Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    If anyone's interested check out the Buffalo game.

I think this is where the Broncos started trying to throw everything deep, because Peyton is struggling this whole game to plant his foot and drive on the ball. Receivers on short routes are getting absolutely clobbered because the ball is so late getting there.

There was a pass in the first where he didn't plant his hurt foot/quad/whatever and was trying to throw up the seam. He's (imo, not a professional opinon) over torquing his body way too much to make up for not being able to plant. It was basically an end-over-end pass that looked like a punt.

In the second half hes falling away from almost every throw. I believe his tempo is interrupted by his injury, as he's been behind the receiver on his last 5 passes.
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 01-01-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I'm going through the second half of the season last year to try and see where it fell apart for Manning.

Something I've noticed is that since the Pats game that year, Manning was not putting weight much on his back foot.

https://youtu.be/coB1ZAWba4o?t=38
    https://youtu.be/coB1ZAWba4o?t=62
    there's other instances too, I'm not going to post them all.

I think it's possible this injury has been nagging Manning since week 9 in 2014.

Thoughts?

edit: I'm posting youtube links to give some reference, not using highlights as any kind of measure. I'm going game by game actually watching them.
    I don't exactly agree with your premise, but gotta say nice job in going back and actually noticing that in all the footage Cory. I'd cp ya but gotta spread it. But really , Nice Job Cory.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

So if the foot was injured since last season and with a full off season to recover why didnt it get any better?

Perhaps his age isnt allowing it to heal quick enough in a single off season. If this is true then he most likely is done with pro football.

I'll add that this is just a discussion. I'm not calling anyone out on anything or criticizing. Being sick with the flu for the past week has given me plenty of time to watch film, and I just started noticing this.

Going through the Bills game right now.

Football discussion for the sake of football. No it doesn't matter, but neither does watching the game on Sunday. I could always just drum up a tar and feather thread, but IMO there's enough of those. I figured it might be enlightening, perhaps even a little fun, to go back and take a look at games. This thread was not intended to bash Manning for anything. If it's anyone's fault this year or last that Manning put the team in precarious positions due to injury, it's the coaches for letting him play.
    My comment was not intended to be critical or disrespectful. My apologies it was taken that way.

I also am here (probably way too much) for "football discussion for the sake of football". I was not trying to be dismissive of your going back and looking at past performances or analyzing the games. It's all for fun for all of us. Unless some of you are getting paid and I'm not for being here .

I am just at the point of looking at this situation with the Broncos season with a "here and now" perspective.

Hope you feel better from your flu forced "research".

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I don't exactly agree with your premise, but gotta say nice job in going back and actually noticing that in all the footage Cory. I'd cp ya but gotta spread it. But really , Nice Job Cory.
    Thanks, bud.

I'm seeing all kinds of stuff. DT runs about 50% when he's on the opposite side of the field getting the ball. CJ Anderson looked lost running routes out of the backfield designed to take the backside defender out of the picture. I've seen it 3 times now where he just stops running his route, the backside backer or DB immediately reads "balls not going to him" and they are able to make a tackle on the play where as if CJA had completed his route he would have ran the defender out of the play. Very frustrating to watch at times, but this is fun.

Also, the playcalling at the end of this game is mind boggling. Your backs are averaging over 5 yards a carry well into the third/fourth, and they keep running bubble screens that get stopped for about 3-5 yards but get your receivers popped. Coach Sam was spot on I believe when he was talking about there being no rhythm to the playcalling.
    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 01-01-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    My comment was not intended to be critical or disrespectful. My apologies it was taken that way.

I also am here (probably way too much) for "football discussion for the sake of football". I was not trying to be dismissive of your going back and looking at past performances or analyzing the games. It's all for fun for all of us. Unless some of you are getting paid and I'm not for being here .

I am just at the point of looking at this situation with the Broncos season with a "here and now" perspective.

Hope you feel better from your flu forced "research".
    None taken, just making my intentions clear for everyone.

