Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 361
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greeley, Co
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    quickly and got back up.
    This is the part you are looking for. Not touched. Got back up. Made the throw. End of story.
    My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/TheJRTrax

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Why he gives us a better chance to win. Manning has experience and a better head, but Oz has a better arm and opens up the offense. This offense had great field position all day and we needed a fumble to turn the game around.If his name isn't Manning, he wouldn't be starting and shouldn't be in many peoples eyes. It should be who gives us the best chance, and I gave PFM benefit of doubt coming in today, but I am more convinced then ever he is not our best chance. I will support whoever starts but to ask people to give it up after a performance like today against the 30th ranked pass D, you may as well ask them to ignore the elepahant in the room. Cause its their and deservingly so.
    I don't think today's game, win or loss was about our QB. Manning did a better job than the stats indicate, other players did not execute and it reflected on Manning. In the end the QB made a difference.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    588
    We all know he gave himself up. Manning turtled up and expected someone to be there to touch him. When nobody did he got back up and made a play. Another second and the refs probably blow the whistle. The Broncos got a break but hopefully it got through to Manning that he doesn't always have to tuck tail on a play and give up a phantom sack. He can make a play.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    The funny part was is to most every Denver fan if they are being honest, they thought it was the phantom sack that manning takes all the time. We are incredibly lucky that he wasn't called down there.

    Os does not go down there, or to the harrison sack either.
    No QB who is not yet collecting social security goes down there! You are correct. Pat yourself on the back!!!

    I THOUGHT HE WAS DOWN!!! When the play happened live I screamed at my wife, "There goes PM with the efiin self sack!!!" Then he got up and threw the ball for the first down.

    We are lucky he wasn't called down, true. If I recall correctly the play was reviewed, and he clearly wasn't touched.


    Whatever.

    When you have the spokes person for Geritol as our QB **** like this is gonna happen.

    Next week, New England.

    OH ****!

    LOL

    I want the Broncos to win. I die a little bit whenever we lose in the playoffs.

    Unfortunately I'm not so ****ing stupid, I'm not such a ****ing HOMER to understand the daunting task ahead of us.

    This offense is awesomely impotent.

    Our #1 defense was handcuffed today by it's own organization.

    I'm scratching my head and wondering what the **** is going to happen next week, but knowing full well it really depends on what this lame coaching staff decides to do.

    Note to self: When you hire your "friends" sometimes strange things happen.

    LOL.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    I still can't quite understand why some of us as Broncos fans aren't happy with a playoff win?
    I don't know. So tired of all the negativity, so tired of all the bashing on Manning and the comparisons between our QB's. It just is such a downer. I just don't understand it. We won and people were predicting a one and done and it didn't happen. We are hosting the AFCCG. It feels like we lost for Pete's sake.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    I still can't quite understand why some of us as Broncos fans aren't happy with a playoff win?
    I think it's because we know the effort they showed today won't be good enough to win next week. We had hope after the Broncos had two weeks off and playing an injury riddled Steelers team that they wouldn't play so soft and mediocre.

    It's hard to be happy when your hopes are stomped on and torn to shreds.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by gmjones2001 View Post
    No QB who is not yet collecting social security goes down there! You are correct. Pat yourself on the back!!!

    I THOUGHT HE WAS DOWN!!! When the play happened live I screamed at my wife, "There goes PM with the efiin self sack!!!" Then he got up and threw the ball for the first down.

    We are lucky he wasn't called down, true. If I recall correctly the play was reviewed, and he clearly wasn't touched.


    Whatever.

    When you have the spokes person for Geritol as our QB **** like this is gonna happen.

    Next week, New England.

    OH ****!

    LOL

    I want the Broncos to win. I die a little bit whenever we lose in the playoffs.

    Unfortunately I'm not so ****ing stupid, I'm not such a ****ing HOMER to understand the daunting task ahead of us.

    This offense is awesomely impotent.

    Our #1 defense was handcuffed today by it's own organization.

    I'm scratching my head and wondering what the **** is going to happen next week, but knowing full well it really depends on what this lame coaching staff decides to do.

