Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    No. What I am saying is, even if we put the franchise tag on him, I think there are still organizations out there that will part with two first-round picks and a hundred million dollars to get Von Miller.

If we put the franchise tag on him and somebody makes an offer I believe the Denver Broncos have to match that offer. I'm not sure but as long as they give him an offer that he is satisfied with and surrender two first round picks they could sign him.

I could be wrong.
    I'm not positive but I think you are getting it mixed up with a restricted free agent. The point of a franchise tag is so that he cannot leave for another organization.

I think Trevathan is gone. And to the Bears to be back with Fox. He is good but replaceable IMO. We have ample depth to cover for Trevathan. I hope we can keep Miller, Osweiler and Jackson in that order.
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I'm not positive but I think you are getting it mixed up with a restricted free agent. The point of a franchise tag is so that he cannot leave for another organization.

Franchise Tag
    A. Exclusive = only current team can negotiate
    B. Non Exclusive = Can negotiate with anyone, team has right to match or receives 2 1st round picks.

Transition Tag

Player can negotiate with everyone, current team can match, but gets no compensation.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots