Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Von miller wants to be highest paid Def Player

In talking to numerous sources around the league, the message is crystal clear: If Von Miller becomes a free agent this offseason, he wants to get paid.

How big a contract is Miller looking for? Will the Denver Broncos look to apply the franchise tag to Miller? Which fellow Broncos player might get franchised instead?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...is_shared=true
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

It's all gonna depend on how much elway values miller. He will pay the max if he feels it's worth it. I don't think money will be an issue, I read on a salary cap calculation site that with all current salaries we would have almost 30 mill in space. And that's with out retirements, cuts, re negotiations ,etc. So the money will be there, it's just a matter of wether elway wants to allocate a large portion of it to von

LOL...another "close sources say" reporter. Granted, it might be true, but anyone paying attention could guess Von wanting big money. Duh. Ya think?

(no offense to your post...it's a criticism of the football media)

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In talking to numerous sources around the league, the message is crystal clear: If Von Miller becomes a free agent this offseason, he wants to get paid.

How big a contract is Miller looking for? Will the Denver Broncos look to apply the franchise tag to Miller? Which fellow Broncos player might get franchised instead?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...is_shared=true
    If that is what he wants, we might let him walk...I'd hate to see it happen, but he's not getting that kind of money from us, that's not how we work. We have Barret and Ray behind him and while they are no where near the player he is, I don't see us making him the highest paid defender, some other team will have to do that.

If that is what he wants, he is most assuredly going to get franchised. Suh is $20m/yr while the franchise tag for an OLB is about $12m/yr. Elway could tag him two or even three years in a row and still save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If that is what he wants, we might let him walk...I'd hate to see it happen, but he's not getting that kind of money from us, that's not how we work. We have Barret and Ray behind him and while they are no where near the player he is, I don't see us making him the highest paid defender, some other team will have to do that.
    Whoa....this is one I can't get on board with. Miller's explosive, and his presence is a big part of the pass rush success. Definitely HOF guy. Also, the defense butters the Broncos bread. I'd sooner see both Manning and Brock go before Miller...by far.

The only issue with the huge contract he will receive as well as massive bonus is that he is still one foul up away from being suspended for an entire year.

By the way, this situation once again makes me mad at the stupidity of so many teams. There are teams out there who ruin the fun for everyone else. Teams with awful draft/development histories just stupidly inflating the positional pay scale unsustainably at the expense of teams like the Broncos/Patriots/Steelers/Packers who actually draft talent in house. If these contracts were fully guaranteed and you couldn't release after two years, we would finally get this under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket24 View Post
    The only issue with the huge contract he will receive as well as massive bonus is that he is still one foul up away from being suspended for an entire year.
    No he isn't, when they revamped the drug policy he was taken out of the program

Anyone know what type of endorsements he has? I am trying to figure out how much on-the-field money means to him. I am guessing he is 90% football and 10% non-football income. He isn't Peyton or JJ Watt or Cam Newton with big national endorsements that bring in millions annually.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    Whoa....this is one I can't get on board with. Miller's explosive, and his presence is a big part of the pass rush success. Definitely HOF guy. Also, the defense butters the Broncos bread. I'd sooner see both Manning and Brock go before Miller...by far.
    I bet you'd let him throw the ball too?

He deserves to get paid, 20 mil a year paid ? I doubt it (does Suh live up to the contract?) but he does desevers the 12+ he's getting at least if he resigns.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Anyone know what type of endorsements he has? I am trying to figure out how much on-the-field money means to him. I am guessing he is 90% football and 10% non-football income. He isn't Peyton or JJ Watt or Cam Newton with big national endorsements that bring in millions annually.
    he has deals with gatorade and adidas

Hooray, beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Blanket24 View Post
    Are you thinking he's amped up on all kinds of stuff?

I see the non exclusive tag coming and a good chance someone signs him to an offer sheet and is willing to part with the 2 first round picks.

Tag amount will be close to 14 mil, and if we tag him twice the 2nd year would be 16.8 Mil = two year cost of about 30M...if Von is looking for 18M per year, this is cheaper than contract, team has no reason not to tag him twice imo as it also takes out the risk of injury.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by TheManningMelon View Post
    And DT traded!!!!

Elway could tag Miller more than once and pay him the OSLB minimum per year according to the value if the tag.

Lol Not to sound like a jerk but hed still probably be getting paid more than some players per year that are already under contract.