Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    229
    At the end of his speech I was hoping he was going to say he planned on running for President of the United States...Actually I think he would have a good chance in the next 8 years or so.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Playsmart View Post
    At the end of his speech I was hoping he was going to say he planned on running for President of the United States...Actually I think he would have a good chance in the next 8 years or so.
    Well Chrissy has said she's gonna run his campaign so I think he's covered on that one.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Well Chrissy has said she's gonna run his campaign so I think he's covered on that one.
    LOL...that emoticon is so wrong. Accurate, but wrong.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,397
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
    That's really something, IMHO. Do you have a link for this? It's almost hard for me to believe he wants to stay in CO. I for sure thought he'd be heading back to TN. I guess he REALLY did like it here more than he might have led on? Kinda cool if this is true, and honestly, welcome home, Peyton
    Here you go:
    http://www.9news.com/sports/in-the-e...doubt/72637809

    Why is it so surprising though? Many players who weren't drafted by the Broncos chose to stay and make it their home, Brian Dawkins and Brandon Stokley comes to mind. Besides, Denver was just named the best city to live in 2016 with Austin, TX taking second place.

    http://realestate.usnews.com/places/...places-to-live
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Here you go:
    http://www.9news.com/sports/in-the-e...doubt/72637809

    Why is it so surprising though? Many players who weren't drafted by the Broncos chose to stay and make it their home, Brian Dawkins and Brandon Stokley comes to mind. Besides, Denver was just named the best city to live in 2016 with Austin, TX taking second place.

    http://realestate.usnews.com/places/...places-to-live
    Thanks for the link. I hope Peyton closes the door on his way in. Just kidding..kinda.

    All we've heard is Tennessee this and that. I for sure thought he would be heading back there. I wonder what his statement about him staying in CO does for his chances of becoming a front office player for the Titans? If he's retired and wants to spend more time with his kids, I don't see it happening seeing how much time it evidently takes to be a front office executive.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,515
    He should be our OC.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,397
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
    Thanks for the link. I hope Peyton closes the door on his way in. Just kidding..kinda.

    All we've heard is Tennessee this and that. I for sure thought he would be heading back there. I wonder what his statement about him staying in CO does for his chances of becoming a front office player for the Titans? If he's retired and wants to spend more time with his kids, I don't see it happening seeing how much time it evidently takes to be a front office executive.
    I think he's eventually going to explore the possibilities of becoming an owner in the form of a minority stake, either through a buyout or league expansion ( la Jerry Richardson did in the 90s).

    He would be a great fit for TV but I'm just not seeing it, I think he will want more than that like Elway.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    9news is reporting that Manning intends to stay in Denver as their permanent home. Any chances he joins the Broncos as part owner or as an executive in the future?

    That would be awesome!!!
    I've mentioned that before.

    It's a sad fact that it's likely that Pat Bowlen won't be with us at some point in the not too distant future. I'd love to see both John Elway and Peyton Manning take an Ownership and management position in the Broncos franchise. You would have the two smartest people in the NFL running this Franchise. And frankly, I'm not looking forward to a Franchise adrift, in the hands of Mrs. Bowlen and the Bowlen kids. I know the son was suspended from his management position following some serious legal issues involving alcohol, drugs, and a frightened girl friend. I don't know what his status is, now. And I believe I read that a Bowlen daughter has been impressive in her involvement on a "Marketing" level for the Broncos.

    Alternatively, I'd like to see the team taken Public, similar to Green Bay, where the fans would have a chance to invest, and we'd have a Board of Directors accountable to the Shareholders AND to the Taxpayers who supply the source of the Franchises income (the stadium). It would be a HUGE money maker for ownership, and would guarantee long-term stability.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •