Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Elway as a GM

But I missed the part where Bucky called elway overrated???

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    don't get me wrong, TD was good, i'm not saying he wasn't. but i just think his short lived success is a little over-rated due to the system he was in. especially when you consider that other backs performed at a high level even on bad teams with bad run blocking.

but yeah, i agree it wasn't just the system with TD. i just think the system definitely had a big part of it and was a big part of why you guys won those SB's.
    Interesting, what other Bronco back had 2000 yds rush season, league MVP, back to back superbowl championships, and MVP?

Assweiler went 4 of 7 for 27 yards in opener.
    Just curious Barph, you have repeatedly said Elway screwed up when not signing him. At what point are you going to credit Elway for not making him the overpaid QB that both YOU and the Texans think he is worth.

Just another reason Elway is the Goat on the field and off of it.

Oh, and if you want me to dig up multiple posts where YOU implied that Elway screwed the pooch by not paying Assweiler I will happily do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Oh, and if you want me to dig up multiple posts where YOU implied that Elway screwed the pooch by not paying Assweiler I will happily do that.
    He knows what he said, but there is a catch, there is always a catch with barph. In his fantasy world Elway should have signed Brock before last season on the cheap. The fact he is also on record saying how brock is not starter material is something he doesn't want to talk about now but I imagine will come back up once brock proves he is not worth $18 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    He knows what he said, but there is a catch, there is always a catch with barph. In his fantasy world Elway should have signed Brock before last season on the cheap. The fact he is also on record saying how brock is not starter material is something he doesn't want to talk about now but I imagine will come back up once brock proves he is not worth $18 million a year.
    Even if he does come back and say that, barph implied that Elway missed a beat by not signing him and making him the guy. Let's hypothesize and say Elway did sign him 'on the cheap', what would that look like? 14m,15m, per year? That's still TOO MUCH.

Elway didn't pay it because he knew all along Assweiler was a dud.
    That's the difference, if Barph was GM he would have thrown the dollars at a guy that just doesn't have what it takes to make it in this league.

no, what he will do is go back further in his memory...to a time he criticized oz as a wasted pick...and then to a time when he would say see if he was as good as Elway thought he would have dropped manning

and then say...I know more than bronco fans I told you guys, but you got all emo ...can forget the smug

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    no, what he will do is go back further in his memory...to a time he criticized oz as a wasted pick...and then to a time when he would say see if he was as good as Elway thought he would have dropped manning

and then say...I know more than bronco fans I told you guys, but you got all emo ...can forget the smug
    Yeah pretty much blah blah I told you so, you guys are emo, sooooo emo blah blah, I ignored this poster cause this is just entertainment and I don't take it serious blah blah Nebraska has the best fans, 58miller won smack talk award omg, but I don't care, really I don't I'm only going to keep bringing it up cause I don't care!

Come on Baph, Broncos - Chargers history aside, you would love to have Elway as your GM and, admittedly or not, you know it. 5 straight ACF West division champs, 2 SB appearances with 1 win - all in 5 years.

Call him horse face all you (might) want, but if he was running the show down in Mission Valley the Chargers might already have a long-term deal with the city in place and a stadium in the works and Bosa would have signed.

Instead they'll likely move up to LA and probably have to change their colors to silver and black just to fool the locals in to rooting for them on Sunday.

Looks like Elway gets another notch in his belt of moves that seemed wrong at the time, but in retrospect were correct.

Brock looks terrible! Good thing we didn't overpay him like the Texans did.

Assweiler went 4 of 7 for 27 yards in opener.
    Just curious Barph, you have repeatedly said Elway screwed up when not signing him. At what point are you going to credit Elway for not making him the overpaid QB that both YOU and the Texans think he is worth.

Just another reason Elway is the Goat on the field and off of it.
    Never..he will just go back further and say. I told you he wasnt the answer to replace manning When you drafted him.

Thats why we now call him Barph. He pukes up every angle he can think of then screams he was right when 1 of the pukes hits a spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Never..he will just go back further and say. I told you he wasnt the answer to replace manning When you drafted him.

Thats why we now call him Barph. He pukes up every angle he can think of then screams he was right when 1 of the pukes hits a spot.
    Yep, and if Bosa fails he will say he wanted Buckner or Ramsey.
    Good example of his puke is the post after of him defending ingram in a thread entitled Ingram better than Von, but then he says I don't think Ingram is better, he doesn't get that is not the place to defend him, the thread is not called Ingram is horrible , no its saying not only is he good he is better than the leagues best Olb. CLUELESS!

Yep, and if Bosa fails he will say he wanted Buckner or Ramsey.
    Good example of his puke is the post after of him defending ingram in a thread entitled Ingram better than Von, but then he says I don't think Ingram is better, he doesn't get that is not the place to defend him, the thread is not called Ingram is horrible , no its saying not only is he good he is better than the leagues best Olb. CLUELESS!
    he already has

i agree they probably should have taken ramsey or buckner as well, buckner was the guy i really wanted. but we will see, i made this thread to get you clowns to trash him so i can bump this thread at a later date if you turn out wrong

and another examply of the weak bapsmack in bold...putting it out there he really didn't want bosa...after defending his college greatness and how he will just fit in, and how he is the top defender in the draft...so he can ignore it if bosa pans out...and remind people he said he wanted someone else if he don't

followed by his admission....he only posted the bosa thread so he can bump it if bosa plays well...but ignore it if he doesn't...he always has an out

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he always has an out
    dude is like a defense lawyer or politician with no brain.

dude is like a defense lawyer or politician with no brain.
    more like an ambulance chaser