Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry the Broncos aren't "underdogs"

All this media "hype" is out of control at this point and I keep seeing post after post after post about "shocking the world" or "pulling off the upset." lol are you guys freaking kidding me??? This team took the number one friggin seed with an injured THIRTY NINE yr old quarterback one half of the season and a mediocre backup the second half.

Nobody seems to remember how the Patriots crapped the bed when it counted most at the end of the season. All they've done since then is beat an overrated Chiefs team AT HOME and WITH A BYE. I don't care if their receiving core is healthy - spare me the apologia.

Belichick is always going to be hard to play against, but to say that we are actual underdogs here??? lol at home? with our defense? with a healthy and now very seemingly poised and in-control Manning?

Give me a break.
    fumpa.mybrute.com

Ok don't tell us all this.
    Technically we are the underdogs since a majority of people and sportswriters are picking the cheats

I like our odds better when we're underdogs. Nothing wrong with a little extra motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    I like our odds better when we're underdogs. Nothing wrong with a little extra motivation.
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    It's always best to be the underdog.

But remember, It doesn't matter which way the wind is shifting on predictions. What matters most is if the Broncos believe that they are considered the underdog. The team that believes it's "us against the world" even if they are the better team, or even if the odds are shifting in their favor, typically has the most motivation.

As far as the media goes its hard for them to not go with Brady and Bill despite how good our D really can be at times. I think the Harris injury is a big factor in us being underdogs because if he cant go or play well thats a monumental factor. Both teams have really bad olines and Brady is physically superior to Manning at this point. I still think with our speed at MLB and deep stable of pass rushers we can get the win as long as we dont miss tackles. If we can run well as we should be able to and dont drop passes, dont fumble and dont get Manning killed with instant pressure we will move the ball and get points. So many what ifs for both teams and lets face it the media loves them some Patriots so its neither surprising nor irritating to me. Its just standard media analysis of the era. Cant wait to see our pass rush go nuts behind the crowd noise and hopefully get Brady all whiny and pouty with the officials as he gets thrown to the turf.

As far as Vegas goes expect the sharp betting money hammering the Broncos at +3 tomorrow. I have buddies that work in the industry in Vegas and they have heard from their big bettors that they are coming in to bet in the morning. Betting heavily on the Broncos. Pats at -3 was a suckers bet that Vegas enticed the public on. Count on it.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 01-23-2016 at 10:21 PM.

This game wont be decided till the 4th quarter.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Let us be the under dogs, it puts more pressure on the Pat's.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    As far as Vegas goes except the sharp betting money hammering the Broncos at +3 tomorrow. I have buddies that work in the industry in Vegas and they have heard from their big bettors that they are coming in to bet in the morning. Betting heavily on the Broncos. Pats at -3 was a suckers bet that Vegas enticed the public on. Count on it.
    you're not the first person i've heard this from. is there an article or something out to the effect?
    fumpa.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    As far as Vegas goes except the sharp betting money hammering the Broncos at +3 tomorrow. I have buddies that work in the industry in Vegas and they have heard from their big bettors that they are coming in to bet in the morning. Betting heavily on the Broncos. Pats at -3 was a suckers bet that Vegas enticed the public on. Count on it.
    They're waiting for a 3.5 line. Have been all week.
    But yeah a 3 line is not exactly "miracle" odds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Let us be the under dogs, it puts more pressure on the Pat's.
    Yeah, this Pats team has 0 experience playing in high profile games and having a ton of pressure put on them. I just hope they aren't nervous.

Maybe we'll see Wes Welker and Floyd Mayweather step up with their bets soon....ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by UntoTheBreach View Post
    Yeah, this Pats team has 0 experience playing in high profile games and having a ton of pressure put on them. I just hope they aren't nervous.
    Reminds me of 2007 SB against Gaints.

You know that 18-0 team....

Of course the Broncos are underdogs , as if it was going to be anything less then theat. these are the same people who had Peyton never taking another snap in Denver. How did that work out for them. Its the perfect set up for the NFL and Peyton's storybook ending. Ray Lewis didn't count..NFL fans wants Peyton to win it all. Ii believe the NFL is listening.