Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First time to Denver for a game

I am looking at attending the game this weekend from Canada. I have been a diehard Bronco's fan since I was 7 years old. Also I am a huge Peyton fan for various reasons. I would love nothing more to see him and Brady duke it out live. Has anyone attended a game on their own. It is last mins and my wife will have to be home looking after the kids. Where would someone go pregame that is own their own. I am looking to enjoy the entire game day experience. Post game where to go. Also where to stay that is close by the stadium. I am looking for something that isn't too big of cab ride as I want to have a good time and not worry about getting to and from the stadium. Thanks in advance. Go Broncos

I live in the Denver area. Your best options are going to be south of the stadium in the Tech Center area. It is about a 10-15 minute cab ride to the stadium with traffic. It will give you the best range of options of hotels and restaurants. The stadium sits on the west side of I-25. Most of the night life is further in town to the east and not within walking distance. For a Broncos experience, Brooklyn's might be your best bet as it is not far and usually full of 20-30-something getting their drunk on before and after the game. You will overpay and wait ridiculously long for your beers to come around, but the place is usually packed.

Down in the Tech Center is Shanahan's at 25 and Belleview and some higher end places. There are also a lot of local bars in the Belleview/25 area where people will 'fuel up' at before taking the light rail up. So, you have many choices, but the Tech Center area, in my opinion, is the way to go and how I would go. There is nothing north and west. So, if you do your own investigation, start south and explore east.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Pregaming, you should check out Strange Brewing Co. Not too far a hike from the stadium and they have amazing beer. Also there are several fans from here meeting up, so keep an eye out for that.

Hooray, beer!

Mile High Station is also a better bar to go to than Brookyln's.

Hooray, beer!

I've attended games on my own. Just walk around the tailgating area and make some friends.

Two words; Casa Bonita. Up on Colfax, west of the stadium. Fine spanish cuisine and alcoholic beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Mile High Station is also a better bar to go to than Brookyln's.
    I second that (if you're not tailgating)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Two words; Casa Bonita. Up on Colfax, west of the stadium. Fine spanish cuisine and alcoholic beverages.
    C'mon man! Don't do that to the poor guy!

CP for that!

You don't necessarily have to stay near the stadium, unless you want to. When I go to games I just look for a decent hotel in downtown and make sure the hotel has a shuttle that drops and picks you up at Sports Authority for free. Getting dropped off is usually easy, but getting picked up is a little harder because it's so crazy after games. Last time I just took an Uber back to the hotel and I don't remember it being an unreasonable amount.

Have fun! I'm jealous!!

When we had tickets, we used to park at the Auraria campus next to downtown and the walk was fine. You really can stay downtown and walk to the game (weather may make it tougher). There is also the Hotel VQ right next to the stadium (to the North). We stayed there a long time ago (New Years Eve, before a Ozzie concert at McNichols arena) and the location was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    There isn't a hotel next to the stadium. Those are now dorms for Metro
    Holy crap!!!! I need to get back to Denver, thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
    When we had tickets, we used to park at the Auraria campus next to downtown and the walk was fine. You really can stay downtown and walk to the game (weather may make it tougher). There is also the Hotel VQ right next to the stadium (to the North). We stayed there a long time ago (New Years Eve, before a Ozzie concert at McNichols arena) and the location was awesome.
    No longer a hotel. They have been converted to market rate micro apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
    Holy crap!!!! I need to get back to Denver, thanks for the update.
    I deleted my post because I wasn't sure if they've been converted yet, but as Rod80 said, they're micro apartments.

There's another place down the street (you can see it from I-25) that used to be a big hotel and those are the ones that were made into dorms, I believe

My first time seeing Denver at home as well. Can't wait. Thanks for the pre/post bar info!

Thanks for the info. I've also read about the Mexican place enough on here. I don't think will attempt that LOL