• Broncos by less than a touchdown

36 34.62%
  • Steelers by more than a touchdown

1 0.96%
  • Steelers by less than a touchdown

5 4.81%
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Pitt is a dirty team, but when the tables are turned and teams get physical with them they cry foul. Their crap is annoying. Not only are their players dirty so are their coaches.
    Isn't that a fact. Look at their QB.
    Last edited by Canmore; 01-15-2016 at 12:00 AM.

2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Adopted Bronco: Chris Harris Jr.

Pretty poor journalism.

#1 Bruton is on IR, he won't be playing much less getting any sort of payback.

#2 They include the quote and name the player even, Darien Stewart. How they botched that and named Bruton in the title just makes one fail to take them seriously.

Just voted...GO BRONCOS! It would be hilarious if the Broncos could garner more votes than the entire student body!

Voted. Bronco's have 64% of the votes. Three times the 19% put up by the Packers and 32 times the 2% for the Pats.

Stewart is an idiot for saying that if he did indeed say that.

Obviously the journalists don't have anything better to do than to drum up a good story out of absolutely nothing.

I still have it out for Joe Greene sucker punching Paul Howard right in the solar plexes in '78...twice!

Quote Originally Posted by MJCOSTEL View Post
    Voted. Bronco's have 64% of the votes. Three times the 19% put up by the Packers and 32 times the 2% for the Pats.
    Yeah! I LOVE the 2% for pats!!!

I see a lot of teams lose because players (and sometimes coaches) don't respect what their opponents defense is capable of. Its a chess game, and to win a team must fully study & understand an opponents strengths and weaknesses. In a game of chess I will often times lay a trap for an opponent by sacrificing a pawn or other piece which will get the opponent to move where I want him to, ultimately costing him a more valuable piece, or checkmated a couple moves later.

There are valuable moves not being used by teams in the NFL which could give them a big advantage in scoring points.
    The problem is, you can't hide what you're doing, and once other teams see the success they will copy it. (NFL plays are not intellectual property like a patent or trademark) I would estimate, if used sparingly the advantage would be lucky to last one season before other teams catch on to it.

Crybaby Steelers cry "bounty!" about Broncos

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...roncos-bounty/

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 13, 2016, 9:23 PM EST

A hit by Steelers center Cody Wallace ended the season of Broncos safety David Bruton when the teams met in the regular season last month.

Broncos safety Darian Stewart told reporters this week that Wallace is “going to be sore” after Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the teams, then was a little less vague about his plans to go low on Wallace.

“I’m cutting him,” Stewart said.

That got the attention of Steelers guard Ramon Foster, who asked that the league office keep an eye on Stewart.

“You put that kind of stuff out there, that just gives you a bigger bullseye,” Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully the refs will be looking at that. The league needs to look at that because that’s making a bounty. So, you want to talk about safety? Address that. Take a stand on that. They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him.”

Stewart said he will keep it “between the lines, between the whistles” but told reporters that Wallace “better not come at me.”

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Stewart is an idiot for saying that if he did indeed say that.
    Yea I understand how he feels but by putting that out there he now has made it more likely our defense gets called for a penalty by just playing regular physical even if it has nothing to do with that "beef"

Pretty disappointed in Stewart and his lack of game smarts there

Hope someone on the staff talks to him about how that mouth may cost us in some way Sunday

No reason to make that public...
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Yea I pointed out how this article lead to the stupid Pitt News article in this thread

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...azette-Article

I have seen nothing about a bounty...irresponsible journalism to use that word.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...roncos-bounty/

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 13, 2016, 9:23 PM EST

A hit by Steelers center Cody Wallace ended the season of Broncos safety David Bruton when the teams met in the regular season last month.

Broncos safety Darian Stewart told reporters this week that Wallace is “going to be sore” after Sunday’s AFC divisional playoff game between the teams, then was a little less vague about his plans to go low on Wallace.

“I’m cutting him,” Stewart said.

That got the attention of Steelers guard Ramon Foster, who asked that the league office keep an eye on Stewart.

“You put that kind of stuff out there, that just gives you a bigger bullseye,” Foster said, per the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Hopefully the refs will be looking at that. The league needs to look at that because that’s making a bounty. So, you want to talk about safety? Address that. Take a stand on that. They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him.”

Stewart said he will keep it “between the lines, between the whistles” but told reporters that Wallace “better not come at me.”
    This part: "They made a bounty on a guy who hadn’t done anything to him." is the worst to me. Is he right Wallace didn't do any thing to stewart directly? Yes, but he took a cheap shot at his safety brethren so from that stand point he attacked his "family" 100%. As long as Stewart doesn't do anything outside the rules of football I am 100% okay with what he said.
    Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 01-15-2016 at 08:23 AM.

To me a bounty is if someone gets paid to get said person or thing. I did not hear any payments given to put a hit on said player. To me this is just billboard material. Oh and here is the definition of Bounty:

plural bounties

: something that is given generously

: liberality in giving : generosity

: yield especially of a crop

: a reward, premium, or subsidy especially when offered or given by a government: as

a : an extra allowance to induce entry into the armed services

b : a grant to encourage an industry

c : a payment to encourage the destruction of noxious animals

d : a payment for the capture of or assistance in the capture of an outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Pitt is a dirty team, but when the tables are turned and teams get physical with them they cry foul. Their crap is annoying. Not only are their players dirty so are their coaches.
    This exactly. They are like the brother that picks and picks at you in the back seat, then when you get sick of it and pick back, he cries "mommy, he's picking on me." I hate that entire organization, always have. I live in Ohio and their fans ooze out of every trailer park in the area. I hope we embarrass them, and leave them beat up and wishing they were born as women.