Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"This one's for Pat"

I saw someone holding up a sign after the game saying "this one's for Pat", and his wife made reference to it also; is this something that is gaining strength out there or just a nice sentiment? It would be great if the team and fans could get behind it and try to win it for him as well as Manning and themselves of course!

not that it matters but I'd love to know where he is at now. If we do win the SB it would be great if he was still mentally with it enough to understand what has happened. That for players and coaches and Elway would probably be one of the most gratifying accomplishments of their careers. It is one thing to win a SB, it is another to win one as a GM but it must be quite different to know that if this potential SB win could very well be the last time their owner can remember what a SuperBowl is and the joy of winning one. That would likely be an experience which would be tough to put into words.

Let's get this one done for Pat.

I'm all on board for the "This One's For Pat" Campaign.

How can this be made to not just be Denver-wide but Nationwide (NO Peyton PUN INTENDED)???

I'm in the DC area and not on Facebook, Twitter or any of that so you all will have to make this go viral!!!

"This One's for Pat"!

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but shouldn't this game end with

Elway hoisting the trophy and saying that?!

Quote Originally Posted by broncodevil View Post
    Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but shouldn't this game end with

Elway hoisting the trophy and saying that?!
    Believe it or not, I think he would hoist it for Peyton. While the long-term Broncos faithful don't think that way, every player - even some around the league, not just in Denver - talk about wanting to win it for him. The way the last season-and-a-half have gone for him, the way the last Super Bowl went, the fact this could be it for perhaps the greatest passer in the history of the game...

Peyton will get the love first, I promise you. If/when he does, I guarantee you he'll thank John and Pat in his speech.

Maybe it will be for Peyton and Pat. I know the coaches have been talking a lot about Mr. B lately and trying to give the young guys a vision for the guy he was as an owner. I think they would all like to win one for Peyton and also Demarcus Ware as he has been around awhile and never had the chance to even play in a super bowl.

If John holds up that Lombardy and says "this ones for Pat" I'm balling like a baby lol. what a 30 that would be for this chain of events in Denver since 1983. Pat trades for John, Pat chooses John over Reeves, Pat turns and Says This one's for John, pat puts the trust of the organization in John's hands, John turns to the cameras holds up the Trophy and says... This one's for Pat... I'm tearing up already lol.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Believe it or not, I think he would hoist it for Peyton. While the long-term Broncos faithful don't think that way, every player - even some around the league, not just in Denver - talk about wanting to win it for him. The way the last season-and-a-half have gone for him, the way the last Super Bowl went, the fact this could be it for perhaps the greatest passer in the history of the game...

Peyton will get the love first, I promise you. If/when he does, I guarantee you he'll thank John and Pat in his speech.
    No chance in hell that Elway doesn't hoist the trophy for pat. Manning will get his love, but Bowlen made this franchise the winnest franchise in the NFL (and 3rd winningest of all american sports) during his 30+ year tenure as owner. You weren't around here during our SB years so you may have never seen Pat hoist the trophy in Elway's honor. Since Pat's health has been deteriorating I am sure repaying the favor has been on Elway's mind.

Manning is one of the greatest QB's but he takes a back seat to the greatest owner in the NFL and his recent health (as well as stepping down from his duties officially)

He'll be speaking for the entire Bronco Country when he says

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...t-bowlen_sport

Anyone who thinks that Elway doesn't have dedicating this to Pat Bowlen on his mind...Here you go.

I'm totally on board for "This Ones for Pat". I would bawl like a baby.. However that just sounds like fantasizing to me.

Today's players, media, and honors will likely go to Peyton. I can't imagine Elway won't honor him in the same aspect.

Thanks for posting that video!!
    I love John Freakin' Elway!!!!!

😄

No chance in hell that will happen. Pat Bowlen means everything to the team first and foremost. And I find your assertion to be quite insulting that you think Peyton is above the greatest owner in all of sports.

Before leaving for Super Bowl, Broncos take a moment for Owner Pat Bowlen

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...c-ab068295cca1

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. As the Broncos prepare to embark on a trip to Santa Clara, Calif., they finished the season's final practice at UCHealth Training Center with one last huddle on the field.

During that meeting, President and CEO Joe Ellis talked to the players and coaches about Owner Pat Bowlen, who is battling Alzheimer's Disease, giving an emotional speech about what Mr. Bowlen would say to the team with them one win away from a third Super Bowl for the franchise.

"I had Joe talk to the football team today before we called it a week about Mr. B, how hes doing and how hed be very proud of this football team," Head Coach Gary Kubiak said. "It was a very good moment."

"He was basically just saying what Pat would say to us with him not being able to join us and everything. He gave us a heartfelt speech."

For Mr. Bowlen, who cherishes the ability to give his team and his staff every opportunity to be the best at what they do, this shot to prove they're the best team in the NFL means a lot.

"Itd be wonderful," Talib said. "It would really mean everything to him if we would get to bring that trophy home to him."

Kubiak said they discuss Mr. Bowlen a lot, and that should come as no surprise given how the head coach has taken to one of the fundamental characteristics of Mr. Bowlen's leadership.

"[He's a] great people-person type of guy," Kubiak said. "Mr. B was one of us. I mean he was around here at practice, he was in the weight room and he was one of us. Mr. B always hired good people and he let them do their job. He supported you all the way."

As much as Mr. Bowlen has trusted everyone in the organization to do their jobs, so does Kubiak trust his players and his staff to do their jobs.

"I think you just talk about accountability," Kubiak said. "Thats the biggest thing. To get to this point in your football career, as a player and as a team, its hard to get there. You just want to know that everybody is doing everything they possibly can for next Sunday.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Peyton will get the love first, I promise you
    . If/when he does, I guarantee you he'll thank John and Pat in his speech.
    Maybe from the guys announcing the game/trophy ceremony. But as soon as Elway is handed the trophy, Pat wll get the love 1st. As it should be. Heck, even Kubiak will make sure Pat gets it 1st from him. Both of those guys have spent many years with him, and know how integral he was to both of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Maybe from the guys announcing the game/trophy ceremony. But as soon as Elway is handed the trophy, Pat wll get the love 1st. As it should be. Heck, even Kubiak will make sure Pat gets it 1st from him. Both of those guys have spent many years with him, and know how integral he was to both of their careers.
    Exactly...Bowlen is the Broncos. Period! Peyton will get his moment of gratitude and place in the spotlight, but Mr B. is 100% the reason we are where we are. He was one of the best owners to ever take part in the sport.

Pat is the " GRAND POOBAH" of the organization.
    We are lucky to have him.