Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    If I'm picking 4th and I don't have Von I'm taking Myles Jack

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If I'm picking 4th and I don't have Von I'm taking Myles Jack
    Would be down with that pick also. Buckner reminds me of Calais Campbell, but Jack definitely could be something special and I could see going that way and a guy like Adolphus Washington in round 2.

This mock is more about the framework of not being able to keep VM or MJ and how we could funnel the money to OL and have a defense heavy draft. Grabbing 5 of the top 93 defensive players to maintain a top 5 defense for the long haul. Jack is a fine pick and depending on his length may even be a fit at OLB with his speed and athleticism...much like Clay Matthews.

Tunis could also fall to #4/5, which make for an interesting decision.

I just hope after today all our FAs have padded their resume with a SB championship and make it even harder to keep
    Last edited by MHSalute; 02-07-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Still think there's a chance Von isn't a bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Still think there's a chance Von isn't a bronco?
    Yes and once again I want him back 100%, but not sure we can resign him at what he is looking for. If anything, his performance made it tougher not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Yes and once again I want him back 100%, but not sure we can resign him at what he is looking for. If anything, his performance made it tougher not easier.
    He's going to be a bronco, dude.

He's going to be a bronco, dude.
    I agree, he's 100% staying a bronco now.

Your (MHSalute) replacement for Von would be a combination of Ray, Barrett and Calhoun.. How many game winning plays did we see from Ray? Barrett?

We saw it today - when Von goes 100%, he's unstoppable. Von's a Ferrari. You cant replace a Ferrari with 3 BMWs. You just cant.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBronc View Post
    I agree, he's 100% staying a bronco now.

Your (MHSalute) replacement for Von would be a combination of Ray, Barrett and Calhoun.. How many game winning plays did we see from Ray? Barrett?

We saw it today - when Von goes 100%, he's unstoppable. Von's a Ferrari. You cant replace a Ferrari with 3 BMWs. You just cant.
    For sure. I don't understand how anyone could possibly think Von isn't going to be a bronco. Unless someone offers something ridiculous like a top end player combined with 2 or 3 first rounders.

I would be okay letting Malik and Trev and Marshall walk just to keep Von, he is once in a lifetime player.

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    I would be okay letting Malik and Trev and Marshall walk just to keep Von, he is once in a lifetime player.
    No need to let marshal walk. He is a restricted free agent. Unless someone is parting with a first or a second depending on what the Broncos do with him, he will be a bronco.

I also think that people are forgetting that the salary cap is jumping like $10 million this year. Therefore you can literally pay Von with Peyton's money and then with that extra $10 million you can sign all of the restricted free agents and a David Bruton. I say let Jackson go and try to sign trev back. Then fix the oline with what we have left.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 02-08-2016 at 10:42 AM.

For sure. I don't understand how anyone could possibly think Von isn't going to be a bronco. Unless someone offers something ridiculous like a top end player combined with 2 or 3 first rounders.
    Because I do not know if Elway will use the exclusive tag on him. If he doesn't use the exclusive tag, then I could see a guy like Jerry Jones giving Miller a 50M signing bonus on a 10 year deal...probally something we cant do from a cash flow perspective.

I would say 90% probability Von is back and no one would be more thrilled then me, but we can still discuss alternatives for the 10% chance he gets an offer we just can't/shouldn't match.

Really like the Austin Johnson pick, I think he could turn out to be a steal if he's available then.

No way we let Von walk. That's crazy talk after last night. I hope we keep Ware, Von, MJ, Marshall, and Trev. We need to keep our D to go B2B.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    No way we let Von walk. That's crazy talk after last night. I hope we keep Ware, Von, MJ, Marshall, and Trev. We need to keep our D to go B2B.
    I think most people on this forum would like to keep all of them but with our offence struggling and needing a revamp through FA and the draft we need to save money somewhere to be able to do that

Please turn off the PS4

What do you have happening with Malik Jackson?
    Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com