Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Peyton manning could help turn the broncos into a dynasty as a offensive cordinator

Peyton is the best football mind the nfl has ever seen and brock has raw talent. I believe as a player manning didn't help brock as much as he could because he was his competition but i believe manning will never walk away from this game he loves it so much.

Imagine brocks strong arm and raw skills with peytons mind and play calling .Peyton could do wonders for brock and even call out audibles to brock when he sees them . I believe elway could make it happen and if it does it could be key with elway upgrading the offensive line next year to making the broncos a dynasty .

There's zero chance that Manning goes into coaching next year, ZERO. If he's going to retire (which seems likely) why would you give up those long days and that grind to face even longer days without the Tuesday off? Coaches probably work 60 hours a week during the season, for a guy worth well over $100 million, it seems like a bad decision.

I think Manning takes a year or two off and then comes back as a personnel guy like Elway, perhaps also with part ownership in a team.

I hear what you're saying Butler, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if 60 hours would be considered a short week. I think Peyton will want to spend some time with his family and we will see him come back to football in a year or two. Personally, I'm not a big fan of his style of offense and it's not a good fit moving forward with Kubes.

Butler may be on to something. I think Peyton's micromanagement days may be over. He may move on to a position of delegation (if any). Or work on being a father.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    I hear what you're saying Butler, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if 60 hours would be considered a short week. I think Peyton will want to spend some time with his family and we will see him come back to football in a year or two. Personally, I'm not a big fan of his style of offense and it's not a good fit moving forward with Kubes.
    Are you a fan of anything the best QB in the game ever has done?

could be a good QB coach.

From what I've heard, he might be doing something with the Titans, either in a GM position or something in a management position with them. His wife is part owner of the Memphis Grizzlies and I heard they are thinking of moving down there.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Elway did, and he's worth a lot more than Manning. Just saying. Though I agree that we won't see Manning coaching next season, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    From what I've heard, he might be doing something with the Titans, either in a GM position or something in a management position with them. His wife is part owner of the Memphis Grizzlies and I heard they are thinking of moving down there.
    manning is good friends with elway i do believe his high football iq could be helpful to the broncos , he loves the game he played beat down for the past year for his love of the game and just because he liked to throw the ball alot doesnt mean he is gonna make brock throw down field every play he will adapt now that he learned not leaning on the qb the whole game wins superbowls it would be so good for brock i do believe he can turn him into a great qb and make him a elite QB

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Are you a fan of anything the best QB in the game ever has done?
    Of course I am, I think you need to learn to read without the emotional ties to Manning clouding you mind. This season was one long illustration of the Manning and Kubiak offenses not meshing well. I'm not a fan of his offense because it is a pure finesse offense that can be pushed around quite easily. It also takes a special breed of QB to run effectively, not many brains out there like Peyton's let alone the work it takes. As far as best ever, whatevs, not getting into that nonsense anymore.

David Cutcliffe (Peyton's college coach and good friend), said in an interview that he didn't see Peyton coaching. He doesn't think he would have the patience to coach. But he also said he wouldn't be surprised if Peyton did end up coaching in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Before he signed here Bud Adams offered him ownership in the team to sign there, the league nixed that quickly. But a few years ago I remember hearing a rumour that when the Titans become available the Browns owner will attempt to buy them and sell the Browns. Jimmy Haslam is from Tennessee, still lives in Knoxville and is graduate of the University of Tennessee, so it makes some sense. He's also a big booster of Volunteers Football and is apparently a friend of Manning's.

Quote Originally Posted by sheenabobeena View Post
    David Cutcliffe (Peyton's college coach and good friend), said in an interview that he didn't see Peyton coaching. He doesn't think he would have the patience to coach. But he also said he wouldn't be surprised if Peyton did end up coaching in some capacity.

There's a story from Magic Johnson that I love, after retirement (the second time) he became the head coach of the Lakers for a short period, apparently he found it incredibly frustrating because he would see his players playing and couldn't understand why they couldn't do the things that he was capable of. I could see Manning finding it way too frustrating to see a QB not able to identify the defense the way he was able to.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsx3 View Post
    Elway did, and he's worth a lot more than Manning. Just saying. Though I agree that we won't see Manning coaching next season, if ever.
    That's not an accurate statement. Peyton has the second highest net worth in the history of the NFL, only trailing Roger Staubach

I would like that a lot.

I wish we could get good as a screen game to the running back for the second and 11 situations, when we get stuffed running on 1st though.

I'm not sure who is responsible for the prayer passes to the outside that largely fall harmlessly incomplete, Peyton or who ever the OC is today.

Especially when I'm screaming "run a screen" at the TV.