Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,412

    Zone Blocking versus Power

    Our smaller linemen needed in this ZB scheme cannot anchor in pass protection and are weak in the red zone for running plays, so why not move to a Power line?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Our smaller linemen needed in this ZB scheme cannot anchor in pass protection and are weak in the red zone for running plays, so why not move to a Power line?
    Because Kubiak is a zone guy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Because Kubiak is a zone guy.
    Thanks captain obvious

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,033

    Owen Daniels deserves some love

    I'll be the first one to say that I've been very, very hard on Owen Daniels for the majority of the season.

    But this guy has grinded and played his heart out lately, and what I saw from him tonight made me completely reverse my thoughts on his addition to this team.

    Daniels effort tonight made me so proud of him. He had some amazing blocks and some sick catches at the best times, and I absoluteley LOVE how he hit the circle button (spin) on that play to move the chains late in the game.


    Credit where credit is due Broncos Country - let's show Owen Daniels some love!

    PS - I do not blame him in the LEAST for that drop in OT when he got decimated over the middle. Love how he got up after the play and shook it off.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    598
    OD came up big tonite, he has been far more valuable than VD thus far

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Our smaller linemen needed in this ZB scheme cannot anchor in pass protection and are weak in the red zone for running plays, so why not move to a Power line?
    Because Kubiak is a zone guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Thanks captain obvious
    I think that was the answer he ment to give you
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Thanks captain obvious
    An obvious answer to an obvious question.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Elway'sLegacy View Post
    I'll be the first one to say that I've been very, very hard on Owen Daniels for the majority of the season.

    But this guy has grinded and played his heart out lately, and what I saw from him tonight made me completely reverse my thoughts on his addition to this team.

    Daniels effort tonight made me so proud of him. He had some amazing blocks and some sick catches at the best times, and I absoluteley LOVE how he hit the circle button (spin) on that play to move the chains late in the game.


    Credit where credit is due Broncos Country - let's show Owen Daniels some love!

    PS - I do not blame him in the LEAST for that drop in OT when he got decimated over the middle. Love how he got up after the play and shook it off.
    Same here. I have to give him major props for seemingly improving each and every game I've watched him in

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    wy USA
    Posts
    372
    He's been our best TE all season. Plays solid reliable hands. Glad he's been around helped saved this teams bacon on multiple occasions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,247
    I just hope he is OK after that vicious hit at the goal line. That was so close to being the winning touchdown.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,145
    Daniels was clutch tonight. I've liked what he's been doing this year.

    So was Osweiler. Hopefully some of the slagging on him will quiet down around here. Gets old.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanket24 View Post
    OD came up big tonite, he has been far more valuable than VD thus far
    Yea, he was big.

    Did VD even play?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ready and Waiting on the Sidelines...
    Posts
    1,651
    Every NFL team runs zone blocking plays. Every NFL team runs power blocking plays.

    Which scheme you use more is based on the offensive game plan, personal, and coach's preference.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Yea, he was big.

    Did VD even play?
    I didn't see him. He might've been in a snap or two here and there, but he sure wasn't targeted.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Yeah, Kubiack did good bringing him here. I noticed VD was absent in this game ... GOOD! He is a liability and should just be cut.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •