Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 935

Thread: Elway as a GM

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,890
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ive said plenty and you know what? if the chargers never win a SB that will be okay. ive gone this long as a dedicated fan of multiple teams that have never won a championship, their success is out of my hands.

    what i do know is if they did, i wouldn't need to resort to trophy smack but it seems i hit a nerve there sam, don't worry you will think of some smack material one day!
    ya..cause we all believe the guy who is resorting to your gm who has won five straight afc wests, two afc championships and a superbowl ...is over rated...and our first string cb is better than your backup, smack..would refuse to use trophy smack

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    And ripping the winningest GM over the last five years out of jealousy is? Sure.

    I'd hate to see what you'd say about
    Dean Spanos or Tom Telesco but based on what you said here,

    your ok with losing.

    As for parading Broncos bling in your face, it isn't considered smack to be proud of our trophies but you are having trouble understanding that and therefore you say "but it isn't smack it isn't smack" that my friend is pure jealousy and no I'm not trying to smack you with it, I'm just proud to parade but take it however you want.
    hes well known for having losers mentality....he stated after our SB loss he would rather lose in the post or not make the post, rather than get to and lose a sb

    well our loss is what propelled Elway to fix the defense and win one two years later

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sensitive? You want to talk sensitive? Bradley Roby has a Super Bowl ring, what you got say about that??? Lol

    I hate to say it you man but I don't think you're going to see the Chargers win a Super Bowl this lifetime.

    Not the way that team is going right now. Just my opinion!
    There are 3 teams in division that are clearly better than the bolts. IIRC They did NOT win a division last year.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    ya..cause we all believe the guy who is resorting to your gm who has won five straight afc wests, two afc championships and a superbowl ...is over rated...and our first string cb is better than your backup, smack..would refuse to use trophy smack
    Dude was a habitual Division title polisher during the Chargers "reign", and his excuse was that it was current.

    He's polished Nebraska titles too, lol

    Now, we've won another Super Bowl and he want's to put his finger in his ears.

    Baph is a hypocrite. The only person that doesn't realize it is him...

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,443
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Dude was a habitual Division title polisher during the Chargers "reign", and his excuse was that it was current.

    He's polished Nebraska titles too, lol

    Now, we've won another Super Bowl and he want's to put his finger in his ears.

    Baph is a hypocrite. The only person that doesn't realize it is him...
    All we have is trophy smack!......What is better than that? That's what everyone plays for right?
    But then again Baphs thinks LT's regular season stats are more impressive than TD's postseason achievements. Loser mentality!

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,890
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...u165zmbrcgy8tr
    Joey Bosa vs. Chargers a case of mutually assured dysfunction

    And then there was one.

    Joey Bosa, the No. 3 overall pick by the Chargers in the 2016 NFL Draft, is now the only rookie first-rounder who hasn't signed in 2016. Both Bosa and the Chargers think they have justifiable reason for not agreeing to terms, but they are losing a lot more by not giving in to the other.


    its just too bad the chargers didn't have an overrated GM

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by kishzilla View Post
    Dude was a habitual Division title polisher during the Chargers "reign", and his excuse was that it was current.

    He's polished Nebraska titles too, lol

    Now, we've won another Super Bowl and he want's to put his finger in his ears.

    Baph is a hypocrite. The only person that doesn't realize it is him...
    show me where i polished Nebraska titles or division titles for that matter.

    making crap up doesn't make it so. the only thing i have said is i do indeed know what it's like for my team to win a championship when people act like i don't.

    i don't go around just posting lame pictured of empty trophy cases when i am left with nothing else to say, that is for damn sure.

    as far as talking about current football, your team has one of the worst start QB situations in the NFL with a highly questionable OL and running game going into the season.

    the problem is you demand all this respect then cry troll when you don't get it, simply because you won the SB last season. well, i'm sorry to break it to you but your team doesn't trike as the type to even have a chance to repeat unless somehow lynch comes out of the gate on fire.

    it's not like i am the only one that thinks this way, most people feel like the broncos have taken a step back this season and they were not juggernauts last season to begin with as a whole.

    sorry if that hurts your feelings and triggers another kish tantrum but that's just my opinion and an opinion most people outside of donkeyville tend to agree with to some extent.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    All we have is trophy smack!......What is better than that? That's what everyone plays for right?
    But then again Baphs thinks LT's regular season stats are more impressive than TD's postseason achievements. Loser mentality!
    i guess the entire world has a losers mentality then because LT is going to the HOF before TD is

    8 games in the playoffs doesn't make a career, that's what you can't seem to wrap your brain around.

    another thing is, positional players are not judged by winning like coaches and QB's are. the broncos have a RB in the HOF who never even went to the playoffs one time

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    And ripping the winningest GM over the last five years out of jealousy is? Sure.

    I'd hate to see what you'd say about
    Dean Spanos or Tom Telesco but based on what you said here,

    your ok with losing.

    As for parading Broncos bling in your face, it isn't considered smack to be proud of our trophies but you are having trouble understanding that and therefore you say "but it isn't smack it isn't smack" that my friend is pure jealousy and no I'm not trying to smack you with it, I'm just proud to parade but take it however you want.
    the underlined really says it all about the bandwagoning front runners mentality. am i ok with losing? well, that would depend on if i had control over it or not?

    are you suggesting i be like so many broncos fans and become a fan of a team simply because they are good or have a winning tradition?

    my hate for elway is based on him beating the heck out of my team for so many years, so you could argue that is jealously, sure.

    but am i jealous of any of you fans? not at all. i'm not jealous of front runner fans especially those that have no idea what it means to be a true die hard fan.

    i know what you are thinking..."but i'm die hard!!!!!" you may be a loyal fan but no, you are not a die hard fan......you have to be put in a situation where you are willing support a bad team for an extended amount of time and remain loyal, in order to be considered die hard in my mind.

    so yeah, wave that ring around like it's some personal accomplishment.....you didn't earn it, all you did is sit your ass on the coach like the rest of us and watched it happen on TV.

    how is that for trophy smack?

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i guess the entire world has a losers mentality then because LT is going to the HOF before TD is

    8 games in the playoffs doesn't make a career, that's what you can't seem to wrap your brain around.

    another thing is, positional players are not judged by winning like coaches and QB's are. the broncos have a RB in the HOF who never even went to the playoffs one time
    Those 8 playoff games that TD played are unmatched... the best in playoff history and might never be duplicated.

    Im sure LT would give up a few years of his career for 1 of TDs rings.

    We have a RB in the HOF that never went to the playoffs and you will have a RB in the HOF that never went to the SB....so what?
    Last edited by Assassin27; 08-01-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Those 8 playoff games that TD played are unmatched... the best in playoff history and might never be duplicated.

    Im sure LT would give up a few years of his career for 1 of TDs rings.

    We have a RB in the HOF that never went to the playoffs and you will have a RB in the HOF that never went to the SB....so what?
    my point about floyd little is to show that positional players are not typically judged by winning like he thinks. so many think because of that playoff run he deserves to be in the HOF yet you have a RB in the HOF right now that never even sniffed the playoffs.

    58miller believes TD was the better back based on those 8 games in the playoffs. but i would also argue that there were multiple scrubs that wee plugged into that system after TD left who looked like probowlers.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    my point about floyd little is to show that positional players are not typically judged by winning like he thinks. so many think because of that playoff run he deserves to be in the HOF yet you have a RB in the HOF right now that never even sniffed the playoffs.

    58miller believes TD was the better back based on those 8 games in the playoffs. but i would also argue that there were multiple scrubs that wee plugged into that system after TD left who looked like probowlers.
    Those scrubs or RBs your are talking about never accomplished what TD did. They may have looked like probowlers but none of them could emulate what TD did. I don't believe it was just the system for TD.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Those scrubs or RBs your are talking about never accomplished what TD did. They may have looked like probowlers but none of them could emulate what TD did. I don't believe it was just the system for TD.
    don't get me wrong, TD was good, i'm not saying he wasn't. but i just think his short lived success is a little over-rated due to the system he was in. especially when you consider that other backs performed at a high level even on bad teams with bad run blocking.

    but yeah, i agree it wasn't just the system with TD. i just think the system definitely had a big part of it and was a big part of why you guys won those SB's.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Those scrubs or RBs your are talking about never accomplished what TD did. They may have looked like probowlers but none of them could emulate what TD did. I don't believe it was just the system for TD.


    still looking for the other scrub back that ran for 2000 yards

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •