Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 98
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Of course Oz is going to start, but it's nice to see it said right away with no hesitation. We would look very foolish going back to Manning at this point. Imagine if he came in and played the way he did the majority of this season, John would look like a complete idiot and you can bet that point isn't lost on him.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Something tells me that Manning will be active for this game. Brock gets "injured" and can't return allowing Peyton to get some playing time and get the offense going again. Manning then leads us to the Lombardi.

    Or, Brock plays lights out and leads us to the playoffs on a high note.

    I don't know. Too many storylines here.

    I could be wrong. Don't crucify me for this.
    PM hasn't thrown a meaningful ball in weeks and when he did they were to the wrong team. Since he left we've abandoned what he was doing. Honestly, how can Manning ever be expected to come back and play well? It wouldn't even be fair to him. Why would any Manning fan want this for him?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,495
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Mannings working his tail off for a reason. If it was about auditioning for another team he wouldn't be pushing this hard.

    Kubiak or Elway had to give him hope and I'm also not sold on Kubiaks vanilla answer about Brock starting
    This is exactly what I was saying. There is no way he plays anywhere else next season. He is getting healthy at the right time to lead us to the Super Bowl.

    I could be wrong too.

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,495
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    PM hasn't thrown a meaningful ball in weeks and when he did they were to the wrong team. Since he left we've abandoned what he was doing. Honestly, how can Manning ever be expected to come back and play well? It wouldn't even be fair to him. Why would any Manning fan want this for him?
    Because they are football fans and don't want to see him go out like he did vs. Kansas City.

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Mannings working his tail off for a reason. If it was about auditioning for another team he wouldn't be pushing this hard.

    Kubiak or Elway had to give him hope and I'm also not sold on Kubiaks vanilla answer about Brock starting
    I disagree, Manning would be working his tail off either way because that's who he is. Also, nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. Opportunity comes out of nowhere and Manning will have himself as ready as possible when that time comes.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Because they are football fans and don't want to see him go out like he did vs. Kansas City.
    Well he knows his own body, he should have said he wasn't ready to go. He is a grown man and that's on him.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Because they are football fans and don't want to see him go out like he did vs. Kansas City.
    But odds are if he plays its a playoff game and he goes out looking awful, further cementing his playoff failures in the minds of the haters. It could be an even uglier way to go out.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Well he knows his own body, he should have said he wasn't ready to go. He is a grown man and that's on him.
    Manning wanted that record and maybe knew once he sat, that chance might never come again

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Well he knows his own body, he should have said he wasn't ready to go. He is a grown man and that's on him.
    The primary use for Performance Enhancing Drugs in pro sports isn't for increasing ability, it's actually for recovery from work outs and injuries. It would make sense why Peyton over-estimated his body's ability to recover in 2015, compared to 2011-2013 when he was allegedly juicing.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I agree. There is no way he goes out like he did in that last game.
    They utilized the no huddle spread a lot during that game. Makes you wonder

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,067
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    They utilized the no huddle spread a lot during that game. Makes you wonder
    No it really doesn't, there isn't some underlying hint here. They've named Brock starter...the end. That's all she wrote in Denver for Manning.


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,425
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Mannings working his tail off for a reason. If it was about auditioning for another team he wouldn't be pushing this hard.

    Kubiak or Elway had to give him hope and I'm also not sold on Kubiaks vanilla answer about Brock starting

    I hope he's working hard and will be healthy, Denver will need a reliable backup in the playoffs, and whichever QB it is that's the starter and the other backup, I hope they're both able to handle it professionally.

    When NE won their first SB, Tom Brady came in and was good for the season (Pats fans forget to mention that he was a game manager that entire season SB included) but the reason they were in the SB was because Drew Bledsoe won the AFC Championship game for them after Brady left with an injury. Denver needs to have someone they can go to if there's an injury.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Brock was nearly flawless... He blew an easy TD to DT, missing a wide open WR... Took a sack or too he could've avoided (throwing the ball out of bounds)... But he was poised, showed improvement, made clutch throws.. Good reads...

    One thing is clear: give him protection and good Playcalling and he can win you football games. Against the two top teams in the DIV... He led 14-point comebacks... Impressive.

    I hope Manning sucks it up and will accept being the backup... Could use him as an emergency... Just in case BO gets hurt... But BO earned the starting job from here on out.
    Peyton has already said in an interview that if the team feels that he shouldn't play, that he will respect the decision and do what he can to help the team.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Manning wanted that record and maybe knew once he sat, that chance might never come again
    That would be incredibly selfish if true

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No it really doesn't, there isn't some underlying hint here. They've named Brock starter...the end. That's all she wrote in Denver for Manning.
    Nice conclusion but off the mark from where I was going. It's interesting to see the play call transition from what Kubiak traditionally stuck with with to the spread to the no huddle spread they have utilized for the last two games. I'm glad they are finding success with it, it gives the offense a leg up against rushing Ds that keeps terrorizing our line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •