Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 111
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Do You Believe Peyton is Really Doing All He Can to Help the Team?

    I haven't seen any interviews of him except for him defending the various rumors. It seems like everybody is on the Oz train and Peyton is busy rehabilitating himself. Everybody is saying the right things regarding the QB situation yet there seems to be an elephant in the room. I have yet to see him on the sidelines helping read the game snapshots or discussing anything with Kubiack or Oz.

    I would think that he knows he is being played by now and he is just being aloof. I know he is a stand up guy and all, but Peyton needs to be honest with himself and hang up the cleats.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,953
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I haven't seen any interviews of him except for him defending the various rumors. It seems like everybody is on the Oz train and Peyton is busy rehabilitating himself. Everybody is saying the right things regarding the QB situation yet there seems to be an elephant in the room. I have yet to see him on the sidelines helping read the game snapshots or discussing anything with Kubiack or Oz.

    I would think that he knows he is being played by now and he is just being aloof. I know he is a stand up guy and all, but Peyton needs to be honest with himself and hang up the cleats.
    Yes.

    10 characters
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,049
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I haven't seen any interviews of him except for him defending the various rumors. It seems like everybody is on the Oz train and Peyton is busy rehabilitating himself. Everybody is saying the right things regarding the QB situation yet there seems to be an elephant in the room. I have yet to see him on the sidelines helping read the game snapshots or discussing anything with Kubiack or Oz.

    I would think that he knows he is being played by now and he is just being aloof. I know he is a stand up guy and all, but Peyton needs to be honest with himself and hang up the cleats.
    Not really for us to question, we aren't close enough to the situation.

    I do find it odd however that Kubiak for a long time said it was Peyton's team once healthy and now all the sudden he's letting the press know he's healthy while we name Brock starter within an hour of the game ending...something fishy is up IMO.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,721
    Why, to justify his $15 mil. and earn his keep? To mollify fans who do not want him? If the coaches feel necessary to pick his brains, they will, I guarantee you. Right now, they just want to ride the horse that gives them the best chance in the elements, which is Brock.

    Peyton will hang up his cleats if he feels his body cannot make a comeback, even if it is for another team, IMO. If he can give it one last rodeo for a year, he might do it. If not, he will hang it up. It is like Peyton is the flavor of this season. Last offseason, it was Brady and now it is Peyton.

    If Peyton leaves the Broncos, trust me, I will still be on this forum to talk football. For crying out loud, I even have an account on PatsPulpit but don't care to post there, since I don't care for chest thumping Bostonian Tarzans, to put it mildly . This forum is infinitely better.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not really for us to question, we aren't close enough to the situation.

    I do find it odd however that Kubiak for a long time said it was Peyton's team once healthy and now all the sudden he's letting the press know he's healthy while we name Brock starter within an hour of the game ending...something fishy is up IMO.
    I sense something too.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,987
    Yes, he is. He's rehabbing so that if the Broncos need to put him out there they can. That's really all he can do for the team. There have already been mentions here and there that he has made himself available to Oz but he's backing off to let the coaches do their jobs. What exactly are we supposed to expect him to be doing?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Not really for us to question, we aren't close enough to the situation.

    I do find it odd however that Kubiak for a long time said it was Peyton's team once healthy and now all the sudden he's letting the press know he's healthy while we name Brock starter within an hour of the game ending...something fishy is up IMO.

    Could it be that Elway took over some decisions saying that enough of horsing around and dilly dallying about the QB position? I did wonder that on the quick announcement. Elway could have told Kubiak "hey Gary, I don't want Brock playing looking over his shoulder, give him the vote of confidence and move forward". That could have made things easier for Kubiak, IMO.
    Last edited by chad72; 12-29-2015 at 06:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,365
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I haven't seen any interviews of him except for him defending the various rumors. It seems like everybody is on the Oz train and Peyton is busy rehabilitating himself. Everybody is saying the right things regarding the QB situation yet there seems to be an elephant in the room. I have yet to see him on the sidelines helping read the game snapshots or discussing anything with Kubiack or Oz.

    I would think that he knows he is being played by now and he is just being aloof. I know he is a stand up guy and all, but Peyton needs to be honest with himself and hang up the cleats.
    So when he was on the sidelines people got upset and said he was interfering. Others got upset because he didn't fly with the team. Others got upset when Brock was named the starter and said he would let Brock come to him if he needed to but knew Brock would have a lot of guys in his ears. Others got upset cause he was not on the sidelines but watching from the lockers and writing up notes to give to Brock at 1/2 time. Others got upset because Manning is basically alive and just love to pick apart every little thing he does.

    Now you're what? Upset because he might not be helping the team in any way possible?

    What do you want from him? Jeez, Louise. Give it a rest already. Brock has said Manning has been an immense help. Manning said he feels like he's been a good teammate during this trying time. He said he will help the team in whatever way they seem appropriate, including being a backup. What more do you want?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    556
    I think Kubiak and Elway are done him. Oz is the present and Manning is done in Denver.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,867
    I think he is waiting for his chance. I fully expect the Broncos to play well regardless of who is our QB. We have a luxury that many teams do not. Now our Coaching staff just needs to do their jobs.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Johnstown , PA
    Posts
    6,893
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    So when he was on the sidelines people got upset and said he was interfering. Others got upset because he didn't fly with the team. Others got upset when Brock was named the starter and said he would let Brock come to him if he needed to but knew Brock would have a lot of guys in his ears. Others got upset cause he was not on the sidelines but watching from the lockers and writing up notes to give to Brock at 1/2 time. Others got upset because Manning is basically alive and just love to pick apart every little thing he does.

    Now you're what? Upset because he might not be helping the team in any way possible?

    What do you want from him? Jeez, Louise. Give it a rest already. Brock has said Manning has been an immense help. Manning said he feels like he's been a good teammate during this trying time. He said he will help the team in whatever way they seem appropriate, including being a backup. What more do you want?
    That about says it all & nothing more needs said.

    some people just won't let well enough alone

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I sense something too.
    I agree we don't know and won't for several years if at all. But, this has been a delicate PR situation. The Broncos are very complimentary and the players are being very respectful. It's about as nice as you can say 'no thank you'.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,333
    I think Peyton has been through a lot both outwards and inwards. I also think he is doing whatever he can to get better, help the team and do whatever might be asked of him from the coaches
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    737
    Manning isn't a coach. He's an injured player doing his best to rehab to get back into some sort of playing form. He can stand on the sideline and be present, but really, that's about all he has to do. In-game reads, changes, adjustments, and decisions are up to the actual coaches and they are who Brock needs to listen to during the game. None of us knows what is said in the film room, which is where Manning's knowledge and tips would be of the most help to Osweiler. To this point, Osweiler has had nothing but good to say about Manning's presence. I'll trust him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,481
    Supposedly from an article I read here, Elway is having Peyton stay out of the way and "practice away from the team." I didn't understand what that really meant. But it gives us an idea that Elway wants to keep Peyton away from the team to some degree. There are probably hurt feelings, hurt pride and building a new leadership that comes into play with this decision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •