Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

It's obviously Carolina. How do we match up?

So, Carolina vs. Denver. What matchups are in our favor. First, I don't think either team will run for a ton of yards. I like our secondary vs their receivers. Our receivers vs. their secondary? Not so sure, especially with the DT, aka Houdini. The real keys are Newton and turnovers. Arizona basically shot themselves in the foot the whole game with giveaways. We have to avoid that. As far as Newton, we can't let him escape the pocket to run or throw deep. If we contain him I think we can win.

We can cover their recievers, not worried about their run game either. Cam is another animal though. Olsen is a top 3 tight end

We can play their receivers man up, Olsen will demand some extra attention. As far as Cam goes we need to keep a spy on him, make it one person's only job to follow him all over the field. Won't even talk about our offense, they wont do anything anyways. If we win it will be like 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Pack Mules View Post
    We can cover their recievers, not worried about their run game either. Cam is another animal though. Olsen is a top 3 tight end
    At least Olsen is no Gronk. Cam is a beast, no doubt. But he doesn't have Brady's experience or accuracy.

Denver's offense matches up very poorly IMO. The Steelers and Patriots had slightly above average defenses, nothing special. The Panthers have a great all-around defense and thrive on creating turnovers.

The defense should be fine vs. their offense, but they have a much more balanced team, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    We can play their receivers man up, Olsen will demand some extra attention. As far as Cam goes we need to keep a spy on him, make it one person's only job to follow him all over the field. Won't even talk about our offense, they wont do anything anyways. If we win it will be like 9-7.
    Spy him with Marshall. Put Talib and Ward on Olson, and play them almost the same way we did against the Pats.

On offense, we need to pound the ball down their throats and PA pass. Manning will have a lot more time in the pocket to throw.
    We are going with Plan A

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    At least Olsen is no Gronk. Cam is a beast, no doubt. But he doesn't have Brady's experience or accuracy.
    Been pretty accurate the last two weeks. Closing in on 300 yards this game.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

They lost to Atlanta, so they can be beat. Their recievers are average at best. Olsen is a great tight end but isn't Gronk. Spy cam and stop the run and we can win this slugfest.

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

I see their receivers being a non factor. Olson will be huge.

We have to respect their run game as it includes cam.

When we are on O I see no way we move the ball at all. Seriously that d is deep and strong enough to stop our very pedestrian offence. The cards are about as similar to is as can be with a bigger arm at qb and are doing nothing.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Gotta run the ball. It's our only avenue to win this game.

I actually think we match up pretty well overall, but they're the better team. I like our defense to shut them down...if we can handle a healthy Pats offense and Gronk, I think we'll be good to handle Olson, Stewart and Cam. I think the Cam factor gets them to 17 points, so can we get 18? It'll be tough, but I think we're good to force a turnover and get seven, then kick 3 or 4 field goals. It'll be tight.
    Administrator

There offense vs our defense, I hope Phillips preaches on respecting there run game and stopping it all costs. This includes stopping Cam as well. Make Cam beat you. Get pressure as well. Cam is not exactly Brady in regards to accuracy he will make some errant throws and we need to capitalize on this.

Our offense vs there defense is tougher. First and foremost mistake free football. Don't give them more opportunities especially in short distance situations. Our O-line must keep Manning up and give him time. It is no secret Manning will be no threat to run the ball and this is what killed us against Seattle. If we can get a run game going than that is great, but I wouldn't count on it. If we could beat the Patriots by scoring two touchdowns and two field goals we can do it to the Panthers as well, but we cannot give them extra possessions off of turnovers.

It will be Carolina's first rodeo and they may have stars in their eyes. We have a number of guys who have been there before and won't be in awe about just being there. We definitely have to keep a spy on Cam. I think we can run on this team and that will help out the passing game. It's going to be a tough game, but I sincerely believe this game is very winnable.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemHeat View Post
    Denver's offense matches up very poorly IMO. The Steelers and Patriots had slightly above average defenses, nothing special. The Panthers have a great all-around defense and thrive on creating turnovers.

The defense should be fine vs. their offense, but they have a much more balanced team, overall.
    Nice try, the Pats had a top 10 defense, and Bellichick.

How does Kubes adjust our offense to play against that Panther defense? Does he try something different than run on 1st? Granted playing it safe lead to no interceptios however for the championship we need explosive plays.