Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Not to defend hillman but Donovan mcnabb didn't know overtime could end in a tie......to me that remains at the hilltop of cluelessness by a player in the NFL.
    Haha that or the Kirk Cousins kneel-down vs the Eagles in week 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    It probably wasn't a backwards pass and Hillman didn't think to dive on it. He made a mistake letting the refs determine that play.
    It was clearly a backwards pass and even if it wasnt it was close enough that he should have jusmped on it..The Pats LB did!
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Lamar Miller / Eddie Lacey

Would have been nice. My big toe aches every time I think of what the team missed on

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    Studesville immediately reacts in frustration, knowing that the ball is going to go to the Patriots. Hillman meanwhile stands there confused and asks Studesville "what happened?"

Are you FREAKING kidding me, man? Up until that point, Hillman never realized that was a lateral and he should have jumped on the ball?
    He knew what happened. Hillman was just pretending to be confused because he was caught being dumb. Like many players after a personal foul, for example.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    We should've had Lamar Miller. Will never understand how they went Hillman over Miller. They were too into wanting a Darren Sproles...Miller was the obvious choice. Way faster, better back, and more proven vs better competition
    I have the episode of The Drive on 104.3 the fan from the second night of the draft four years ago. Alfred Williams was a supporter of Miller. He was also disappointed when they took Derek Wolfe in Round 2.

Also, on another note, Nate Lundy was very upset when Osweiler was selected. He kept saying that he did it for only one year at ASU, and that he left a year early because Dennis Erickson left, and he knew he couldn't have another good year there.

As I recall from my foggy memory, it really didn't matter if Hillman knew or not. It would have been physically impossible for him to reverse his momentum to get to the ball first. And had he tried, the ref might have been clued to the error and not blown his whistle. I believe it was run in for a TD but the whistle stopped it. They still got the TD anyway though.

But hey, we won and there are no perfect games.

It was on the live broadcast you prob just missed it

Lol you broncos fans are to hardcore man I'm telling ya...
    Anyways.
    Lots of options this year F.A. and draft with rbs cheap too.
    Feel a bit bad for them in relative terms they break down the quickest and are now getting payed the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    We should've had Lamar Miller. Will never understand how they went Hillman over Miller. They were too into wanting a Darren Sproles...Miller was the obvious choice. Way faster, better back, and more proven vs better competition
    The amazing thing about this to me was as I was reading this I thought "yeah well we should have had Sproles instead of Clarrett too..." And then you mention Sproles

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

Would have been nice. My big toe aches every time I think of what the team missed on
    Pass on fat Eddie and the still unproven, inconsistent Miller.

That's why he'll fit in well with John Fox
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    Haha that or the Kirk Cousins kneel-down vs the Eagles in week 16!
    Yes. That was the worst ever. Cost them a TD. He was lucky they ended up winning.

Edit: AS I RECALL from watching the replay of that several times......

In Hillman's defense, a ref was standing right in front of him waving his arms back and forth (incomplete pass). He also blows the whistle almost immediately, well before any of the Pats are on the ball. In other words, we got the shaft from the officiating on that play. Maybe he should have been coached to dive on a ball that's in any way doubtful - maybe he has had that coaching and forgot to do it - but you can see him pull up as he hears the whistle and sees the ref make an incomplete pass call.
    Last edited by Steamboat7; 03-06-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    In Hillman's defense, the ref was standing right in front of him waving his arms back and forth (incomplete pass).
    That's no excuse because the call can be reversed. Targets of screen/swing passes have to pick up the ball even if the official signals incomplete pass. Hillman should know that.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

Lamar Miller has shown flashes, but has never produced consistently. Had a couple of decent seasons, but nothing spectacular. Also keep in mind that half of his production this season came in four games. He was average or worse the other twelve. I liked him at the time and he would be an upgrade on Hillman, but its not like this guy has been an all-pro.

Lacey is well on his way to eating himself out of the league. Hope he gets it together, he can be a special back when his head is on straight and he's in shape.