Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Am I strange for preferring to watch Broncos games alone?

Especially for you fans not in or from Colorado or surrounded by other Broncos fans.... Is anyone else like me? I prefer watching Broncos games alone, especially big games. Two years ago, I skipped the Super Bowl party and stayed home to watch the game. I'm going to a Super Bowl party this year, but deep down, I would rather watch the game alone. Trying to watch my team with a bunch of distractions and chatter ruins the game. How do you feel about this?
    If you love NFL stats and history
    pro-football-reference.com
    jt-sw.com/football

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer View Post
    Especially for you fans not in or from Colorado or surrounded by other Broncos fans.... Is anyone else like me? I prefer watching Broncos games alone, especially big games. Two years ago, I skipped the Super Bowl party and stayed home to watch the game. I'm going to a Super Bowl party this year, but deep down, I would rather watch the game alone. Trying to watch my team with a bunch of distractions and chatter ruins the game. How do you feel about this?
    I understand you completely. I feel the same way and I am in the same position as you, as far as not being close to any other Broncos fans. I'm surrounded by damn Pats and Steelers fans.

Go Broncos!

I understand your thinking. I always end up watching with a core group of Broncos fans. Everyone does the same things every game so it's funny how predictable everyone is in the group. It's fun with the group but would be nice once in a while to just do your own thing. With this group you get called out big time for no shows.

I'm from NY so don't have many Bronco fans around me. I'm usually in my office anyway, so I find a stream and watch while getting work done. We'll have a party for the superbowl though.

Not strange at all. My experience with watching the game with anyone outside my family is they wanna chat the whole game. I try to deal with it but at some point I always tell everyone to shut up. Someone's feelings always get hurt. It's just a mess. Much better for everyone if I just watch it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySeamus View Post
    Not strange at all. My experience with watching the game with anyone outside my family is they wanna chat the whole game. I try to deal with it but at some point I always tell everyone to shut up. Someone's feelings always get hurt. It's just a mess. Much better for everyone if I just watch it alone.
    Couldn't have said it better. would be nice to be able to enjoy the game with a group of people but they would all have to be die hard Bronco fans and not have conversations going on when the game is on. At this point better to watch game alone.

I can't stand it when people talk during the game, it annoys me to no end. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the game either, which is even more frustrating lol. So yes, I would rather watch the game alone, but if I did someone's feeling would be hurt, so I don't really worry about it if I have to tell people to shut up haha. I figure they are the ones being rude, they wouldn't talk over a movie so shut up when the game is on.

I shouldn't be (and don't want to be) around people when the Broncos are playing, especially if they are losing.

If I'm with a bunch of die hard Bronco fans, I can watch in a group. This year, I'll be watching the game alone. Not many Bronco fans in Oklahoma and this game is way to important to be dealing with food and drink issues for my guests!

Not strange at all, I find that I can actually get into the game more when I am alone, which seems to make it more intense and/or memorable...

I watched the last game with a new girlfriend (who is into sports) and I was distracted the whole time...Trying to remember key points of that game now is very difficult...

I prefer to watch alone so I can really focus on pre snap alignments, defensive assignments, substitutions, watching von and wares first step off the edge etc I will say the one time I was lucky enough to watch a Broncos game at a Denver sports bar with real local bronco fans was the Monday night manning miracle comeback vs the Chargers and that was an amazing night I'll never forget. Everyone in the place going wild high fiving and all that.

I prefer being in a stadium with 60K+ people!

I've watched a ton of them alone because I don't know any other fans around here, but I thoroughly enjoy that.

I've also liked watching them with my dad, bro, cousins or a good friend too. I'm not down with big parties and distractions though.

LOL

Me too man. For one thing, I prefer to let my emotions vent naturally and unfiltered as opposed to "for public consumption". Unfortunately for my room mates, neighbors and my dogs...... it's still not optimal. Maybe a padded soundproofed room with a cable jack, TV couch and pizza is the answer
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I don't think it's weird. I would rather watch at home either by myself, or just with my husband or the kids when their around and footballs on. None of them talk much during the game other than to yell at the refs for bad calls, or the players for bad moves or drawing penalties. I don't like to talk during the games, drives me nuts when people call and my teams on…. c'mon you know better than that. For the most part I prefer home over a bar or parties, with the exception of going to the games. I love being around other fans at the games, but other than that I love my couch.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

I would look like a fool to all my friends if i watched it with them lol, i have always watched alone, and it's not changing for the super bowl lol.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!