Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Oathbringer spoilers ahead

So Dalinar wife reveal at the end was an interesting reveal. Guessing it had to do with getting remarried would be my guess. And watching his past catch up to him making it hard to unite them all will be something to look forward to.

Kaladin's chapter and the setting of being a slave is building into a nice building block of the parshmen. And his story slowing building to something with that void spren should be fun.

And Shallan chapter was a fun read with her getting drunk and het slowly shifting into veil. And a copy cat murderer on the loose that can copy a previous kill exactly will be interesting to see who it end up being. I wonder if it is a void spren in their numbers or could it be a radiant doing it without knowing what they are doing. Like trapped in a vision seeing the murder done but they are actually doing it real life.
    I'm leaning towards void spren. I have a gut feeling Adolin will be Odium's Champion. I'm thinking we'll figure this out at the end of part one (in the last preview chapter before release)

On Dalinar, I think it was a combo of the stormlight, and getting remarried that allowed him to want to have those parts of his mind healed. (Similar to how Kaladin won't heal his scars because in his mind he's still a slave, up until now, Dalinar wouldn't heal his mind because he was still married to Evi, now that he's remarried, his mind is ready to move past that allowing him to heal.)
    Last edited by Freyaka; 10-04-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Ugh...I wish I hadn't started these. I mean don't get me wrong, I love them, but I am always left wanting a lot more. The Kaladin chapters are always too short. I liked the flashback chapter. Dalinar killing the assassin to get a knife for his pork was funny (and kinda disgusting really)

Pattern lol "No mating" I spit my drink out at that part. And Mriaze is back...neat...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Ugh...I wish I hadn't started these. I mean don't get me wrong, I love them, but I am always left wanting a lot more. The Kaladin chapters are always too short. I liked the flashback chapter. Dalinar killing the assassin to get a knife for his pork was funny (and kinda disgusting really)

Pattern lol "No mating" I spit my drink out at that part. And Mriaze is back...neat...
    Yeah I'm fully expecting Kaladin's part to be the large climax for the first part. His chapters are short but it would make sense as it is trying to advance his past and show a little of the parshmen and provably create a conflict between Kaladin's deciding who to protect and who to fight. But the void spren could cause some problems and the storm being a few days away makes it perfect got the first part climax.

I think Shallan will tie into Adolin being find as the killer either through him teller her or her finding out. And I think Ialai is part of the ghostbloods which is how she is able to get so much information and has her network of spies. But I don't see a huge climax coming from her chapters.

Dalinar I could see king t showing up with Jasnah as his knight and bring the big part for his arc. Which would be big but is it more of a here is a big reveal which would suck with it hitting right before the book is released which would make the reread of the first part almost skippable and the interludes would be interesting to see who ends up being the repeating character.

But only 4 more weeks of the Preview chapters and the book the week after but I font remember how many chapters part 1 was because we might not get a full 3 chapters that last week of it would go past part 1.

And doesn't help that a week after that comes white sand volume 2 comes out.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah I'm fully expecting Kaladin's part to be the large climax for the first part. His chapters are short but it would make sense as it is trying to advance his past and show a little of the parshmen and provably create a conflict between Kaladin's deciding who to protect and who to fight. But the void spren could cause some problems and the storm being a few days away makes it perfect got the first part climax.

I think Shallan will tie into Adolin being find as the killer either through him teller her or her finding out. And I think Ialai is part of the ghostbloods which is how she is able to get so much information and has her network of spies. But I don't see a huge climax coming from her chapters.

Dalinar I could see king t showing up with Jasnah as his knight and bring the big part for his arc. Which would be big but is it more of a here is a big reveal which would suck with it hitting right before the book is released which would make the reread of the first part almost skippable and the interludes would be interesting to see who ends up being the repeating character.

But only 4 more weeks of the Preview chapters and the book the week after but I font remember how many chapters part 1 was because we might not get a full 3 chapters that last week of it would go past part 1.

And doesn't help that a week after that comes white sand volume 2 comes out.
    I still need to get around to White Sand volume 1.

Pretty solid chapters this week. Still not a lot of meat on the bones of the Kaladin chapters. So much for Yasnah showing up with Taravangean.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Pretty solid chapters this week. Still not a lot of meat on the bones of the Kaladin chapters. So much for Yasnah showing up with Taravangean.
    Yeah decent chapters and we get to see a new surgebinder in a releaser/dustbringer so be interesting to see how they are. Big time working with king T. Be interesting to see if she has different motives since she is working with king T.

Kaladin's chapter continues to be short but getting a little on that spren was interesting but just continues to be a tease.

And Shallan had the interesting tidbit about that darkness being in the tower.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future