Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMRED View Post
    What have those numbers gotten us? No where really but a few flashy records a Super Bowl humiliation, and zero heart to show for it.

Tebow had garbage stats but was able to win games. Understand that in today's passing league numbers don't mean wins. You can't measure heart, and focus on a stat. That's why Fox was fired. Couldn't go down kicking and screaming.

If DT is not dropping the ball he's looking lost. I can't remember the last time I've seen him fight a corner for a pass.

Kid has made a career on well executed bubble screens and sheer athletic ability. Takes more than that to be a true top 5 in my opinion.

The Broncos have won more with Thomas than they ever won with Tebow, so how does that argument fit? They've also been to two Super Bowls winning one, they did not achieve that with Tebow.

It's funny that the only player who should not be blamed in the "Super Bowl humiliation" is the one you're singling out for it.

I think it's more likely: Malik or Ware.

Ware has un-guaranteed 10 mil contract that probably won't be picked up... He would take a pay cut... But not much... He got his ring... So what's the incentive... His playoff performance will have some team wiling to shell out a 2-3 year deal.

Broncos cannot afford to lose both DL guys... JAX seem to come at our free agents yearly (Beadles, Thomas).... Expect them to throw gobs of cash at Malik.

To me, Malik and Trevathon and Von are must re-sign guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The Broncos have won more with Thomas than they ever won with Tebow, so how does that argument fit? They've also been to two Super Bowls winning one, they did not achieve that with Tebow.

It's funny that the only player who should not be blamed in the "Super Bowl humiliation" is the one you're singling out for it.
    Yep, convinced me.

Need Malik back.

As several above have said from a cap perspective we'll have DT.

He's had his share of struggles but has made key plays. One of the things overlooked with DT is the coverage he draws. We saw last night how teams put their best on DT. Sometimes that leaves others open to make plays. This doesn't excuse DT from the areas he needs to improve.

I think DT needs an influence like Ware to challenge him to be better. Ware said he challenged Von every day. Think of where Von was before Ware mentored him to the next level.

I've been as critical of DT as anyone but still believe he can play a key role in the offense moving forward.

Malik.

Tired of DT being so soft...I'm a fan of him overall but I'll take a Phillip Dorsett type or Phillip Dorsett himself for 1/10 the price.

Tired of this dude playing like a woman. Sometimes he doesn't deserve the blame but he overall does play way too soft.

I'd keep Jackson all day.

I'd trade DT honestly

^ *but you can't because his salary structure makes it even worse for us I believe

And as another poster pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think it's more likely: Malik or Ware.

Ware has un-guaranteed 10 mil contract that probably won't be picked up... He would take a pay cut... But not much... He got his ring... So what's the incentive... His playoff performance will have some team wiling to shell out a 2-3 year deal.

Broncos cannot afford to lose both DL guys... JAX seem to come at our free agents yearly (Beadles, Thomas).... Expect them to throw gobs of cash at Malik.

To me, Malik and Trevathon and Von are must re-sign guys.
    I think Jackson ends up with Oakland or Chicago, he knows the coaches in both places and Oakland has a lot of money to spend.

There's one thing that people are overlooking when discussing any of our free agents (except for Miller who will give the franchise tag) it's possible that they pull a Knighton and decide that they just want to get paid, whichever team gives them the most money, right down to the penny will be where they sign.

Not everyone just wants to stick with one team, nor is everyone willing to take less. These players got their rings, they might just decide it's time to get paid. And with how much some teams have to spend, Denver just might not be able to keep them.

You can trade DT however his signing bonus stays against Denver's cap even if another team picks up the remainder of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    ^ *but you can't because his salary structure makes it even worse for us I believe

And as another poster pointed out

Signing bonus. When a player is released or traded their signing bonus (which is paid at the beginning of the contract but split equally over the entire life of the contract) gets accelerated and counts against the cap.

As an example I sign you to a 5 year contract with a $10 million signing bonus. The bonus hit for each of the 5 years is $2 million. However if I decide to release you, or trade you, after year 1, the remaining $8 million is accelerated and becomes dead money in year 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think Jackson ends up with Oakland or Chicago, he knows the coaches in both places and Oakland has a lot of money to spend.

There's one thing that people are overlooking when discussing any of our free agents (except for Miller who will give the franchise tag) it's possible that they pull a Knighton and decide that they just want to get paid, whichever team gives them the most money, right down to the penny will be where they sign.

Not everyone just wants to stick with one team, nor is everyone willing to take less. These players got their rings, they might just decide it's time to get paid. And with how much some teams have to spend, Denver just might not be able to keep them.
    Do you think players consider taxes when they make that decision? Players can make millions more going to another team and the taxes in that state can eat a big chunk of the money.

Trading DT would create a 25M cap hit...I know the OP does not want it in the equation, but it is a fantasy to not look at it. I could say DT or A Rodgers and it be just as likely.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Do you think players consider taxes when they make that decision? Players can make millions more going to another team and the taxes in that state can eat a big chunk of the money.
    That's a good point, some probably do, others probably don't think about it. In that case the Florida and Texas teams are valuable to players because neither have a state income tax.

Second worst thread of the day.

Apparently it's true what they say around here though. Even a SB can't stop the petty arguments of this community. It's a crying shame what I'm seeing happen today.

I'd take MJ. Wish there was some way we could trade DT without a cap penalty as I'd love to see that happen to keep MJ, Miller, and Os.

I'd take MJ. Wish there was some way we could trade DT without a cap penalty as I'd love to see that happen to keep MJ, Miller, and Os.
    I posted this response in another thread and saw your post. I would trade Demaryius in this scenario and take the cap hit:

If we traded Demaryius we would save $4million in cap space. His $13million 2016 salary would be covered by the new team and we would have an $8.8 million cap hit on his remaining signing bonus.

If a team offered us a 1st or high 2nd rounder for Demaryius, I would pull the trigger and use that money towards getting Malik signed. Than draft a stud with our pick (O-line preferably). Malik's year to year salary would pretty much wash what we were paying DT

I think a team like the Dolphins with Adam Gase would love to get a guy like Demaryius for his type of offence...because they don't have to pay any of signing bonus they would be getting him for just over $10 million a year which seems like great value.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them