Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pick One: Malik Jackson or Demayius Thomas

Forget the cap implications, who would you rather have going forward?

Malik is an elite 3/4 DE that's moves easily to tackle, can stop the run and is entering his prime as a pass rusher.

Thomas is an all pro that is coming off the worst Super Bowl by a #1 WR ever. But still had 1300 yards and he does hold the record for most receptions in a SB ever.

Tough call, but for the sake of balance, and helping our young QB, I say DT.

Malik Jackson. No doubt.

Ware - Jackson - Wolfe - Miller

That's the core of this team. The heart of the D.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Malik.......

Thomas' contract cannot let us jettison him as his cap hit is around 15mill. Trading him is an even bigger hit. I want Malik to stay, but we simply can't sacrifice that cap just because we're unhappy with Thomas.

Sorry just read the first sentence of your post. Kinda overlooked it at work

Malik, build a rushing offense to compliment the defense. Big time Receivers are the most overrated piece of a football team.

Malik easily. This defense won a Super Bowl in spite of one of the worst offenses I've seen in the post season for a while.

DT hasn't made many impressive plays whatsoever since the AFC Divisional Title against the Steelers. Dude is soft and not worth losing anyone on the defense.

Malik Jackson by far! I vote DT traded for a QB if Brock dont sign.

Malik and it isn't even close, as a matter of fact I would take Malik's daughter assuming he has one.

Yup I'm with Malik. Even if DT played up to his contract I think most people would choose Malik. Having a bigtime Defensive Tackle who can stop the run and get pressure on the QB as much as he does is big. WRs can be found for cheap a lot of times especially when you have a great QB that makes them look good. Plus we have Sanders who is better than DT in just about everyway.

Malik Jackson no question.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Malik Jackson. No doubt.

Ware - Jackson - Wolfe - Miller

That's the core of this team. The heart of the D.
    I want to hang on to CJ but can't argue
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Malik, but I think he may cost us too much unfortunately. DT is here to stay unless they could find a trade partner. I think everyone should get of Thomas' back. As I wrote in a similar post the numbers DT has put up are only lacking in the TD department. Some of what people view as struggles come from the offense struggling in general. New coach, new system, two different QBs that struggled at times for different reasons, bad o-line play. Sure he had drops, but let's not rush to conclusions until we see him in a full year in the true Kubiak system with an improved line and Oz under center.

Quote Originally Posted by CDUB1620 View Post
    Malik, but I think he may cost us too much unfortunately. DT is here to stay unless they could find a trade partner. I think everyone should get of Thomas' back. As I wrote in a similar post the numbers DT has put up are only lacking in the TD department. Some of what people view as struggles come from the offense struggling in general. New coach, new system, two different QBs that struggled at times for different reasons, bad o-line play. Sure he had drops, but let's not rush to conclusions until we see him in a full year in the true Kubiak system with an improved line and Oz under center.
    Stats and numbers cannot measure heart. Passion. Watching DT out there is like watching a psych-ward escapee.

Thomas. Denver already has a good d-line, you can't spend all of your money in only one place, the new QB will need weapons to work with, despite his poor playoffs Thomas has the skills to be a great offensive player, he's done it previously.

Both. We can have both