Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyanimal8 View Post
    I hope he doesn't go anywhere else. Great player to have on our roster and definitely a difference maker. Take him out of the game and tell me our chances of winning the game.
    10% if that ... the rest of the D was getting pressure but not the pressure Von was putting on! 2 strip sacks that lead to 14 of our 24 points!

PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!

0% chance this doesn't get done at some point. It will be a long process but Von ain't going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but Peytons 19mill coming off the books, cant we just transfer that over to Von? Basically swapping Peytons cap to Von? I know its going to be more than 19 a year but Peytons salary is going to be 80% of Vons new one.
    He needs to retire first to make it that easy. Plus that only solves one year. I'm sure Von wants 5-6 years.

Also if heaven forbid Peyton can't see that it's time to quit then what does Elway do? He would be the first GM in NFL history to cut a Super Bowl champion QB in the same offseason.

He had the best game of his career. We heaped praise on him in abundance.

...Then he went and outdid himself on the biggest stage of them all and raised the bar even higher than what he'd set it in the AFC Championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    You simply do not let a guy like von walk not even for 2 1st rounders. Hes a once in a generation player and the super bowl is exactly the way all of us wants him to play when we need him
    Exactly, you don't know what you'll get from the draft . We know what we have with 58. Don't know if I heard it right but they said it was only the 10th time the SB MVP was a defensive player

Von has 60 sacks already... D-Thomas had 66 (thru same amount of games played... If Von wasnt hurt/suspended... He would match or surpass that)... DT and LT and now VON!!!

DEN should learn from DAL mistake... They tagged DEZ, then lost Murray to PHI, thrn ended up giving DEZ his money.

Get the extension done pronto so we can tag Malik.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Von has 60 sacks already... D-Thomas had 66 (thru same amount of games played... If Von wasnt hurt/suspended... He would match or surpass that)... DT and LT and now VON!!!

DEN should learn from DAL mistake... They tagged DEZ, then lost Murray to PHI, thrn ended up giving DEZ his money.

Get the extension done pronto so we can tag Malik.
    Yeah true. They got rid of a great back and tagged dez instead. Look what happened to their run game.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    He needs to retire first to make it that easy. Plus that only solves one year. I'm sure Von wants 5-6 years.

Also if heaven forbid Peyton can't see that it's time to quit then what does Elway do? He would be the first GM in NFL history to cut a Super Bowl champion QB in the same offseason.
    I believe the Ravens cut Trent Dilfer after they won the Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness007 View Post
    Von Miller is trying to bring Johnny Football to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let's hope they leave Johnny football right where he is. That kid is a serious punk

Quote Originally Posted by Greatness007 View Post
    Von Miller is trying to bring Johnny Football to Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As a drunk homeless?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

It looks like there will be no criminal charges against Johnny Manziel. Von Miller is trying to bring him to Denver!!!!!!

That girl is bat crazy. Remember Brandon Marshall's girl? Never right to hit a gal, but we cannot judge when we do not know the story...

With that said... Manziel at a show-me 1 year, 1 mil deal might be better than Brock at 15 mil per.... Who knows.

I do know Elway wont bring in a bad apple... Manziel would have to be contrite, willing to give up partying, and be part of the recovery process. It's just an option in case Brock leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Do you guys think he is worth two first round draft picks?

I certainly do and if we franchise tag him, you can expect someone like bill belichick or jerry Jones to step in and part with those picks and clean house to make room for him.

This is why it is extremely important that we resign him. The dogs are going to come and they are going to come hard.

Even if it means we let Brock Osweiler go, trade Demarius Thomas to make room but we have to resign him.

At the end of the game sunday when both Von and Demarcus came out the pass rush between Barret and Ray wasnt nearly as dominate. Just saying!
    I'm confused. Are you suggesting the Broncos trade Von Miller? If we put the Franchise Tag on Von, then he is bound to us for a year. Maybe you are thinking about the "Non-exclusive" tag which allows a player to sign with another team that then has to give up the "two first round draft picks"?

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'm confused. Are you suggesting the Broncos trade Von Miller? If we put the Franchise Tag on Von, then he is bound to us for a year. Maybe you are thinking about the "Non-exclusive" tag which allows a player to sign with another team that then has to give up the "two first round draft picks"?
    No. What I am saying is, even if we put the franchise tag on him, I think there are still organizations out there that will part with two first-round picks and a hundred million dollars to get Von Miller.

If we put the franchise tag on him and somebody makes an offer I believe the Denver Broncos have to match that offer. I'm not sure but as long as they give him an offer that he is satisfied with and surrender two first round picks they could sign him.

I could be wrong.

I hope we can get the deal done before what is it March 9th? It'd be nice to use the franchise tag on Malik instead. We need to keep as much of this defense together.

Are there any other important defensive signings we need to make other than Von, Malik and Danny?