Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks Wade. This defense looked good even in preseason. It turned out to be Super Bowl good. Historically good.

This is not the first time Wade as given us a really good defense

I kept pointing to the 1991 team AFC Champ Game that Wade was DC as a great example of what he could do when he was hired.

This defense tho....was magical...like already mentioned one could make a case for this defense being best all time.

Never seen a defense carry an offense to a Super Bowl win like this before.

Even the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens had their offense show up to the Super Bowl

To Wade

Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Wade Phillips for president.

Of the universe.

Thank you Wade Phillips. It's because of your leadership that we are Super Bowl 50 Champions. One of the best, if not the best, prepared defenses to play in the Super Bowl. Enjoy the ring. You earned it!!!

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum 5h5 hours ago
    A little Dab with do you but too much Dab will undo you!

God I love Wade. Even he is getting in on the Camfest. He must've talked to Harris. Thanks Wade
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    If Wade were a Brit he'd be Sir Son of Bum before the year ends!
    Maybe Queen Eleri will Knight him ?

100% agree, hope we can keep him for as long as possible!

What are the chances that Phillips returns to Denver (and we pay him this time to stay)?

Sweeping changes coming to Rams coaching staff, and front office also likely headed for a shakeup
    Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is virtually a lock not to return in 2020
    Jason La Canfora
    Dec 28, 2019 at 1:26 pm ET • 1 min read

The Rams are set to make significant changes to their defensive coaching staff following a disappointing 2019 season, sources said, with a front office shakeup also likely.

Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who is out of contract in 2020, is virtually certain not to be back, sources said, along with assistant head coach/linebackers Joe Barry. The Rams defense has suffered critical breakdowns throughout the season and it has been apparent there for weeks that changes were coming, sources said.

Head coach Sean McVay has lost several trusted assistants to head coach jobs in recent years and will be looking to add veteran coaches to his staff after the Rams went from nearly winning a Super Bowl to missing the playoffs entirely.

Phillips has spent 50 years in coaching and has expressed an interest in continuing to do so in 2020. But the Rams are in transition from a coaching and roster standpoint, and without a first=round pick for the next five years and with player development vital, will be looking for ways to improve in the coaching and scouting ranks.

League sources said several scouts and evaluators are set to move on next year, and while the Rams aren't going to be making big moves at the team president or general manager level, there will be additions coming to the player personnel department, possibly on the pro and college side.

The team is limited from a cash and cap standpoint given how many record-setting contracts have been handed out in recent years, including to players like Todd Gurley and Jared Goff, who did not come close to previous production. With the 49ers and Seahawks looking set up to remain contenders for years, the landscape in the NFC West is only getting more challenging.

The Rams will move into their glistening new stadium in Inglewood next year, with both they and the Chargers struggling to gain a market share, and they'll be doing so with some noticeable changes to the coaching ranks.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...for-a-shakeup/

Not sure how realistic it would be to have him back as I'm sure he would be expensive and we're already probably paying Munchak like a head coach. Imagine what having Phillips back would do for the careers of Justin Simmons, Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Dre'Mont Jones, DeMarcus Walker and possibly Kareem Jackson, CHjr., Alexander Johnson and more. Our defense was "ok" this season, but I'm not sure the amount of 4th quarter leads we blew is something to build on in the future.

Donatell and Phillips have never worked together before, with Ed coming to the Broncos the year after Phillips was fired as head coach. Perhaps Donatell could be shifted to another position like associate DC or go back to coaching secondary? How would it work with him and Fangio? They have different styles but might complement each other well, Fangio seems to stick to his style whereas Phillips adjust his schemes and playcalling to the benefit of the players' skillsets.

Either way, I would love to have Wade back in Denver. I'm thinking we would use our 2nd rd pick on a CB (if the 1st was OL) and it would make us a more attractive destination again for big name free agents.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

No thank you, we are building with what we have, and hopefully with some more talent added on the defensive side, we will take even more steps forward next year. Also, Wade is overrated around here, he had elite level talent in 2015, and without it has always seen his defenses slowly fade after year 1 with a new team, and seen them under perform. I believe Fangio got more than he should have out of our current roster, and that is a testament to what he is building here.

It's funny, does anyone remember Wink ? Don Martindale ? He was hated here, but he was handicapped with maybe the worst roster I have ever seen on the defensive side courtesy of Josh McDaniels, he is now being considered and interviewed for head coaching jobs. Elite talent at your disposal as a coach can really help your career prosper.

It's Vic Fangio's D. Too many cooks spoil the stew.

Wade, was great in 2015 but that team is long gone. This is Vic Fangios defense and theres no way he's changing or shaking things up now. Wolfe and Harris lead the team in sacks on a defense that featured Von Miller. That is a historical feat and I for one want to see where this goes with Donatel and Fangio.

Wades defenses slowly fade while Vics get better!

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    What are the chances that Phillips returns to Denver (and we pay him this time to stay)?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...for-a-shakeup/

Not sure how realistic it would be to have him back as I'm sure he would be expensive and we're already probably paying Munchak like a head coach. Imagine what having Phillips back would do for the careers of Justin Simmons, Von Miller, Bradley Chubb, Dre'Mont Jones, DeMarcus Walker and possibly Kareem Jackson, CHjr., Alexander Johnson and more. Our defense was "ok" this season, but I'm not sure the amount of 4th quarter leads we blew is something to build on in the future.

Donatell and Phillips have never worked together before, with Ed coming to the Broncos the year after Phillips was fired as head coach. Perhaps Donatell could be shifted to another position like associate DC or go back to coaching secondary? How would it work with him and Fangio? They have different styles but might complement each other well, Fangio seems to stick to his style whereas Phillips adjust his schemes and playcalling to the benefit of the players' skillsets.

Either way, I would love to have Wade back in Denver. I'm thinking we would use our 2nd rd pick on a CB (if the 1st was OL) and it would make us a more attractive destination again for big name free agents.
    I would hope not. This is the second time a team has moved on from him the year after they went to the Super Bowl. Obviously there are some issues there that we don't know about. And back when he left there were rumours him feeling the D v O split that happened with the team. I have no idea if that's accurate, but if it were he's the last thing they need for a young O on the other side.