Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone have bad anxiety before games?

Especially big games like this? I suffer from anxiety anyways but have it really bad during big Broncos games. Nervous wreck before the New England game and now I'm nervous again. I guess cause I care so much about my team winning it bothers me mentally. During the New England game the last couple of plays I thought I was gonna have a nervous breakdown. Ugh the life of a sports fan. Lol

I can't sit down during intense games, so I pace the floor and chew my finger nails to the point of self harm ....

Just pause the game and go take breather somewhere.

I do. Very much so. I already have an anxiety disorder to begin with. I usually am a very nervous before the games begin. Once they start I do tend to calm down a bit but also tend to pace and can't sit. When we score a TD first, I'm like, OK, can we call it a game now?

This is the reason I can't watch our games with anyone.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Wow this actually makes me feel a little bit better because I'm not the only one. I may have to cancel my SuperBowl party because I want to watch this privately. I been nervous the last few days because we are so close to the ring. I was bad during the New England game too. I wish I could just watch, relax, and enjoy. And I been a Broncos fan for so long that I know that the game is never over until the last second no matter what the score lol

Quote Originally Posted by PManningTKO View Post
    Especially big games like this? I suffer from anxiety anyways but have it really bad during big Broncos games. Nervous wreck before the New England game and now I'm nervous again. I guess cause I care so much about my team winning it bothers me mentally. During the New England game the last couple of plays I thought I was gonna have a nervous breakdown. Ugh the life of a sports fan. Lol
    When you starve for a day, your priorities in life will change. Its just a game.

Life is way bigger.

Go Broncos.

Is it worth getting that worked up over something you have absolutely zero, nil, nada, cipher control over???

Of course it is!!! That's why we love football!!!!!

I guess I was more worried about the NE game because lose that one and we say goodbye to the Broncos for an eternity it seems. I'm just happy I get to see them one more time and winning will be icing on the cake.

I worry about business commitments and deadlines, diagnostic issues and scheduling. Quality control and tax headaches, the state of the economy and the welfare of my children.

When it comes to my team being in the Superbowl, things can't get much better. Where is the snack tray and beverages.
    [

I used to, when I was a lot younger. I would be filled with nervous energy and break out into cold sweats. Now I'm a lot calmer about the games, I think due to getting older

Quote Originally Posted by PManningTKO View Post
    Debbie Downer here again.
    I guess I don't have anxiety about this game because I have low expectations for Denver. Based on their past performances in the SB, I don't think this game will be any different than SB 48.

When I watch a game at home I have to record the first two quarters and halftime.

During that time I isolate myself from anything that will inform me of NFL scores.

Then I turn on the playback and fast forward through all the commercials.

The anticipation of each upcoming play is sometimes unbearable especially in
    the fourth quarter.

So yeah, I have some anxiety.

Nope! I'm a 25 year long die hard Broncos fan but at the end of the day, it has no affect on my health. Win or lose my life goes on without stress.
    Go Hard or Go Home

I used to isolate myself and not watch the game and once in awhile refresh the score page and look at it. I have problems lol

I tend to pace myself around the room and sometimes go outside and have a smoke. Yes quite a dirty habit but watching the Broncos in a big game makes me nervous as hell. I also to tend to have some beers to loosen me up.