Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Hell I don't think I could even hypnotize you out of those! I'd stand a better chance of making you cluck like a chicken first!
    Oops, gotta go, I have some eggs to lay.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

why would you get anxiety for watching an entertainment event on tv that your life has nothing to do with?

I am a bit nervous about this super bowl simply because of 2 years ago. I know this team is better versed to compete better but I still am cautious and will choose to watch it at home with just me. 2 years ago I was hosting a family party and most were seahawk fans and glass was ground into my open wound incessantly. Many seahawk fans though are wanting the super bowl to go to Denver this year because they dislike Carolina more than they dislike the broncos (aka Elway). I am hopeful and that's where I stand.

IBS is no fun at all and wow, a football stadium would be a very bad place for an attack, although any public place is awful. Hopping your bowel is quiet Sunday and you can enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by floydlittle44 View Post
    why would you get anxiety for watching an entertainment event on tv that your life has nothing to do with?
    I don't know man!

HELP!

One doesn't join an online forum to discuss a team that has nothing to do with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by rkymntskier View Post
    One doesn't join an online forum to discuss a team that has nothing to do with their life.
    yes they do and I have for 5 years. Sports is entertainment.
    I'm a sports fan in general and just going to one forum is slow and boring for me

Some people just have emotional reactions that manifest in anxiety even if it's to something they enjoy or has no impact on their real lives. Might not make sense to you. Just happens.

I literally get anxiety knowing I have to leave my house sometimes to meet friends to do something fun. I still go. I know I'm going to enjoy the activity. But about 2 hours before, the stomach starts churning, my breath gets shallow and my hands begin to shake. Still go and once I'm there it dissipates.

The same thing happens with my darn team. As much as I don't want it to, still happens.

I am with ya. I haven't posted in sooo long cause I use to get mad at some of the Broncos haters here and I was quick to snap back. 2 years ago, for the super bowl, I have my close friends and family over. Needless to say, the super bowl didn't go as planed, and at half time I was ready to throw in the towel. I was not talking with anyone, took down all the orange & blue streamers out side and inside my house, took down my blow up 8 foot touchdown bronco from outside and all of my Denver Broncos Jerseys that I had hung in the windows, I was a sore loser. Not much has changed for me, I rather watch the games alone, especially BIG games, in my man cave. I do not advertise as much outside and I will either watch this weekends game alone or at my sisters house, witch I can leave at half time and still watch the rest of the super bowl alone, at home, if needed. I'm from CT so I have a lot of Patriots fans always giving me crap. This year we finally paid it back so I am happy for now. I just hope we show up for the super bowl. It sucks losing the super bowl, for older fans, such as myself, we have been there, but to get blown out, it sucks and hangs with you for a long time. Anyways, just wanted to share and let you know you are not alone. It doesn't make you a better fan, just how we handle it differently. It's all good. I will leave with I have a great feeling about this game, and I felt confident we will come out on top. GO BRONCOS.......

I can give speeches to gigantic crowds, chat with the president of my company, etc., and none of that makes me as nervous as watching a game. I physically get cold and shaky. If I'm watching at home, I'll actually need a heated blanket and I'll shut off the TV sometimes after a particularly good or bad sequence because of nerves.

I had really bad anxiety before the patriots game, my wife would not let me watch, she feared that I will have a heart attack, the game before the bengals I got so tense I could not move my right leg. I will have to see a therapist just because my anxiety is so bad not only with football but everything in life.

Quote Originally Posted by multimoussa View Post
    I had really bad anxiety before the patriots game, my wife would not let me watch, she feared that I will have a heart attack, the game before the bengals I got so tense I could not move my right leg. I will have to see a therapist just because my anxiety is so bad not only with football but everything in life.
    Hey man on a serious note , if you are being serious defiantly see your doc. Anxiety disorder is a truly hard battle. I wish you best of health and happiness. This is beyond a football game if you are this anxious so my best wishes and thoughts are with you my friend. Take care

Some people forget its just a game, like the irate packer fan in 2011 who nearly choked her daughter to death when the packers were facing their first loss in 14 games. She then threw dishes on the floor, broke a lamp, and tried to punch her husband in the face. Was later charged with felony child abuse.

I didn't even watch the AFC title game live.. I DVR'd it and purposely avoided anything that might have the score, including Facebook. Caught up on several episodes of Shameless while the game was going on. Once I got the alert on my phone that we won, I went back and watched. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos19 View Post
    You've got to believe in your team, man. I am a Panthers fan, but Denver has a fantastic defense. I'd put them up there with just about any team this century. The '00 Ravens were better, the '13 Hawks were slightly better. But they are a fantastic group and more than capable of pulling this off.

I hope they don't, clearly, but this is not the same Denver team that got whitewashed by Seattle.

I'd be shocked if Carolina puts up 40, and even more shocked if its a blowout.

Good luck!
    Thanks Thanatos.
    Good luck to your Panthers as well.