Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 154
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Finally about to start The Way of Kings
    Better hurry man, a sizable chunk of the third book will be up for reading on Tor.com starting tomorrow I'm giddy with anticipation


  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    So the prelude was good, but it was such a tease.

    I'm about 7 hours into the 45 hour audiobook of The Way of Kings.


  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    13,043
    Well of ascension starts out pretty slow, finally starting to pick up though

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So the prelude was good, but it was such a tease.

    I'm about 7 hours into the 45 hour audiobook of The Way of Kings.
    Well waiting for the reread before starting the early chapters didn't work. Sitting about page 650ish of 1050 pages in way of the king but just finished reading the prelude and fist 3 chapters. Prelude was interesting I'm guessing book 5 will be from gavilars perspective, not sure about book 4.

    First 3 chapters were okay some interesting things and informal. Plus the flashback chapter was a fun read.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Well waiting for the reread before starting the early chapters didn't work. Sitting about page 650ish of 1050 pages in way of the king but just finished reading the prelude and fist 3 chapters. Prelude was interesting I'm guessing book 5 will be from gavilars perspective, not sure about book 4.

    First 3 chapters were okay some interesting things and informal. Plus the flashback chapter was a fun read.
    I forgot about it until just now, I'll have to check it out at home. I'm midway through re-listening to Way of Kings. Another 20 hours left.


  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    I'm really starting to regret my decision to read the preview chapters. On the one hand, oh my god the new chapters are AWESOME...On the other hand oh my god the new chapters are AWESOME and now I have to wait a week for the next 3 chapters...

    fiddlesticks....

    I think Kelsier and Kalidin would get a long well. You know, they both hate nobles and like punching people


  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm really starting to regret my decision to read the preview chapters. On the one hand, oh my god the new chapters are AWESOME...On the other hand oh my god the new chapters are AWESOME and now I have to wait a week for the next 3 chapters...

    fiddlesticks....

    I think Kelsier and Kalidin would get a long well. You know, they both hate nobles and like punching people
    I remember reading chapter 5 a long time so waiting how it continued was hard just to have another cliffhanger and the next 3 chapters probably won't continue it leaving me waiting multiple weeks to see how it is resolved.

    Butt finished way of kings and staying up words and than edge dancer and hopefully the book will be out by than.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I remember reading chapter 5 a long time so waiting how it continued was hard just to have another cliffhanger and the next 3 chapters probably won't continue it leaving me waiting multiple weeks to see how it is resolved.

    Butt finished way of kings and staying up words and than edge dancer and hopefully the book will be out by than.
    I actually have not read edge dancer yet. I probably should. I'm almost to Sadius's betrayal in Way of Kings and then i'm going to start WoR next.


  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I actually have not read edge dancer yet. I probably should. I'm almost to Sadius's betrayal in Way of Kings and then i'm going to start WoR next.
    Sucks that the edge dancer doesn't come out till late and the only way is in arcanum unbound which had a collection of stories I already had. But needed my fix even if it was a lift centered short story

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,284
    Another great grouping of chapters and now the wait till next week lol.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Another great grouping of chapters and now the wait till next week lol.
    Haven't read it yet...Been on vacation since Monday and forgot. I'll catch it at work tomorrow.


  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Read Kal's chapter before bed. Man the reveal of the shardblade was a great moment. The baby brother thing was awesome as well. I got started on Shallan, but man I gotta go to bed.


  13. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Read Kal's chapter before bed. Man the reveal of the shardblade was a great moment. The baby brother thing was awesome as well. I got started on Shallan, but man I gotta go to bed.
    Yeah I'm glad with how he handled that chapter with him knowing he has to be better. And not going to lie I almost forgot about the chapters since I moved last Friday and than the broncos game Monday night. Remembered when is Brandon post it on facebook lol

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    Another murder huh. Seems like someone saw Adolin make the original kill and is doing copy cat killings to pin those killings on him.


  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    23,427
    I find the idea of Syl being a cheerleader on the headboard rather humorous.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •