Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by furi0usbee View Post
    But will it be sub-40 degrees?

EDIT: Oh, stat... Manning is 0-5 in playoff games with temps sub 40 degrees.
    didn't the broncos win last week against pittsburgh?

Good thing it's going to be 48 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Good thing it's going to be 48 degrees
    Local weather forecast shows cooler temperatures and possible snow: https://twitter.com/9NEWSWeather/sta...11940101591040

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
    Noone doubts that the Broncos Defense is great. However i would argue that the Broncos offense is pedestrian, especially with Manning who has iirc the worst QB rating in the NFL this season. While when healthy the Patriots Def actually lead the league in PPG and even somewhat beat up held Denver scoreless until late in the 1st half after Hightower left the game. That game the Broncos were under 3ypc on 15 runs with Hightower in the game and 15 ypc on 15 runs without him in the game.

Also from that game the Patriots were reasonably successful moving the ball and scoring points without their top 2 WR.

So i totally disagree with OP because its more likely that Patriots Def keeps Broncos in check like we know they can and that the Patriots will move the ball to put points on the board.
    A) Hightower is still injured and wont be 100%

B) The whole point of establishing a run game is akin to a boxer delivering body blows. You endure the first half failures of 2-3 ypc.... In an effort to wear down a defense (which is amplified in the mile high attitude) and then BOOM... When it matters most... Game on line.... 4th quarter... You run run run.

We saw thus just last week with PIT (5th best rush defense in football)... Trailing 13-12... Manning nearly throws a pick... What does Peyton do? Well, he cant be a goat if he hands it off... And DEN jammed ball right into the endzone.

So... Hightower or no Hightower... We shall see if DEN can repeat this formula.

Oh... And IF NE sells out to stop the run... We'll take our chances with man coverage (Butler on DT and Logan on ES)...

Finally... NE has a double advantage this time bc they have DA and JE back, and DEN is without Bruton and both Marshall and Harris are not at full strength. However, we know you cannot cover JE and Gronk anyway...

This game will be decided by Von and D-Ware, Malik Jax, D-Wolfe, Sly Will, Vance Walker, Antonio Smith. If DEN can consistently and constantly get pressure rushing 4... We have a great chance. All this talk about 2.8 seconds (other than telling me how long a PATS fan lasts in the.... ) misses the entire point: you're still allowe to hit the QB after he releases ball, as long as it occurs within a reasonable timeframe. So, we must make sure after each 5 yard pass we still put Brady on his butt.

If we hit him 5-10 times... History shows he begins to unravel a bit. Then, you get the occasional OL blowup that gets a sack... Force a third and long and get a sack.... Blitz and catch them on the right play and get a sack.

Point is... If DEN makes life uncomfortable for TB with their 4 rushers... Denver can cover with 8....

Either way... NE will have the ball with a chance to win the game at some point... Our defense will need a stand to stamp the victory.

Trust me: the Broncos will play their best offensive game of the year. The only thing I fear is an early turnover that gives NE points/momentum...

"Manning" was 0-5? Really? He had to play against an NFL team, all by himself?

First I've heard of that.

Clearly, those who want to comfort themselves in the fiction that Peyton Manning can't play in the cold weren't at the 2013 Tennessee game when it was 11 degrees on the field.

Manning was 39 of 59 for 397 yards, 66.1%, 4 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions, and a 107.8 QB Rating, in that Victory.

So much for the "cold theory". I know the "Truth", as I was there.

Objective stats, here you go.

Factors in favor of Peyton:

Peyton is 3-0 in home AFCCG, Brady is 0-2 vs Peyton since 2006 and all their playoff meetings, the home QB has won between Peyton and Brady. Besides, Brady has beaten the Broncos in Denver when their QBs have been Tim Tebow and Danny Kanell for a 2-6 record in Denver. Fumbilitis, weird things etc. have happened to the Patriots in Denver.

Factors in favor of Brady:

Past means nothing to them. 10 years since winning a SB, they went ahead and did it last year. 11 years since winning a road AFCCG, it will not faze Brady or the Patriots and you would think they may be due.

Irrelevant fact: Brady is 0-4 vs the Manning family, he shudders playing a Manning in the playoffs since 2006, bwahahaha!!!

Biggest Fact - None of it matters on Sunday
    Last edited by chad72; 01-20-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    "Manning" was 0-5? Really? He had to play against an NFL team, all by himself?

First I've heard of that.

Clearly, those who want to comfort themselves in the fiction that Peyton Manning can't play in the cold weren't at the 2013 Tennessee game when it was 11 degrees on the field.

Manning was 39 of 59 for 397 yards, 66.1%, 4 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions, and a 107.8 QB Rating, in that Victory.

So much for the "cold theory". I know the "Truth", as I was there.
    For what it is worth, it will be close to 50 degrees F on Sunday afternoon when the Broncos play the Patriots with minimal wind and probably a 10% chance of precipitation of any kind.

brady beat the number 1 defense in the super bowl last year.

Quote Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
    For what it is worth, it will be close to 50 degrees F on Sunday afternoon when the Broncos play the Patriots with minimal wind and probably a 10% chance of precipitation of any kind.
    They're actually saying 35-38 degrees at kickoff, dropping as the game goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by BradyTheGOAT View Post
    They're actually saying 35-38 degrees at kickoff, dropping as the game goes on...
    http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USCO0105:1:US

I just looked up Denver, CO, on weather.com, should I look up something else?

http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USCO0105:1:US

I just looked up Denver, CO, on weather.com, should I look up something else?
    Local weather forecast shows cooler temperatures and possible snow: https://twitter.com/9NEWSWeather/sta...11940101591040

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    brady beat the number 1 defense in the super bowl last year.
    That doesn't matter much to me because Peyton and the Colts beat the #1, #2 and #3 scoring Ds in 2006 en route to the SB run. I was shocked he handed off the ball a lot but guess what, that is what got him his SB ring, it works for me as a Colts fan.

Intellicast says 47 degrees, with a 20% chance of precipitation.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USCO0105

Wasn't it snowing a few weeks ago when we beat New England here in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by UntoTheBreach View Post
    Can never trust weather guys, we should know by now, LOL .

We will see how things hold up when game time comes along.

If the starting temp is below 40 degrees, Peyton should not even show up for the toss, you know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Intellicast says 47 degrees, with a 20% chance of precipitation.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USCO0105

Wasn't it snowing a few weeks ago when we beat New England here in Denver?
    different QB