesque to me that is, it looked more like an another QB running the no huddle, which isn't a bad thing. The Ravens ran it last year with success too.

They utilized the no huddle spread a lot during that game. Makes you wonder
    When Manning goes to Houston or Cleveland you can make your case there. Good luck but he isnt going far with either of these franchises.

Manning is a righteous dude but he's done with football accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    When Manning goes to Houston or Cleveland you can make your case there. Good luck but he isnt going far with either of these franchises.

Manning is a righteous dude but he's done with football accept it.
    I'll use the same response I used earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob
    Nice conclusion but off the mark from where I was going. It's interesting to see the play call transition from what Kubiak traditionally stuck with with to the spread to the no huddle spread they have utilized for the last two games. I'm glad they are finding success with it, it gives the offense a leg up against rushing Ds that keeps terrorizing our line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Which part? It just didn't look like a Manning no huddle offense to me, because you really can't without a Manning type QB. Most teams run the hurry as a change of pace, that wears down a defense as they can't substitute players and it takes advantage of players with versatile skill sets. Peyton's is more about getting to the line quickly to give him the same advantages but he could also play mind games with the defense. He had total control in that offense and he ran it to perfection. I could be wrong, this is just my observation. It didn't look Peytonesque to me that is, it looked more like an another QB running the no huddle, which isn't a bad thing. The Ravens ran it last year with success too.

Sorry I didn't specify :-/ I meant in regards to how he messes with their head and plays games with them etc.

Sorry I didn't specify :-/ I meant in regards to how he messes with their head and plays games with them etc.
    Oh, I gotcha. I have a perfect example, one of my favorite Peyton memories actually. Couple years ago we played the Steelers, Troy P was still there at the time. He was trying to time the snap count and jump over our line and Manning almost got him three times in a row. Defenses always tried to disguise what they were doing till the last second and Peyton would routinely get them to show just enough that you knew before he snapped the ball the play would be successful. It was a pleasure watching him prior to the snap, he was dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by tonray View Post
    Ok...I finally admit after being quite the OS skeptic, that I am willing to go all in on the kid. After watching him with likely the worst O-line in the NFL and comparing his performance to Aaron Rodgers with a slightly better O-Line....OS is showing up better especially given his relative lack of experience.

Peyton..love ya man...but it's time to move on.

There is still the issue of putting up enough points. To be a real threat & make a serious SB run you MUST be able to put up points. OS may look good in one half or the other, but needs to put it together, and the play calling must be aggressive to score more points - whatever it takes even going for it on 4th down and pinning them deep with possible safety (momentum builder for defense) instead of trying for field goals all the time - which people forget are NOT guaranteed to go through the uprights! (McManus has now missed one placekick in five consecutive games) If the O-line is as bad as you say then they must come up with some high percentage 4th down plays. I have a perfect recipe for scoring touchdowns in the red zone, but the info is too valuable to give away for free.

I would add turnovers, but failing to convert on 3rd down, and not going for it on 4th down (when you have an inconsistent punter ranked 28th in the league) is a turnover itself. Anything short yardage near or past the 50 should be a "go for it," then a failed conversion = poor play calling. How many times have we seen poor punts go into the end zone for a touchback ending up as a 16 or 20 yard net - That's a voluntary turnover folks! Would anyone in their right mind turn the ball over just so the opponent has to start 16-20 yards back???? I see this insanity from coaches week in week out-ridiculous.
    Last edited by paycheckeffort; 12-30-2015 at 02:46 PM.