Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Statistics don't lie and that is why Denver wins this game, sorry NE

I've read all I need to about offense and defensive stats for both teams, and I'm not going to quote any of the stats but if Denver's defense keeps NE in check like we know they can, defense wins games. My money is going to go on Denver. Manning will move the ball well enough to get points on the board. I hope they keep feeding NE all the bull about how lame our team is. This is not some kind of Cinderella magic, but the best defense this team has EVER had and I believe for one that they have talent and not luck on their side and will not cheat to win this game but will simply outplay NE in every facet of the game. And finally remember everyone, as I'm SURE that all 53 members on this team come Sunday will that

"Lifes battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man but sooner or later (this sunday) the one who wins is the one who thinks HE CAN"

Need I say more.

Statistics don't lie but you're not going to provide any.... statistics?

I am nervous, anxious, and REALLY want a SUPER BOWL VICTORY!!!

🎏🎏🐟🐟

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    LOL. When I read the title I was thinking I would have to wade through a bunch of stats, then get some counter-stats, but...

The one stat I find alarming: Brady leads Manning in TD passes in Denver this year 3-1. Manning leads in INT's 8-0. Yea that's a 1-8 TD/ INT ratio for Manning at home this year. Broncos should start Brock.

What stats are you referring to?

How about this stat: Brady is undefeated in the postseason against #1 ranked defenses. All of these games were on the road.

As someone who actually values statistical analysis to make football predictions, I was looking forward to this thread. Now I think it may be the stupidest thread of the year.

If you are going to provide statistics, provide statistics. For example, the Bronco defense led the league in points/drive (1.43) and yards/drive (24.47), which are two very important metrics. But the Patriots defense is very good too, leading the league in three-and-outs/drive (31.5%), which is another important metric. Give us something!

Here is one.

In the Brady / Manning post season matchup history...
    NEITHER QB has ever lost at home.

EVER.
    -
    I think Peyton is playing this week at.... HOME.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Here is one.

In the Brady / Manning post season matchup history...
    NEITHER QB has ever lost at home.

EVER.
    -
    I think Peyton is playing this week at.... HOME.
    But will it be sub-40 degrees?

EDIT: Oh, stat... Manning is 0-5 in playoff games with temps sub 40 degrees.
    Last edited by furi0usbee; 01-20-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylan View Post
    We are going to win, but statistics can be manipulated any way you feel...they aren't infallible.

Quote Originally Posted by furi0usbee View Post
    But will it be sub-40 degrees?

EDIT: Oh, stat... Manning is 0-5 in playoff games with temps sub 40 degrees.
    No problem that is why we have a backup who can play well enough to win. Manning is better suited to play against the Pats but if he does falter we have a backup who can jump in and take care of business.

Noone doubts that the Broncos Defense is great. However i would argue that the Broncos offense is pedestrian, especially with Manning who has iirc the worst QB rating in the NFL this season. While when healthy the Patriots Def actually lead the league in PPG and even somewhat beat up held Denver scoreless until late in the 1st half after Hightower left the game. That game the Broncos were under 3ypc on 15 runs with Hightower in the game and 15 ypc on 15 runs without him in the game.

Also from that game the Patriots were reasonably successful moving the ball and scoring points without their top 2 WR.

So i totally disagree with OP because its more likely that Patriots Def keeps Broncos in check like we know they can and that the Patriots will move the ball to put points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    I've read all I need to about offense and defensive stats for both teams, and I'm not going to quote any of the stats but if Denver's defense keeps NE in check like we know they can, defense wins games. My money is going to go on Denver. Manning will move the ball well enough to get points on the board. I hope they keep feeding NE all the bull about how lame our team is. This is not some kind of Cinderella magic, but the best defense this team has EVER had and I believe for one that they have talent and not luck on their side and will not cheat to win this game but will simply outplay NE in every facet of the game. And finally remember everyone, as I'm SURE that all 53 members on this team come Sunday will that

"Lifes battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man but sooner or later (this sunday) the one who wins is the one who thinks HE CAN"

Need I say more.
    Soooo, where are your stats to back up your thread? Like Ditka said, " Stats are for idiots".

My favorite stat for the AFCCG is 5,280' asl.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Stats are so overrated. Any team can wield their stats to their favor.

The team the WANTS it more and doesn't turn it over will win.
    Who is going to win? I have no clue, but I like the Broncos chances.