I might start doing Brocks starts and posting screen grabs after I'm done with this game.

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Not sure how identifying the exact time he was injured has much value. Nice research and is interesting but in the end does it really matter when and how severe.

Every football player to ever step on the field is "injured" in some way. Over the course of the season the bumps, bruises and sprains add up. It is up to the player to acknowledge and accept when they are too severe to play. We have all seen cases where some players struggle with accepting that reality of being limited.

We can admire the warrior spirit to want to play but at some point the player can become a detriment to the team. We have argued about where that line is countless times with Manning. It all depends on your opinion as to how important it is. And how much responsibility the player has to pull himself when he knows he can't do the job.

I refer back to the no excuses mentality of the old players adage of "if you step on the field, you are ready to go".
    Exactly. And brock should have taken himself out of the game when he suffered a 2nd Degree shoulder separation. We had a perfectly healthy backup who was available to finish the game. And, we ended up losing the game when brock attempted to play with that injury.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Exactly. And brock should have taken himself out of the game when he suffered a 2nd Degree shoulder separation. We had a perfectly healthy backup who was available to finish the game. And, we ended up losing the game when brock attempted to play with that injury.

Right?
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Hooray, beer!

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    Best post I've seen this year! Star Wars references usually earn such acclaim.

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    I will say it again.
    I had Planar Fascitis myself....
    -
    My foot has NEVER been the same.
    It takes a long time to get over it...
    and even then, I chalk it up to ageing...
    but that foot is stiffer and less mobile than my right foot.
    It is just a reality I have adjusted to with age.
    -
    That foot is easily re-injured... setback.. whatever you call it.
    I've been struggling with it again, lately.
    -
    There is not much to do but adjust to reality.
    -
    This guy aint 25 years old anymore.. getting old kinda sucks.
    It don't mean you cant dance, it just means you gotta deal with tweaks and twinges.
    -
    I live in Denver... I have been around Elway himself, several times.
    You oughta see how he walks.... it aint pretty.
    It happens. Football is a rough road.
    How many old players are there?

Didn't Matt Schaub have the same injury as Peyton? And if memory serves me correct he was never the same after it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Didn't Matt Schaub have the same injury as Peyton? And if memory serves me correct he was never the same after it.
    Yeah he turned into a pick-6, INT machine.

Sounds familiar.....

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    not directed at anyone in particular:

maybe there is some truth but this is all speculation with limited evidence. i'm not sure what it helps/proves or is the point beyond intrigue which is fine of course!

if PFM had essentially pulled himself to injury everyone would be calling him an every name in the book pre madonna and calling for his impeachment as he is now a traitor and *gasp* not a team player.

let's also keep in mind this is one of the greatest football players ever. this is his life's work and identity. it just has to be the the most difficult thing to step away from himself, at his competitive climate, in mid season of perhaps last chance at a SB with his team absolutely needing and depending on him, and say "yup, gotta hang it up until the playoffs, hope to be ok then, we will see".
    There is a reason we have coaches ...players cannot manage themselves. Every dedicated player is apt to try and stay on the field as long as they can drag their limbs out there. It is up to management to assess and stop them from hurting themselves and the team. Fox and Kubiak both failed in this regard.

Who cares he's the backup

He's the back up yes, only until Brock holds the ball too long (which is quite often) and gets sacked (again) and his shoulder pops out all the way (which won't take much). Then he's no longer the back up. My point is both q-backs are important for any possibility of success with this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    He's the back up yes, only until Brock holds the ball too long (which is quite often) and gets sacked (again) and his shoulder pops out all the way (which won't take much). Then he's no longer the back up. My point is both q-backs are important for any possibility of success with this offense.
    Funny, seems like your point is you'd like to see Brock get hurt so PM can come in and save the day like some Hollywood fantasy. If PM gets into a game it will be the second most embarrassing end to his career or worse.
    Last edited by MegaOrange; 01-01-2016 at 11:58 PM.