Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    So you're Elway going into free agency looking for a veteran QB - would you sign Brian Hoyer for $13 mil?
    Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by BayArea Bronco View Post
    Von definitely has first ballot talent.
    Yep, but if he plays his entire career in Denver he'll need to be head and shoulders above everyone else for a prolonged amount of time or the voters will never even look at him for HOF consideration.

Peter King for example was looking at the cause of Marshawn Lynch, while he was down on him overall he used Lynch's 6 playoff games with 100 yards as a reason he may get in. However King has been staunchly against Terrell Davis getting in, forget the fact that of his 8 playoff games TD had 100+ yards in each of the last 7 and Denver won every one of those games. And if you take those 8 playoff games as a group they're statistically better than any 8 game stretch by any running back in NFL history. Plus all of the other accomplishments. So he was using 6 games as a reason for one player and will vote for players who were mediocre for an extended period of time (Jerome Bettis, the most mediocre player in Canton) but he will never vote for a Bronco who is statistically (total yards per game) the greatest running back in NFL playoff history.

It is still too early to say Miller is a potential HoFer.
    By extrapolating his stats of first five years to another five years, I think he is only on the porch of the Hall. After the knee injury, he is never in the discussion of defensive player of the year anymore. Compared to the number of tackle for loss he got in the second year, 28, the number drops to 9, 16,9 in the following 3 years. He is definitely an all-pro player, but not a HoF candidate so far.
    Hey, I am from Taiwan. Please forgive my bad English if I use it wrongly.

Huh? I haven't noticed any slow down from him after the knee injury. He was slow last year because he was playing at too heavy a weight, now that he's slimmed down he seems as fast as ever to me

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    If Von wants JJ Watt money, we should give it to him. If he wants Suh money, we should franchise him. No defender deserves Suh money
    Agreed. Essentially what I was trying to say.

Wait to see how effective he is against Cam in the SB then decide.

Pay the man. He's worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    So you're Elway going into free agency looking for a veteran QB - would you sign Brian Hoyer for $13 mil?
    Nope.

I'd draft one, give Brock his shot for a year.

I'd franchise him as much as I could. He ain't worth the highest paid defender in the league

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Not a chance
    Interesting that you support paying Manning $13 million - 34th ranked QB in 2015. Hoyer was 14th. You said you would pay $13 mil for a capable QB - Hoyer played much more "capable" ball.

I think Von deserves a lot of money, but then look at the reality of him being one positive test away from being banned and I am not so sure too many are willing to take that kind of risk.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    I'm thinking short term right now, as in a week from Sunday. If Von wants to hit the double powerball this offseason, he has the perfect opportunity to show the world that he's Mr. Kryptonite to Mr. Superman (Cam Newton).
    So true - that is an exciting matchup.

Panthers have an excellent o-line but it seems that Cam cannot make plays when pressure gets to him. The attacks on Brady were some of the best defensive football I have ever seen, and we have the players to disrupt the Panthers, and the blind assassin is an important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Too many people including Eli and even Peyton himself "this might be my last rodeo, and it's been a pleasure" are saying things that make this pretty clear that this will be Manning's last game. I think he'll fade away for a year...showing up at Tennessee games and the occasional Giants game, and the Colts game where they retire his number, but for the most part out of the limelight. Then in 2017 he'll reappear as either a part owner (Tennessee Titans) or he'll end up in management, possibly both. But the Super Bowl will be his last football game.
    I think he is going the Elway way - of not making the decision until a few weeks/months later unless he has already determined that if we win this is his retirement party.

If he takes over the Superbowl like he did the AFCCG, then pay the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I think Von deserves a lot of money, but then look at the reality of him being one positive test away from being banned and I am not so sure too many are willing to take that kind of risk.
    He is not in the program anymore is my understanding.