    Note to self: When you hire your "friends" sometimes strange things happen.

    LOL.
    Ultimate Negative Nancy post. Your team is going to the AFCCG...at home, against a team they beat already...at home...with a backup qb. C'mon man.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    3,380
    We suffered here for 3 hours! Got a big win and the BRONCOS are playing for a Championship! I have watched them all and look forward to next week!
    Great team win against a Nasty Steeler team.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,440
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Different games always adopt different identities. Same opponent outcomes/scores/situations rarely correlate with previous contests. Teams are not given two wins when they beat a division foe they will see later in the season. Also, same reason why team x beat team y, therefore team z will beat team y since they beat team x does not apply.

    This is very basic stuff. Really, waste your time with other bad arguments. Get a bit creative and think. It won't hurt.
    Thanks Mr. Einstein. Again, just cause you say its so don't mean it is. Yep I'm sure things did change. Like them down to their 3rd running back and Brown out. Their is never going to be an exact measure to go one against the other. But playing the same team with the same personnel is about as close as you can get. Oz put in TD's and was more effective against the same D. IF our D had played this way against them in the first game, Oz would have a W in that one too. Yep every game is different, just like every play is. But you can look at a game as whole and the play throughout the game as a whole and evaluate how effective a player/unit is. Our O was much more effective with Oz against the STeelers 30th ranked pass D then Manning. Now we have to play the Patriots who have the 9th overall D and the 17th rated passing offense. I do not want to go back and fourth with you on who should start cause I think we both know each others answers. But if you are happy with the way the O just played going into facing the Patriots in the Championship game, then you are really a homer imo. I have not control over who will play so I will root for whoever does and hope for the best. But to ignore how ineffective our O was all game with great field position against the 30th ranked pass D is just ignoring the elephant in the room.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 01-17-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    164
    Don't understand the obsession with 'gave himself up'?? The gave himself up play almost always is referenced when a QB is running and slides feet first to avoid a hit. Thats not what happened here. He went down lunging forward to avoid a backside rusher and got back up with no, absolutely NO hesitation and was never touched. Great play and good awareness. The OLine was keeping the rushers on the front side in check. No one was in a position to jump on or touch Manning and the whistle had not blown.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,440
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I don't think today's game, win or loss was about our QB. Manning did a better job than the stats indicate, other players did not execute and it reflected on Manning. In the end the QB made a difference.
    Well I respectfully disagree, the D made the difference imho.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,024
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I don't know. So tired of all the negativity, so tired of all the bashing on Manning and the comparisons between our QB's. It just is such a downer. I just don't understand it. We won and people were predicting a one and done and it didn't happen. We are hosting the AFCCG. It feels like we lost for Pete's sake.
    Too many people have become emotionally invested in their own opinions rather than the football team. That probably comes from making stupid absolutist posts that are difficult to argue with. So people mostly don't bother refuting them. Then, when reality *****-slaps them, I guess it can sting a lttle.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    We all know he gave himself up. Manning turtled up and expected someone to be there to touch him. When nobody did he got back up and made a play. Another second and the refs probably blow the whistle. The Broncos got a break but hopefully it got through to Manning that he doesn't always have to tuck tail on a play and give up a phantom sack. He can make a play.
    He totally gave himself up. It was like Orton all over again, except Manning got back up and made a play.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Well I respectfully disagree, the D made the difference imho.
    The D and special teams.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,923
    Quote Originally Posted by JRTrax View Post
    Anyone that thinks he was down is full of it. He was never touched. You have to be touched to be down by contact. Simple rules. Manning may or may not have given himself up but point still stands. No one touched him. He stood up and completed a pass. The hell? I thought you guys were Broncos fans? Contact has to be made to be down. That is that.
    Except that isn't true, you can give yourself up and be down without being touched. Happens every time someone takes a knee. Manning does it to protect himself, players touch him just to make sure he's ruled down.

    Either way I didn't think he was giving himself up, I thought his foot slipped when he stepped up and he fell down. Good for him to get up and fire a pass to Sanders though. Ultimately it didn't matter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •