Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Super Bowl Parties!

With so many threads talking about the game, the players, the match ups, the "what ifs", etc... I thought it would be fun to talk about the other aspect of Super Bowl: The parties!

Now that our boys in Orange are representing again this year, we really have a reason to go all out on Feb 7th and I want to know what everyone is doing and planning. Pictures day of while setting up, after everything is ready, and during would be great as well!

The last 2 years, I went to the Super Bowl, so I haven't been able to throw a party but this year I am staying home in North NJ and throwing one.

Looking like a solid 10 guests for my party, sadly no Broncos fans, but mainly all supporters.

Food wise I like to cook, and when I cook, I usually go all out. I pretty much have my SB menu set, I will provide pictures as I begin to prepare.

The Drinks: I usually have my guests bring their own beer and such, but I will provide some beer for this party. Colorado beer that is! Great Divide, Coors Banquet, New Belgium, and Oskar Blues. Haven't decided on which brews (whatever my stores carry honestly), just the breweries. Those are honestly the only CO beers I can find in my area.

The Dips: Keeping it simple, fresh guacamole and a 3 layer cheese dip. Cream cheese on the bottom, salsa in the middle, and shredded cheddar on top. Bake and serve!

The sides: Smoked jalapeno poppers, stuffed with cheese and corn and wrapped in bacon. Smoked for 1-2 hours using apple wood.
    Mayo free cole slaw, Vietnamese style (my gf is Vietnamese, so some dishes have Asian influences).
    Italian Taquitos: This is my own creation and I am very proud of it. Home made manacotti pasta crepes, stuffed with sauteed sausage and mozzarella, then grilled on foil. If anyone wants a run down on how to make the crepes let me know, it's crazy easy!
    Probably a store bought meat and cheese platter.

The Mains:

Chicken: Grilled Chicken left dry ( need something healthy as my one buddy has diabetes so I like to make some things he can eat without worrying too much) served with 3 sauces: Homemade buffalo, homemade honey sriracha, and home made korean garlic-chili. Rolls, celery, lettuce and blue cheese served on the side.

Pork: Country style ribs, slow cooked on the grill with a sweet korean bbq glaze.

Brisket: Whole packer brisket, smoked 12 hours over hickory, with my own dry rub, kept moist with apple cider vinegar, then left to rest in a cooler wrapped in foil 3-5 hours after coming off the smoker. Served on a roll with the coleslaw.

There you have it. The Bates' Super Bowl 50 menu! Pictures to follow in the following days!

I prefer to watch games like this alone. I don't want to be living and dying with each play while others are more interested in the commercials.

TV coverage of the pre-game build-up in the UK begins at 10pm our time, so it will be a late one for us by the time the Lombardi trophy is held aloft by Peyton Manning and John Elway. Will just be me and Mrs P.

Beer, potato chips, a steady supply of hot coffee and a big bag of Ghiradelli chocolate caramel squares purchased at Denver Airport on our way home from the Patriots game in December will get us through until the wee small hours.

Go Broncos!

I am going over to a buddy's place that i tailgate with during the season. Making some fresh Colorado Green Chile for the occasion. I think I may have to buy the stuff to make these though..... http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink20u7t82.html

I'll be watching alone. I don't mind going to parties when my team isn't playing but I can't deal with all the distractions when the Broncos are playing.

I offer the choice of an orange beer (like orange shandy) or blue beer (wild blue).

I will have orange jello shots ready to go.

I am going to grill some freshly slaughtered Panther, and smother it in orange sauce. (It might really be beef, but no one will question it)

Additional drink options include orange-a-ritas and Bronco-tinis.

My wife and I always watch the SB together at home with great food: anyone up for flame broiled panther? For the game vs the Seahawks, we had an invitation to watch at a friends house full of Seahawk fans but turned it down...thank goodness for that! I have a rule that I never watch Bronco games with a fan of the opposing team present...it's just too awkward if we win or lose. The last time I did that was back in '85 with my childhood best friend who was a raider fan. When the raiders played in Denver we watched the game at my house...when the game was in LA we watched at his house. Only did that for 1 season as it just wasn't any fun
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Im more interested about the parade route and times the following monday

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    My wife and I always watch the SB together at home with great food: anyone up for flame broiled panther? For the game vs the Seahawks, we had an invitation to watch at a friends house full of Seahawk fans but turned it down...thank goodness for that! I have a rule that I never watch Bronco games with a fan of the opposing team present...it's just too awkward if we win or lose. The last time I did that was back in '85 with my childhood best friend who was a raider fan. When the raiders played in Denver we watched the game at my house...when the game was in LA we watched at his house. Only did that for 1 season as it just wasn't any fun
    My 1 best friend is a Pats* fan, he said if he comes he will be cheering for Carolina lol. We didn't watch this game together, but we did watch the 2014 AFCCG together, he was pretty grumpy that day. My other best friends is a Bear's fan, but because the Bears are pretty much made up of Denver's scraps, he is an honorary Denver fan lol.

Chinese take out at 2:30ish, then appetizers, etc. For the game with ice cream cake and Baileys and coffee!!!!

Lets get this thing done!
    😄🙈🙉🙊🍺🍸🍻😄

Kush, Coke Zero & red Twizzlers.

That should suffice and it always does.

Why do I suddenly feel like I am overdoing it for my party. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Hey, I am kinda close by and it sounds real good, and you don't have any Bronco fans coming? Can we stop by?

🍻🍸🍺😄

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    You can never overdo a party! Gotta do it right

My family and friends will all be hanging out at my parent's house cooking up all kinds of delicious food. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts, cheese balls, guacamole, caramel apple dip, and I'll be making my famous mango salsa! Gotta eat as much as I can before the game because once the game starts, I have zero appetite and am zoned in.

Dude, Can I come to your party?? I was reading this menu drooling.