Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,565
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    The mindset is that to win a super bowl, you know you have to get lucky along the way. Usually, teams don't win the Super Bowl by playing 3 or 4 games that are down to the wire. Obviously it can happen and has happened. But, as a Broncos fan first, then an NFL fan. You should always be happy about getting lucky. The whole idea of a fan claiming that they want to face this other team at their best is only for those who pretend like it makes them more noble of a fan. But, it isn't a smart fan. If the best player on each team does not face the Broncos and the Broncos win a super bowl, I will be just as happy as if they beat them with those players. A ring is a ring. There is nothing on that ring that says, "Super Bowl 50, *Didnt play against Antonio Brown*"
    I totally agree.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Agreed, except your last point. There was still enough time that the steelers could run one more play to pick up a few more yards for a field goal. So anything could have happened at that point. While not the most likely. I bet most people thought it was unlikely the steelers get in that position right before Jeremy hill fumbled.
    Look aint nobody arguing that you can fix stupid..when the Cinny guy ran recovered the fumble and ran down the tunnel that was nothing more then the football Gods saying..look at this idiot..we gonna have some fun with them now..but dude when the refs allowed the Steelers coach to not only come on the field , a coach that didn't belong on the field, but proceeded to talk smack and then pull the Cinny player's hair and did nothing about it ..Naw that's some mess right there..

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I would say Von Miler disagrees with you..all year the guy has been held in games and no call, but the minute the Broncos touch a guy..boom whistle,,
    Funny how facts make a person change their argument to another issue. But seriously, you actually believe the refs, the NFL choose to penalize Von Miller more than some other player? Give one rational reason why they would do this? This stuff is just twilight zone thinking.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    The mindset is that to win a super bowl, you know you have to get lucky along the way. Usually, teams don't win the Super Bowl by playing 3 or 4 games that are down to the wire. Obviously it can happen and has happened. But, as a Broncos fan first, then an NFL fan. You should always be happy about getting lucky. The whole idea of a fan claiming that they want to face this other team at their best is only for those who pretend like it makes them more noble of a fan. But, it isn't a smart fan. If the best player on each team does not face the Broncos and the Broncos win a super bowl, I will be just as happy as if they beat them with those players. A ring is a ring. There is nothing on that ring that says, "Super Bowl 50, *Didnt play against Antonio Brown*"
    I understand your point completely. Usually one component of a SB winning team is that they stayed healthy. Catching a break or two in the game or having an opponent injured is "getting lucky." Its not the Broncos fault and every player on the field is a professional. I guess i was reacting to the "rejoicing" over the injury. Brown is an amazing talent and has a great rep.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,099
    Quote Originally Posted by baroquenspirit View Post
    This mindset escapes me.
    Hey, I can only type it for you.

    I can't "understand" it for you.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,110
    Quote Originally Posted by baroquenspirit View Post
    Funny how facts make a person change their argument to another issue. But seriously, you actually believe the refs, the NFL choose to penalize Von Miller more than some other player? Give one rational reason why they would do this? This stuff is just twilight zone thinking.
    I'm not the refs.. I cant think of 1 single reason why they call horse hooey plays that are blatantly the wrong call especially when they get paid to call the game right.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Agreed, except your last point. There was still enough time that the steelers could run one more play to pick up a few more yards for a field goal. So anything could have happened at that point. While not the most likely. I bet most people thought it was unlikely the steelers get in that position right before Jeremy hill fumbled.
    So you are saying it is likely the Steelers ran that play with Big Ben dislocated shoulder, stopped the clock and made the FG?

    Are you a Steeler fan because that sounds like a Yellow and Black tinted glasses opinion to me

    Not that important to me either way...just seemed obvious to me that most likely the Steelers do not win that game....I mean anything is possible on any given play...Cinc could have gotten a pick six on that last play...but being realistic about what was probable....

    imo if AB does not get hit to the head...Pitt does not get either of the two penalties and have to pick up 15 yards for a max range FG attempt with their Qb hurt.

    Too many long shots in there for me to say it was probable

    Talking about what is can happen? Well Sea is still in the playoffs because a kicker could not make a 27 yard FG....calling a max range FG likely...uh I dunno
    Vic Fangio "Von Miller can play better than he has ever played in his career"
    Preventing Death by Inches

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,115
    Expect PIT to play even harder and more focused with Brown out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •