Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway as a GM

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    read my post in the appropriate thread i just made, i'm not going to make the same damn argument in multiple threads anymore.

odd that you talk about facts when i am literally the only one providing links backing up what i say.
    Here's are some facts:
    Von Miller is a Denver Bronco
    Denver broncos are defending Afc west, Conference, and Superbowl Champs.
    Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than Brock Osweiler.
    Mark Sanchez has a better record and playoff rating than Phillip Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Here's are some facts:
    Von Miller is a Denver Bronco
    Denver broncos are defending Afc west, Conference, and Superbowl Champs.
    Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than Brock Osweiler.
    Mark Sanchez has a better record and playoff rating than Phillip Rivers.
    LMAO so you got nothing as usual? yes i know you think buttfumble is better than rivers, that is the only fact that needs to be considered here lol

More Facts :
    With five division titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one world championship in Elway's reign, the Broncos are a smashing success.
    Only the New England Patriots have the same collection of accomplishments in that span.

But before those last five years, the Patriots were already at cruising altitude, with Tom Brady in his prime and 10 consecutive winning seasons to their name. Bill Belichick's Patriots didn't need to build; they had to maintain.

Elway had a far more daunting task: to rebuild the Broncos and bring them back to the elite -- a place that seemed far out of sight.

He arrived and inherited a hollow roster. There were a handful of valuable contributors and a few young players with potential. There were also backup-caliber players who were starting, and some reserves who might not have been able to make another team

All info from Andrew Mason @ DenverBroncos.com (article: Winning "from now on" is just what John Elway has done July 21, 2016)

So the guy Baphs calls overrated has achieved what only one other team has in the last 5 years, and that team has what many consider the greatest QB and HC of all time but Elway is overrated?
    I think everyone is in agreement this is another area where Baphs got it wrong!!!
    Last edited by 58Miller; 07-25-2016 at 01:07 PM.

More Facts :
    With five division titles, two Super Bowl appearances and one world championship in Elway's reign, the Broncos are a smashing success.
    Only the New England Patriots have the same collection of accomplishments in that span.

But before those last five years, the Patriots were already at cruising altitude, with Tom Brady in his prime and 10 consecutive winning seasons to their name. Bill Belichick's Patriots didn't need to build; they had to maintain.

Elway had a far more daunting task: to rebuild the Broncos and bring them back to the elite -- a place that seemed far out of sight.

He arrived and inherited a hollow roster. There were a handful of valuable contributors and a few young players with potential. There were also backup-caliber players who were starting, and some reserves who might not have been able to make another team

All info from Andrew Mason @ DenverBroncos.com (article: Winning "from now on" is just what John Elway has done July 21, 2016)

So the guy Baphs calls overrated has achieved what only one other team has in the last 5 years, and that team has what many consider the greatest QB and HC of all time but Elway is overrated?
    I think everyone is in agreement this is another area where Baphs got it wrong!!!

but all he has done is write big checks putting us in cap hell...its true!!!, I heard bap say it

dont look at the fact that despite all these big cap killing checks....we have only 2.6 mill less in cap left verses the great telesco, on top of the 5 straight afc west titles, two afc championships and that thing called a super bowl championship

don't let our projected 39 mill 2017 cap space fool you...that's cap hell

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver had three compensatory picks this year, and four last year. Next year they may have four again, and they will be tradeable. I guess other teams like Elway's draft picks.
    If for no other reason they like them for season ticket sales.
    Also IIRC prior to this year most of those that left were Mc Ds picks.

Last year was the first year Johns picks really came on the market.

Baphamuppet is nothing but a troll. Only a troll would question Elways ability as a GM.
    This is the same guy that said Rivers was going to be a first ballot hall of famer and have multiple SB rings.
    Ok guy.... Its probably lights out at the funny farm now so come back tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Baphamuppet is nothing but a troll. Only a troll would question Elways ability as a GM.
    This is the same guy that said Rivers was going to be a first ballot hall of famer and have multiple SB rings.
    Ok guy.... Its probably lights out at the funny farm now so come back tomorrow!!
    boo hoo you are making jokes about the funny farm!!

yeah only a troll would say bad stuff about elway!!! WHAHHHHHHH!!

why do you come to smack if you are so damn sensitive? that's what i want to know.

oh and i would love for you to show me when i said rivers would be a first ballot hall of famer

trolls lie and that's what you just did, guess that makes you a troll too huh? don't cry about it though, it's going to be okay!

boo hoo you are making jokes about the funny farm!!

yeah only a troll would say bad stuff about elway!!! WHAHHHHHHH!!

why do you come to smack if you are so damn sensitive? that's what i want to know.

oh and i would love for you to show me when i said rivers would be a first ballot hall of famer

trolls lie and that's what you just did, guess that makes you a troll too huh? don't cry about it though, it's going to be okay!
    Sensitive? You want to talk sensitive? Bradley Roby has a Super Bowl ring, what you got say about that??? Lol

I hate to say it you man but I don't think you're going to see the Chargers win a Super Bowl this lifetime.

Not the way that team is going right now. Just my opinion!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-26-2016 at 08:14 AM.

More Facts :

Is that your kid baph?

I didn't know they planted forrest that deep, deep enough to grow the kind of girls that would date you!

Elway a not overrated, cmon your not that ignorant, he's only the winningest GM over the last five years.

Stop hating and spread the love his way because you know you want too and that's ok, you can't fight your feelings...!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-26-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sensitive? You want to talk sensitive? Bradley Roby has a Super Bowl ring, what you got say about that??? Lol

I hate to say to you man but I don't think you're going to see the Chargers win the Super Bowl this lifetime but the way the team is being ran for the way things are going for them right now. Just my opinion!
    ive said plenty and you know what? if the chargers never win a SB that will be okay. ive gone this long as a dedicated fan of multiple teams that have never won a championship, their success is out of my hands.

what i do know is if they did, i wouldn't need to resort to trophy smack but it seems i hit a nerve there sam, don't worry you will think of some smack material one day!

ive said plenty and you know what? if the chargers never win a SB that will be okay. ive gone this long as a dedicated fan of multiple teams that have never won a championship, their success is out of my hands.

what i do know is if they did, i wouldn't need to resort to trophy smack but it seems i hit a nerve there sam, don't worry you will think of some smack material one day!
    Wow you sure have a way of categorizing things but it's not trophies smack. It's not even smack, we've earned the right to parade our trophies, that is why they've were presented to us... Geezzz baph you should become a GB fan so you could have some cheese with that whine!

Is that your kid baph?

I didn't know they planted forrest that deep, deep enough to grow the kind of girls that would date you!
    sam! i'm so hurt now!!

Wow you sure have a way of categorizing things but it's not trophies smack. It's not even smack, we've earned the right to parade our trophies, that is why they've were presented to us... Geezzz baph you should become a GB fan so you could have some cheese with that whine!
    LOL uh huh, it's just all you can come up with in a smack talking forum? you are right about one thing, it isn't smack....not real smack anyway.

LOL uh huh, it's just all you can come up with in a smack talking forum? you are right about one thing, it isn't smack....not real smack anyway.
    And ripping the winningest GM over the last five years out of jealousy is? Sure.

I'd hate to see what you'd say about
    Dean Spanos or Tom Telesco but based on what you said here,
    I've said plenty and you know what? if the chargers never win a SB that will be okay. ive gone this long as a dedicated fan of multiple teams that have never won a championship, their success is out of my hands.
    your ok with losing.

As for parading Broncos bling in your face, it isn't considered smack to be proud of our trophies but you are having trouble understanding that and therefore you say "but it isn't smack it isn't smack" that my friend is pure jealousy and no I'm not trying to smack you with it, I'm just proud to parade but take it however you want.