Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 133
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Odomsfan View Post
    I've read all I need to about offense and defensive stats for both teams, and I'm not going to quote any of the stats but if Denver's defense keeps NE in check like we know they can, defense wins games. My money is going to go on Denver. Manning will move the ball well enough to get points on the board. I hope they keep feeding NE all the bull about how lame our team is. This is not some kind of Cinderella magic, but the best defense this team has EVER had and I believe for one that they have talent and not luck on their side and will not cheat to win this game but will simply outplay NE in every facet of the game. And finally remember everyone, as I'm SURE that all 53 members on this team come Sunday will that

    "Lifes battles don't always go to the strongest or fastest man but sooner or later (this sunday) the one who wins is the one who thinks HE CAN"

    Need I say more.
    You shouldn't need a single stat to be very concerned with a relatively healthy Pats offense coming into Denver and ending your Super Bowl dreams. It took Denver overtime to beat a depleted Patriots offense this season, news Flash, Payton can't keep pace, and when he tries, it's going to get ugly. Next Monday morning there will be a half dozen threads questioning, "Why did we start Payton???"

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta01 View Post
    You shouldn't need a single stat to be very concerned with a relatively healthy Pats offense coming into Denver and ending your Super Bowl dreams. It took Denver overtime to beat a depleted Patriots offense this season, news Flash, Payton can't keep pace, and when he tries, it's going to get ugly. Next Monday morning there will be a half dozen threads questioning, "Why did we start Payton???"
    How was NE's offense depleted? Did the next man up not make plays? Last I checked Brady threw 3 TDs in that game, 280 yards and no turnovers.. Please explain depleted.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    5,756
    Statistics may not lie but they can be misused.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    How was NE's offense depleted? Did the next man up not make plays? Last I checked Brady threw 3 TDs in that game, 280 yards and no turnovers.. Please explain depleted.
    You can't be this foolish are you? That's exactly what I mean, the next man up damn near beat you, and if not for a fumble by said man-up WR off the practice squad the Patriots would have. Now with the Pats top two Wr's playing, as well as Jamie Collins, well all I can say is, get ready to be disappointed.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    10,282
    NE might be healthier on offense, but they have injuries on defense this time... And DEN gets their NT, DE, SS this time!

    Gronk and JE will make plays... But this game is about what happens when their offense crosses the 35...

    It boils down to turnovers...

    It boils down to the DL for DEN... We must pressure Brady.

    NE is happy they avoid Big Ben. Sure. But the PiT pas defense would've been mauled in Foxboro. I know DEN loves having NE... They want to beat the best... If they are worthy... They beat Brady and BB... They've love the challenge...

    And, For me, I wouldn't want it any other way.. A healthy NE! If we beat them with statistically the worst QB in NFL... It just reinforces what Many have said about Brady being carried along for the ride those first 3 SBs.

    I respect and appreciate what NE has accomplished the last 15 years...

    Brady is a Yankees fan... That is 1 redeemable quality... And, like me, we both are married to Brazilian gals.

    No better team, or person, to beat for me right now...

    I am enjoying this week!!!!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-20-2016 at 01:20 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
    A) Hightower will play, played down the stretch last year with a torn labrum and made the superbowl saving tackle on Lynch on the goaline and he was great against KC and only missed about 1 series that they likely gave him to rest.

    B) Maybe but this was the play immediately after Hightower left the Broncos game...... https://vine.co/v/iem2aqBxOa3 . Hightower is quick enough to get there and make that tackle.

    Its gonna be the other way around. Ryan on DT and Butler on Sanders.

    The talk about 2.8 secs should be closer to 2.0 secs. Id love for those guys you mention to be stupid and give the pats free 15 yards with late hits.

    BB's defenses have a hisory of causing fits and shutting down both Manning and Kubiaks scheme while Brady has a history of shredding Wade Philips Def scheme. The mostly likely outcome for this game is Pats win going away. People forget the midseason game there was 3 fumbles and Denver recovered all 3. Recovering Fumbles isnt a skill as you cant practice how a ball will bounce.

    Midseason was a depleted team that got no bounces and every big call go against them and it still went to OT. Realistically this game shouldnt be close.
    Should the Pats have lost to Miami, realistically?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
    Noone doubts that the Broncos Defense is great. However i would argue that the Broncos offense is pedestrian, especially with Manning who has iirc the worst QB rating in the NFL this season. While when healthy the Patriots Def actually lead the league in PPG and even somewhat beat up held Denver scoreless until late in the 1st half after Hightower left the game. That game the Broncos were under 3ypc on 15 runs with Hightower in the game and 15 ypc on 15 runs without him in the game.

    Also from that game the Patriots were reasonably successful moving the ball and scoring points without their top 2 WR.

    So i totally disagree with OP because its more likely that Patriots Def keeps Broncos in check like we know they can and that the Patriots will move the ball to put points on the board.
    Pedestrian is an overstatement imo.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    If we had a healthy squad versus a patriots healthy squad? Same result. And welcome back, "hardwork"! Be careful!
    Not really. Pats are undefeated vs Denver since 2011 when both teams have been healthy (including a win in Denver.)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    Filling in the gaps here...

    Sherman was playing with one arm... Thomas was playing with a torn shoulder labrum... Chancellor was playing with a torn MCL. Jeremy Lane was the nickle CB that broke his wrist and torn up his knee after making the INT. His loss was the single-most important reason Seattle lost. His replacement, Marcus Burley, was dominated by Edelman and Amendola in the 4th quarter short passing game. Burley was out-matched and Wagner wasn't much help either.

    Only Earl and Lane has surgeries. Sherm's elbow and Chancellor's MCL healed without surgery.

    Avril left the game with a concussion in the 4th quarter and did not return.
    Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor all played, guy.

    Shall we bring up all the injuries Pats players played with in that game?

    -Hightower: torn labrum
    -LaFell: foot injury that forced him to wear a walking boot for most of the offseason and miss half of 2015
    -Edelman: hip inury
    -Stork: knee injury

    Enjoy the offseason!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Should the Pats have lost to Miami, realistically?
    Well, yes. They had most of their players out and played super conservatively so that they would not suffer any further injuries. Look at how many times they ran the ball, despite having no run game.

    They definitely should have lost.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    NE might be healthier on offense, but they have injuries on defense this time... And DEN gets their NT, DE, SS this time!

    Gronk and JE will make plays... But this game is about what happens when their offense crosses the 35...

    It boils down to turnovers...

    It boils down to the DL for DEN... We must pressure Brady.

    NE is happy they avoid Big Ben. Sure. But the PiT pas defense would've been mauled in Foxboro. I know DEN loves having NE... They want to beat the best... If they are worthy... They beat Brady and BB... They've love the challenge...

    And, For me, I wouldn't want it any other way.. A healthy NE! If we beat them with statistically the worst QB in NFL... It just reinforces what Many have said about Brady being carried along for the ride those first 3 SBs.

    I respect and appreciate what NE has accomplished the last 15 years...

    Brady is a Yankees fan... That is 1 redeemable quality... And, like me, we both are married to Brazilian gals.

    No better team, or person, to beat for me right now...

    I am enjoying this week!!!!
    What injuries on defense? Mayo has just been depth for us.

    It remains to be seen how hurt Hightower and Collins are. From reports, it shouldn't be anything serious. Hightower played through a torn labrum last year in the SB and was still a beast.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    195
    Another interesting useless stat...NE hasn't won a road playoff game since 2006.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    How was NE's offense depleted? Did the next man up not make plays? Last I checked Brady threw 3 TDs in that game, 280 yards and no turnovers.. Please explain depleted.
    Depleted: no Edelman, no Amendola, and Gronk was hurt at the end of the game while NE was driving and could have either run the clock or scored.

    That Brady had such a good game with only 1 weapon (which he did not have for a full game) is just a testament to his greatness.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by UntoTheBreach View Post
    Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor all played, guy.

    Shall we bring up all the injuries Pats players played with in that game?

    -Hightower: torn labrum
    -LaFell: foot injury that forced him to wear a walking boot for most of the offseason and miss half of 2015
    -Edelman: hip inury
    -Stork: knee injury

    Enjoy the offseason!
    They can't seem to face the reality that the Patriots almost beat them in their own house with the weakest roster they've had all season. Now with a much healthier roster and the Donks downgraded at QB to weak wristed Manning, it's going to be funny.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by UntoTheBreach View Post
    Not really. Pats are undefeated vs Denver since 2011 when both teams have been healthy (including a win in Denver.)
    Actually "hardwork", no they haven't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •