Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Neither guy blows me away. They both have at least 2 plays a game where they turn a 1 yard gain into a 5 yard loss. They both miss inside blitz pickups. They are what we have. We've had a thread once a month where all of us want one of them benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Doran Peck View Post
    Amen Brother !

All this talk about "we need both backs" ....Bullpucky!!!

give the rock to Anderson all day long. Let him get in a groove and light up the place.

Every play Hillman touches the ball is a wasted play. His presence on the field is completely pointless.
    Hillman had a handful of pretty decent runs against NE last game keep in mind that they didn't really allow for any big runs until Anderson broke the 30 yarder. 3-4 yards up the gut to wear a team down is great. Longer than that and your into gravy territory. This is all dependent on what the gameplan is as well. If the goal is to win the game by running the ball a vast majority of the time then sure - 3 yardsish per carry wont cut it but if your goal is to aim for ballance then 3-4 yards per carry against a great defense is great.

This Super bowl will come down to our offense vs the Carolina defense. If we can sustain drives, score TD's, and not turn the ball over we have a good shot.
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Hey, I'm on a roll... On the St Mirren Football Club fan forum a few guys are NFL fans, including a big Patriots fan... I predicted the Broncos to beat the Pats by 3 points, and I even said a missed kick was going to come into play...

While I'm on this rich vein of good prediction form, I'm striking while the iron is still hot....

Broncos by 7, Cam to come crashing back to earth.

BELIEVE!
    Then by all means, keep it up! Don't deviate from your mojo now.

Here is to a great game and the Disney ending for Peyton

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    It's wonderful now that those rats scurried back to their sewer, finally purged this board of their ridiculousness. It's like breathing fresh air!
    Concur

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sitoke View Post
    Neither guy blows me away. They both have at least 2 plays a game where they turn a 1 yard gain into a 5 yard loss. They both miss inside blitz pickups. They are what we have. We've had a thread once a month where all of us want one of them benched.
    CJ tends to pickup blitzes the overwhelming majority of the time. As of late he has also stepped up his game and is seeing the holes or creases better and hitting them. I also caution us as fans putting too much stock in the 1-2 plays per game where these guys don't seem to be running to the edges when the first would be hole is sealed. This could very well be part of the gameplan. Keep charging up the middle no matter what and then one play ignore the run up the gut and bolt to the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Hillman had a handful of pretty decent runs against NE last game keep in mind that they didn't really allow for any big runs until Anderson broke the 30 yarder. 3-4 yards up the gut to wear a team down is great. Longer than that and your into gravy territory. This is all dependent on what the gameplan is as well. If the goal is to win the game by running the ball a vast majority of the time then sure - 3 yardsish per carry wont cut it but if your goal is to aim for ballance then 3-4 yards per carry against a great defense is great.
    Hillman is not going to be wearing out anyone running between the tackles, that is why CJ and Juwann Thompson should be the backs, IMO. If Hillman hit the edges decisively and had home run abilities, it would be one thing but he succeeds maybe once in 5 or 6 games doing that, the downside outweighs his upside.

These were the opponents Carolina faced during the season:

@Jacksonville 20-9
    Houston 24-17
    New Orleans 27-22
    @Tampa Bay 37-23
    @Seattle 27-23
    Philadelphia 27-16
    Indy 29-26
    GB 37-29
    @Tennessee 27-10
    Washington 44-16
    @Dallas 33-14
    @New Orleans 41-38
    Atlanta 38-0
    @NYG 38-35
    @Atlanta 13-20
    Tampa Bay 38-10

Seattle 31-24
    Arizona 49-15

Their regular season schedule was not too difficult, as Seattle and Green Bay were their tough tests, however they have looked impressive in the playoffs. I think our D can limit their offense. Its just the matter of our offense putting enough points.

Am I the only one that feels like Carolina is looking like our Super Bowl team of a few years ago. We had some good people on defense.

Keuchly (or however you spell it) and Josh Norman play like men all day long.

I think their d-line is OK and benefits from them running up the score on people so they can do virtually whatever they want to on defense.

We did that and what happened in the Super Bowl? We ran into the buzzsaw that was the top ranked Seattle defense.

What are we bringing to the game? THE top ranked defense.

I hate that we are not getting any respect and are supposed to get blown out by Carolina just like we were by the Pats. I hope they use that as fuel to destroy the Panthers.

I am usually just a lurker but feel I need to post for support. I live and work in NC and am catching it from all sides today at work how Denver has no chance to win, blah blah blah. Has been hard for me not to respond to the jabs but here I sit with just a smile on my face...Gonna be a long two weeks listening to all this crap!

Our offense will be aided by 2-weeks of rest for Manning.

Since Brock took over and we started exclusively using the Kubes offense, we have done a fine job of moving the ball early. But both Manning and Brock have been super stagnant in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    They lost to Atlanta, so they can be beat. Their recievers are average at best. Olsen is a great tight end but isn't Gronk. Spy cam and stop the run and we can win this slugfest.
    To be fair, the Falcons are obviously extremely familiar with them, Atlanta was embarrassed just a couple weeks before, and Carolina probably thought they could walk all over them because of that.

On the other side, the Broncos have only really lost the Colts game when Manning's been at QB, and that preceded the game that he was too injured to finish, so who knows how healthy he was.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I see their receivers being a non factor. Olson will be huge.
    idk Olsen is obviously great but I think TGJ is the one most likely to deviate above his mean. Ginn Jr. has been quiet, too, so wouldn't surprise me to see him make 1-2 key plays. That's what this made me think, anyway:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...owl-50-preview

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I like the matchup. They're not a dog fight team. Stay out of a shootout, which is what they want. That defense looks much different when it's our type of game.
    Yep! We have to hope they look a lot different when the opposing D doesn't give up 24 points in the first half of a playoff game like Seattle and Arizona.

If our safeties are healthy or at least 80 percent and are as physical as we were yesterday we have a chance. Of course turnovers are always huge but we need Stewart and tj back there. If bush and keo are running around back there our offense is gonna have to put up at least 27/28 points.

I think the game plan should be almost the same as this game. We need the offense to score around 20 pts and not turn the ball over and hopefully the defense has another great game. I don't like this offenses chances airing it out against the panther defense.

The one thing I think that needs to be better is the offense line. The entire second half they were letting guys through the line nearly untouched. It killed at least 2 or 3 drives and I think that's why we only scored 3 in the second half. I think if that can be corrected the same game plan can win it. The o-line is what it is, but at least slow down a guy instead of giving him an open lane to the QB.

IMO

Agreed, bad turf is harder on the defense than the offense.

Levi Stadium uses natural grass. It's just crappy natural grass.